Hey, Niko, it's your cousin! Let's go do some f*cking Yoga

161 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Roman did call you on the missions but it was scripted based on the mission. Niko automatically said no. It adds a touch of a game thats alive and its a nice detail.

I like a slow paced game better than a game that starts with over the top missions ex. COD, BF. I like to get to know the city first, the people, background, story, it all adds to the climax

They may have made more money but its certainly not as good as it could've been.

In free roam Roman and other people called you all the time and if you said no they would get mad and take away perks. How is that fun?

You would gain the perks after you did a couple of actvities with them. They don't take them away after you have them. And at least it's better than V, were they don't give you anything.

In V it is just an extra if you want more insight into the story as it should be. I knew people were going to backlash against V but I never thought people would actually want annoying calls back when even people who loved IV hated them.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

I just find this massive backlash against GTA V to be quite ironic in the aftermath of the massive backlash against GTA IV. All I remember was people complaining about the various activities in that one, now people are complaining that this one doesn't have all of those.

They are both great games. They do things differently. I personally hope Rockstar doesn't spend millons of dollars and dozens of man hours on implementing more minigames via DLC or what have you, but I guess if they do people will complain less.

I do think it is highly disingenuous to complain about a lack of interiors compared to GTA IV when in exchange we got several square miles of realistic and highly detailed countryside.

The general public certainly seems like V a lot more than IV so that is what really matters.

The general public will move on by the next 6 months to the new COD, battefield, or other FFS game. While the real fans like me who stayed playing GTA IV for 5 years will still be here... What I'm saying is Rockstar tried too hard to please the casual gamers ex. Taking off friends activities, Making driving easier and less realistic, Shorter storyline, More over the top missions, etc. Etc. All of these things affected GTA V for the worse. Not saying its a bad game but could've been better had Rockstar done what was intended to be done like with GTA IV.

Friends activities are still there. They are just not forced on you anymore. Do you honestly think that having Roman call you when you are on your way to a mission then getting mad when you say no is better? That is better than what we have now?

Over the top missions are much better than waiting in the car while your cousin gambles. This is not meant to be a chaperon simulator.

However you slice it making the game the way it is has paid off a whole lot more than if they made another IV.

lol so i take it that you rather just go buy some masks/ steal a van and call those a mission, rather then waiting for roman to gamble/kill the bookies coming to get him?  sigh i dont even know what to say to that

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

------ GRAND THEFT AUTO IV --------      ------GRAND THEFT AUTO V------

- Infinite Vigilante Missions           >             - 4 Bail Bonds Missions

- Little Jacob's Drug Deals            >        - Beverly's Celebrity Chasing

- Roman's Taxi Fares                     >          - Downtown Taxi Co. Missions

- Steve's Imports                           >             - Epsilon vehicle requests

- Fight Club                                    >            - Yoga

- Bowling                                        <            - Tennis

- Phone booth Assassinations    =               - Lester's Assassinations

- Brucie's sports races                  >             - Hao's Street races

- Bike Races w/ Baseball Bats     >              - Seashark Races

- Infinite Gang Wars                     >             - Weed Farm Random Event

- Watch TV (unavailable Online)       =        - Watch TV (available in Online)

- Air Hockey                                <              - Flying school

- None                                         <             - Upgradable Attributes

- Cabaret + Comedy Clubs      >                 - Watch Movies

- Explore Internet via PC          <                - Explore Internet via PC or pone

- Darts                                         =            - Darts

- Golf                                           <             - Golf (improved)

- Good Triathlons                      <               - Lame Triathlons

- None                                         >            - Property Missions

- Collectibles                             =              - Collectibles 

- Use of Alcohol                       >                - Usage of Marijuana & Alcohol

- Swimming                              <               - Swimming and Diving + Submarine

- Parachuting                           =               - Parachuting

- Drug Wars                              =              - McKenzie Air Hangar

- Booty Calls                            =               - Booty Calls

- Dating                                     >              - None

- Dancing                                  >              - None

- 2 Strip Clubs                         >                - 1 Strip Club

- Nightclubs                             >               - None

- Card Game                            >              - None

- Arm Wrestling                       =                - Arm Wrestling (Online Only)

- Police Arresting Criminals   >                - Police Murdering Criminals

- Friend Benefits                       >              - None

- Fun Interiors                           >             - Like...4 interiors...

- None                                       <             - Off-Road Races

- Helicopters                            <               - Helicopters, Planes, Jets

- NOOSE Tank                         =              - Real Tank

- Explosive Rounds (1 weapon)     <        - Weapon Attachments

- 4 Safehouses (Niko)              =             - One safehouse (each)

- Enterable Restaurants          =              - Store hold-ups

- None                                       <             - Hunting

Overall GTA IV takes the cake.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I Do Want To Set The World On Fire!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

Steve's Imports & Brucie's Exotics Requests *

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Scuba, exploring the sea over missions, parachuting wich you can shoot from, more collectables that atleast have some reward some times, switch system, gas trails...

There are more stuff in V then IV Vanilla version, even more weapons and such. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

I just find this massive backlash against GTA V to be quite ironic in the aftermath of the massive backlash against GTA IV. All I remember was people complaining about the various activities in that one, now people are complaining that this one doesn't have all of those.

They are both great games. They do things differently. I personally hope Rockstar doesn't spend millons of dollars and dozens of man hours on implementing more minigames via DLC or what have you, but I guess if they do people will complain less.

I do think it is highly disingenuous to complain about a lack of interiors compared to GTA IV when in exchange we got several square miles of realistic and highly detailed countryside.

The general public certainly seems like V a lot more than IV so that is what really matters.

The general public will move on by the next 6 months to the new COD, battefield, or other FFS game. While the real fans like me who stayed playing GTA IV for 5 years will still be here... What I'm saying is Rockstar tried too hard to please the casual gamers ex. Taking off friends activities, Making driving easier and less realistic, Shorter storyline, More over the top missions, etc. Etc. All of these things affected GTA V for the worse. Not saying its a bad game but could've been better had Rockstar done what was intended to be done like with GTA IV.

Friends activities are still there. They are just not forced on you anymore. Do you honestly think that having Roman call you when you are on your way to a mission then getting mad when you say no is better? That is better than what we have now?

Over the top missions are much better than waiting in the car while your cousin gambles. This is not meant to be a chaperon simulator.

However you slice it making the game the way it is has paid off a whole lot more than if they made another IV.

lol so i take it that you rather just go buy some masks/ steal a van and call those a mission, rather then waiting for roman to gamble/kill the bookies coming to get him?  sigh i dont even know what to say to that

It is preparation for a larger mission. In SA you stole bikes to prepare for a heist as well. The first few missions in IV were boring as hell. Sure it picked up later on but by that point people already had a bad taste in their mouth.

• John Smith likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

V has countryside, planes, cars that don't constantly slide, car customization, weapon customization, a bigger selection of vehicles, amusement rides that actually work plus many more things. 

• John Smith likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:11 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 18 November 2013 - 10:12 PM.

It is preparation for a larger mission. In SA you stole bikes to prepare for a heist as well. The first few missions in IV were boring as hell. Sure it picked up later on but by that point people already had a bad taste in their mouth.

yes i understand that its prep for the heist, i dont  mind it  but they shouldn't be counted as one of the 69 missions which they are. out of the 69 missions, how many are actually missions? maybe what 40

I personally like the story and missions in 4 better than 5. the heist concept is cool. but 3 of the heist dont even matter

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

I don't actually understand the whole interiors argument, outside of missions, interiors are pointless. Nothing to do in them. 

But what I will say is I'm actually pretty convinced the interiors in V are more plentiful than IV. The army base interior is great, and the whole tunnel system you have in LS is amazing as well, I discovered a great little section the other day, fun for racing bikes through. 

But other than that, I need a story and an objective to put me through an interior. 

They're pointless for YOU, but not for everyone else. A few others already stated why they liked the interiors and I happen to agree with them. V doesn't even have close to the same amount of interiors that IV had. The army base has an interior? Since when? And the other sh*t you said isn't an interior, its an EXTERIOR.

I'm pretty sure the people who defend the f*ck out of V were the ones that complained about IV. Don't lump everyone into that sh*t. 

Bold: In my opinion, the countryside is boring, bland as f*ck. I'd rather have interiors, than to have a sh*t countryside. 

• UltraGizmo64 and Bonnano like this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

I don´t know which game offers more things to do, but I do know which one pumped in a higher % of quality features. And that´s 4, hands down.

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 18 November 2013 - 10:16 PM.

I don´t know which game offers more things to do, but I do know which one pumped in a higher % of quality features. And that´s 4, hands down.

i would say 5 probablly offers more than 4, if you add 4's dlcs it would be equal. but i enjoyed the side missons/stuff more in 4 than i do in 5

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

yes i understand that its prep for the heist, i dont  mind it  but they shouldn't be counted as one of the 69 missions which they are. out of the 69 missions, how many are actually missions? maybe what 40

I personally like the story and missions in 4 better than 5. the heist concept is cool. but 3 of the heist dont even matter

I will take a heist gone wrong over driving my cousin to the apartment as the first mission any day.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by Tenxax, 18 November 2013 - 10:59 PM.

Fairly enough, V has a lot more of interiors than IV.

The reason they feel there is a lot lesser comes from the fact that most of them get locked or just don't really see the Difference between Normal Ammunation and Shooting Range Ammunation.

And you're comparing what you think is best.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

I'm getting annoyed. People just need to shut the f-ck up with that IV got massive backlash bullsh*t. I'll say it once again, most of those bitching about V probably did not bitch about IV, or at least not as much.

Whether you like IV or not fact is fact. People being letdown by IV is a big part of why Saints Row became as large as it did. You do notice that ever since V came out you don't even hear about SRIV anymore? That is because V for the most part brought those fans back to the franchise.

When did Saints Row ever become large in the first place? The only reason I can think of why the Saints Row games aren't talked about as much now is because of the retarded sci-fi/comedy/action direction the devs started with SRTT. Just look around this place really. The first two games are always the most sought after. A lot of hardcore Saints Row fans hate the direction taken with SRTT and SRIV.

• Bonnano likes this

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'm getting annoyed. People just need to shut the f-ck up with that IV got massive backlash bullsh*t. I'll say it once again, most of those bitching about V probably did not bitch about IV, or at least not as much.

Whether you like IV or not fact is fact. People being letdown by IV is a big part of why Saints Row became as large as it did. You do notice that ever since V came out you don't even hear about SRIV anymore? That is because V for the most part brought those fans back to the franchise.

When did Saints Row ever become large in the first place? The only reason I can think of why the Saints Row games aren't talked about as much now is because of the retarded sci-fi/comedy/action direction the devs started with SRTT. Just look around this place really. The first two games are always the most sought after. A lot of hardcore Saints Row fans hate the direction taken with SRTT and SRIV.

I think it's because SR1 and SR2 we're getting a lot of hate for being ''too much'' like GTA SA. So, to distant themselves from the classic street gang hood sh*t of the first two, we got ... flying bikes, massive dildos, and aliens. Sad, sad, sad ... what a waste.

detroit_outlaw
  • detroit_outlaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Why is it that majority people on this forum defend rockstar to they death like theyre being paid by them I am a diehard rockstat fan not just gta I own every game theyade and was amped for v but honestly it was a dissapointment yes the map is beautiful and they fixed some of the problems with iv but ignored most like there is not enough side missons main story is to short 69 missions for 3 characters believe iv had 95 alot of missions only lasted 5 min with 1 objective there is nothing to make you want to play once you finish the game even iv had way more playability after game do to many good side missions what do we have in v for end game playability yoga smh not even mentioning gtao
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Why is it that majority people on this forum defend rockstar to they death like theyre being paid by them I am a diehard rockstat fan not just gta I own every game theyade and was amped for v but honestly it was a dissapointment yes the map is beautiful and they fixed some of the problems with iv but ignored most like there is not enough side missons main story is to short 69 missions for 3 characters believe iv had 95 alot of missions only lasted 5 min with 1 objective there is nothing to make you want to play once you finish the game even iv had way more playability after game do to many good side missions what do we have in v for end game playability yoga smh not even mentioning gtao

There's not a single piece of punctuation in that. Holy mother of god.

When you see a post like this, it's time to:

original.gif

But yeah, I know what you're trying to say, but you can say it better. You have to say it better.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:27 PM

To be honest the lack of side missions in GTA V really rears its head if you

Spoiler

• Grand Theft Savage likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

No words can describe how absurd your logic is. IV is the reason Saints Row became as big as it is? First of all, does it really matter if a large crowd decides something is better and something isn't? I mean a large crowd of people today think pop music is the sh*t yet I think it is utter sh*t. Does that make me wrong and them right because I'm the minority and they're the majority?

That's silly.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by Official General, 19 November 2013 - 01:04 AM.

V has countryside, planes, cars that don't constantly slide, car customization, weapon customization, a bigger selection of vehicles, amusement rides that actually work plus many more things. 

Bro lets be fair here, people like you boast about GTA V having countryside and wilderness, but for all it's initial beauty, it was very bland and not so vibrant. The wildlife was very mediocre, especially compared to RDR - most of the animals seen 90 percent of the time were just deer hopping around by the roadside. Once in a while I saw cougars and boar, but that was it. There were no extensive forests, that could truly be described as forest. Random events happened in the countryside, but they are few and far between, and they are not replayable - once they are done, there is not much else human encounters to look forward to. 

Simply put, the countryside and wilderness in V was a great deal of wasted potential. There could have been a ton of stuff do around that part of the map. 

And what you said about SR winning fans after GTA IV came out was bullsh*T. SR2 tried to come out a media campaign to diss IV and say it was boring, but it fell flat on it's face. No one really took SR3 and SR4 seriously.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by Wolfhuman, 19 November 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Yes, Rockstar said that this will be their most ambitious game yet.

But didn't they said that same for Gta IV, or even for every gta game?

To include the dlc is unfair, all the dlc of gta v is not even out yet.

And the dlc for gta iv came after 1-2 years, so you  wait a bit.

*edit: spelling.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:15 AM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 19 November 2013 - 01:16 AM.

@Official General....who else....

So one minute your complaing that GTA should always be about crime, and V doesn't have enough of your perceived element of crime......now your complaining V doesn't have enough of an ecosystem? 

Are you deliberately trying to contradict your "arguments"? Or are you simply just looking for anything and everything to whinge about in order to let off that built up steam that you didn't get your 2.0 SA gangbanging focused theme? My guess is the latter.

• Wolfhuman likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

IV - Quality

V- Quantity

Quality over Quantity.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

You're seriously comparing Bike races to Yoga? That ain't even fair considering there are Motorcross races in the game.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Oh people had a bad taste in their mouth because the first few missions in IV were slow? What about the "oh so beloved" San Andreas. It's early missions were as slow as IV.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:22 AM Edited by Official General, 19 November 2013 - 01:25 AM.

So one minute your complaing that GTA should always be about crime, and V doesn't have enough of your perceived element of crime......now your complaining V doesn't have enough of an ecosystem? 

Are you deliberately trying to contradict your "arguments"? Or are you simply just looking for anything and everything to whinge about in order to let off that built up steam that you didn't get your 2.0 SA gangbanging focused theme? My guess is the latter.

I'm talking about the countryside and wilderness and you turn the convo into another anti-gang tirade. Wow, you just don't let up on this do you ? So predictable and downright boring having a conversation with you, it's only gonna end in one way - "I hate the gangsta culture, the hood, and SA, na na na". 

Okay you guessed right detective, I present you with your new badge and you've been promoted to lieutenant. Now can you shut the f**k up please and leave me to discuss in peace ??

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:27 AM Edited by Proletariat, 19 November 2013 - 01:27 AM.

What so bad about bowling?? You guys complained so much that they took it off. Let's complain about how sh*tty the story and physics and driving is so they remove it in the next GTA.

Get this into your f*cking head- THE STORY AND DRIVING PHYSICS DON'T SUCK. AT ALL. NOW STFU. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

When I went to buy SR IV it was lunch time on a weekday and they were down to three copies on release day. It has a huge following and off this board SR2 wins most polls against IV. I loved IV too but that is just reality.

Also to address another posts I didn't find the countryside to be lacking and empty. There is plenty there for people willing to explore. There is more than the countryside in SA.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

No words can describe how absurd your logic is. IV is the reason Saints Row became as big as it is? First of all, does it really matter if a large crowd decides something is better and something isn't? I mean a large crowd of people today think pop music is the sh*t yet I think it is utter sh*t. Does that make me wrong and them right because I'm the minority and they're the majority?

That's silly.

It doesn't make anybody wrong or right but companies want to sell games to the majority and Rockstar is no exception. They are not in the business to cater to a niche group of elitists who think everybody who doesn't think like them is a casual gamer.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

You're seriously comparing Bike races to Yoga? That ain't even fair considering there are Motorcross races in the game.

Unfortunately this is what they do: insist on using the worst feature of V to back up their flailing case, whilst blatantly and conveniently ignoring all of the upgraded features of V. The problem with these guys is that they didn't get a certain element make a return for them, so they childishly need to slander the whole game because of it - and they have the audacity to label us fanboys? Truely laughable.

I'm talking about the countryside and wilderness and you turn the convo into another anti-gang tirade. Wow, you just don't let up on this do you ? So predictable and downright boring having a conversation with you, it's only gonna end in one way - "I hate the gangsta culture, the hood, and SA, na na na". 

Okay you guessed right detective, I present you with your new badge and you've been promoted to lieutenant. Now can you shut the f**k up please and leave me to discuss in peace ??

Your whining history - as recently as 5 minutes ago in another thread - proves so, yes.

• Wolfhuman likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users