Photo

Hey, Niko, it's your cousin! Let's go do some f*cking Yoga

161 replies to this topic
NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:57 PM

I loved IV myself but I understand why R felt the need to get away from it for V. LA also has a completely feel than NY so of course this one will feel completely different. GTA fans should know by now that no GTA will be like the last. VI will be nothing like V and as much as I like V that is a good thing. I don't like it when my favorites repeat themselves. To me there has never been a bad GTA unless you want to count Advance.

I don't know why people like you keep repeating this. Nobody on here wants any GTA to be like the last. Can you not see what issue is here ? Nobody wanted GTA V to be like GTA IV, they wanted V to be much better than IV in almost every way possible. The anger here is that V was better than IV in some areas and IV is still better than V in other areas. That is the major problem many GTA fans have with V. 

What we don't want is regression. We want progression on top of the progression seen in the last GTA game. I cannot see what is so unreasonable about that, and I cannot understand why any GTA fan would be against this. 

The only thing unreasonable here, is you trying to globally claim there is no progression in V.

But let me guess: I'm just hating on gangbangers again right?....

Oh, and please tell us all your opinion of Trevor again. I think we've forgotten the 7,542nd time you reminded us.

he just said that GTAV was better than IV in some areas

NinjaWJ
  • NinjaWJ

Just trying to get by

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:01 PM

I loved IV myself but I understand why R felt the need to get away from it for V. LA also has a completely feel than NY so of course this one will feel completely different. GTA fans should know by now that no GTA will be like the last. VI will be nothing like V and as much as I like V that is a good thing. I don't like it when my favorites repeat themselves. To me there has never been a bad GTA unless you want to count Advance.

I don't know why people like you keep repeating this. Nobody on here wants any GTA to be like the last. Can you not see what issue is here ? Nobody wanted GTA V to be like GTA IV, they wanted V to be much better than IV in almost every way possible. The anger here is that V was better than IV in some areas and IV is still better than V in other areas. That is the major problem many GTA fans have with V. 

What we don't want is regression. We want progression on top of the progression seen in the last GTA game. I cannot see what is so unreasonable about that, and I cannot understand why any GTA fan would be against this. 

And there's the problem. You're never gonna get full, 100% progression. It just cannot happen, since everything is down to personal taste. Someone may find GTA 5 to be better in every single way to GTA 4. It's completely subjective and personal.

At least most things are.

Of course you can't have 100 percent progression; everyone wouldn't be complaining about the game! However, judging by the amount of threads and the number of pages in this topic many fans are upset at GTAV.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 20 November 2013 - 08:03 PM.

@Official General

"all you wanna talk about is my desire to see more gang/hood stuff in GTA V or your well-known dislike of it"

Thanks for proving my point about how accusing me of this is all you ever do when responding to me.

@Mr_Goldcard

Whilst I hated the driving physics at first, the more and more I play, the more perfect they feel. They are nothing like Saints Row. You can still easily spin out with the slightest of turn, and steering correction still feels very responsive and challenging when flooring it down a busy highway.

What about shooting mechanics? I don't see how anybody in their right mind can claim there hasn't been a pretty substantial improvement. Nothing else to really say on the matter.

Whether or not you enjoyed the story is irrelevant when it comes to gameplay in my book.

ViceCityMobster86
  • ViceCityMobster86

One crazy mofo

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

I like both GTA 4 and GTA 5. They are both awesome.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

And there's the problem. You're never gonna get full, 100% progression. It just cannot happen, since everything is down to personal taste. Someone may find GTA 5 to be better in every single way to GTA 4. It's completely subjective and personal.

You're still missing the point. He is talking about progression in the sense of keeping previous criminal activities from previous GTA games that were fun, while adding new activities.

And before anyone says it, yes these activities can be made to fit the current narrative.

Also, if hardware limitations is a problem, then the focus should be kept on improving activities that are criminal, not leisurely. If we can have both, then that is even better.
  • NinjaWJ and Official General like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:52 PM Edited by Official General, 20 November 2013 - 09:02 PM.

@ Masterfocker

Why are you telling me stuff about 100 % progression ?? Where did I say anything about 100 % ?

You just wade into this to counter my argument, without actually bothering to properly read what I wrote and fully understand what I'm saying.

@ bishop

You understood me perfectly  

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 20 November 2013 - 09:19 PM.

@ Masterfocker

Why are you telling me stuff about 100 % progression ?? Where did I say anything about 100 % ?

You just wade into this to counter my argument, without actually bothering to properly read what I wrote and fully understand what I'm saying.

I bolded, underlined, and italicized it. You didn't say "100%" progression directly. Put 2 and 2 together and you get it though.

I just waded into this to counter your argument? Oh yeah, definitely. I just love countering arguments for absolutely no reason at all!

You of all people should know I don't comment on something I know I can't win. <--- (And by this, I mean I can't lose, since it's down to personal taste. Adding this before you flip out on me thinking I said "I won" an argument I don't intend to even argue about)

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:10 PM Edited by Official General, 20 November 2013 - 10:18 PM.

I bolded, underlined, and italicized it. You didn't say "100%" progression directly. Put 2 and 2 together and you get it though.

No, I don't get it. The bottom line, is that I NEVER said it.

So please, in future don't put words in my mouth that I never said in the first place and try to use it in an argument against me. 

I don't know what you think you've won, but you certainly did not win anything here, because I never said what you challenged me on. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I have nothing against the gang aspect but there are other ways of criminality and honestly killing because somebody wears a different color shirt than you is just stupid. Robbing banks and selling drugs has profit in it while gang banging just ruins neighborhoods. If the bloods and crips would get together and form a criminal empire they could rival the mafia and cartels but they kill over shirt colors. Sometimes I was wishing in SA that all the gangs would unite and go against the police and take over SA.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:31 PM Edited by Official General, 20 November 2013 - 10:33 PM.

I have nothing against the gang aspect but there are other ways of criminality and honestly killing because somebody wears a different color shirt than you is just stupid. Robbing banks and selling drugs has profit in it while gang banging just ruins neighborhoods. If the bloods and crips would get together and form a criminal empire they could rival the mafia and cartels but they kill over shirt colors. Sometimes I was wishing in SA that all the gangs would unite and go against the police and take over SA.

It's deeper than that bro. The color aspect is just to show which gang member is aligned with who, it's just a kind of marker. Yeah it does get silly sometimes, but that's not really what gangbangin' is all about. It's mostly to do with competing for turf for drug sales. What you think those gangs just shoot each other over colors ? Come on bro, do some research, your're smart. It's not as simple and straightforward as that. These guys on the block, street and corner slangin' drugs for that money hard. They go out to rob banks, drug stashes of other gangs and connects. They don't just ride around bangin' over colors. Gangbangin' is centered around the same concept as any kind of organized crime group, there is no difference apart from ethnicity, fashion and sub-culture. 

KingKock
  • KingKock

I'm a Dingus....

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

I like both GTA 4 and GTA 5. They are both awesome.

You

Are

God

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

:^:

No one wants GTA V to be a carbon copy of GTA IV or any other GTA for that matter. Personally now the hype has worn off a lot of GTA V's flaws are starting to rear their head that I never bothered to notice in the first week or so. I don't think it was worth the 5 year wait IMO. It should've come out 2 years ago.

GTA V progresses in certain ways and regresses in others. There's no point trying to deny it. My opinion still stands that I think R* focused too much on leisure activities and not enough on crime.

The worst thing is GTA V has multiple protagonists and most of the few crime related missions there are, are in favour of one. Michael and Franklin get hung out to dry considerably. Which is a shame because Michael is my favourite GTA V protagonist yet whenever I switch to him it gets boring as the only things he can do are leisure based.

I don't understand why there couldn't have been a balanced distribution across the three of them instead of favouring Trevor who not everyone likes to play as, but if you want to experience GTA V's limited criminal underworld that's really the only alternative. Franklin is wasted potential and should've had a vehicle repossession side mission at least and some sort of gang wars side mission. Maybe not like what was in SA, but perhaps in the vein of TLAD's gang wars.

I guess to sum it up simply GTA V isn't the game it should be. Leisure activities are fine, but when they take priority something isn't right.

• NinjaWJ, Official General and ThroatSlasher2 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users