Photo

Hey, Niko, it's your cousin! Let's go do some f*cking Yoga

161 replies to this topic
JC20S
  • JC20S

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

I miss bowling.  I want to bowl in multiplayer too.

And I liked the dating mini-games. It was interesting needing to dress right, have the right car, take them to the right places... oh well.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

What so bad about bowling?? You guys complained so much that they took it off. Let's complain about how sh*tty the story and physics and driving is so they remove it in the next GTA.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

What so bad about bowling?? You guys complained so much that they took it off. Let's complain about how sh*tty the story and physics and driving is so they remove it in the next GTA.

It probably has more to do with the "Niko it is your cousin lets go bowling" stigma than the actual activity itself since it wasn't that bad.

Or people saying it sucked probably got beaten by Roman far too much.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

It probably has more to do with the "Niko it is your cousin lets go bowling" stigma than the actual activity itself since it wasn't that bad.

Or people saying it sucked probably got beaten by Roman far too much.

Off but topic, but your signature pic... I always believed that is was Niko's final destiny getting caught by the FIB. I believe that's what happened after the ending.

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:33 AM Edited by Baramos, 18 November 2013 - 06:35 AM.

My point is that yoga and bowling are interchangeable in their suckiness. They are only really there to add to the realism of the "living breathing world" they've created. They could have left out yoga, too. But the complaint that you can't bowl is idiotic, because bowling sucked.

And no, I didn't lose at it. I figured out how its physics worked and won at it. It's just that it's quite pointess in comparison to actual missions which are much more fun.

This game has golf. The golf is boring, but it's a full golf minigame. My point is you can't just go with sheer quantity of things over quality. That's stupid. And it's not as if this game didn't have a ton of completely new things like hunting, scuba gear, submarines, etc.

As for describing me as a fanboy, I don't know that I am necessarily a Rockstar fanboy or always a GTA fanboy (although I do find it difficult to find fault with the vast majority of their games), but I'm a gigantic fan of this game in the series in particular, I must say. I think it's absolutely phenomenal.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

My point is that yoga and bowling are interchangeable in their suckiness. They are only really there to add to the realism of the "living breathing world" they've created. They could have left out yoga, too. But the complaint that you can't bowl is idiotic, because bowling sucked.

And no, I didn't lose at it. I figured out how its physics worked and won at it. It's just that it's quite pointess in comparison to actual missions which are much more fun.

This game has golf. The golf is boring, but it's a full golf minigame. My point is you can't just go with sheer quantity of things over quality. That's stupid. And it's not as if this game didn't have a ton of completely new things like hunting, scuba gear, submarines, etc.

As for describing me as a fanboy, I don't know that I am necessarily a Rockstar fanboy or always a GTA fanboy (although I do find it difficult to find fault with the vast majority of their games), but I'm a gigantic fan of this game in the series in particular, I must say. I think it's absolutely phenomenal.

Let it allll out.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

TBoGT didn't really have triathlons. Triathlons are more physical activities rather than going from vehicle to vehicle. 

• JustOneMonth likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

Its funny how you compare gta iv + episodes of liberty city to only gta v.

DLC is not even out yet., wait for it.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:04 PM Edited by Official General, 18 November 2013 - 12:07 PM.

Aren't there clubs you can go to with friends in GTA 5?

And how does GTA 4 have fun interiors? I remember like 2 hospital interiors, and apartment interiors. Barely 'fun'

Going to clubs with friends is in GTA V. Okay I see lol.......

Errmm, it's the fact that you cannot actually enter these clubs in GTA 5 that works against it. GTA IV + Episodes has lots of fun interiors. In GTA IV, you can enter two Starling nightclubs, The Russian Cabaret, Jamaican Cafe/Bar and the Strip Club in Bohan. TBOGT alone you can enter 3 different nightclubs. These places are vibrant and they are crazy fun to start shootouts in them, trust me bro, it's fireworks.

In GTA V, you cannot even enter ONE nightclub in whole of Los Santos, as big as it is. 

@ Savage

You forgot one thing - you can rob the internet cafe in GTA IV, not as good as store hold ups in GTA V, but you can do it. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

And how does GTA 4 have fun interiors? I remember like 2 hospital interiors, and apartment interiors. Barely 'fun'

Errmm, it's the fact that you cannot actually enter these clubs in GTA 5 that works against it. GTA IV + Episodes has lots of fun interiors. In GTA IV, you can enter two Starling nightclubs, The Russian Cabaret, Jamaican Cafe/Bar and the Strip Club in Bohan. TBOGT alone you can enter 3 different nightclubs. These places are vibrant and they are crazy fun to start shootouts in them, trust me bro, it's fireworks.

In GTA V, you cannot even enter ONE nightclub in whole of Los Santos, as big as it is. 

@ Savage

You forgot one thing - you can rob the internet cafe in GTA IV, not as good as store hold ups in GTA V, but you can do it. 
Don't forget places like the Majestic hotel lobby and the Libertonian museum.

Even still there are many random buildings dotted around the city that aren't major landmarks or marked on the map.

The house LJ and Niko go into during "Concrete Jungle" can still be entered.

GTA V is a step backwards in this aspect no two ways about it.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:23 PM Edited by Official General, 18 November 2013 - 12:23 PM.

@ Savage

Don't forget places like the Majestic hotel lobby and the Libertonian museum.

Even still there are many random buildings dotted around the city that aren't major landmarks or marked on the map.

The house LJ and Niko go into during "Concrete Jungle" can still be entered.

GTA V is a step backwards in this aspect no two ways about it.

@ Son of Liberty

Yeah of course, there is the hotel and musuem in IV that can be entered too. And you can still enter that office block in downtown Algonquin where you go for the interview with Mr Goldberg after that mission. 

Anyone who claims that V was not backwards in it's accessible interiors offerings compared to IV is in complete, and utter denial. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

The thing is the interiors GTA V does contain are so cool, but it's all for nothing when they're locked after missions.

The fact no nightclubs etc can be entered in what is meant to be a modern representation of LA is inexcusable. The only thing that comes close in that little bar out in the desert.

Other than that LA's night life is represented poorly in GTA V. At least TBOGT offered an insight into NYC's.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

The thing is the interiors GTA V does contain are so cool, but it's all for nothing when they're locked after missions.

The fact no nightclubs etc can be entered in what is meant to be a modern representation of LA is inexcusable. The only thing that comes close in that little bar out in the desert.

Other than that LA's night life is represented poorly in GTA V. At least TBOGT offered an insight into NYC's.

It's quite funny that you mention the LA nightlife actually. Rockstar's choices for the DLCs in IV weren't that great in relation to the setting. I mean don't get me wrong, I f*cking love TLAD and TBOGT somewhat, but both the biker and nightlife themes both seem to be better suited to LA and California (TBOGT however would have worked excellently in Vice City). Either way they're both great games and will never give them away.

@everyone claiming there were no store robberies in IV, you're quite correct. While they weren't as blatantly obvious as the 24/7 locations in V, you would rob the three laundromats, the three tw@ cafes and Modo.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Can you enter interiors online in GTA V, like you could in IV?

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

Some people have always clamored for interiors, right up until you ask them 'why?'... then they shut up.

Hmm, smartass, we want interiors because it adds immersion to the game. :colgate: Shut up Car Lover. People can love V for all I care, but those who like to ass kiss 24/7 and insult any type of criticism -- like you yourself -- need to just shut up and leave the forums. It's been two mother f*cking months and this god damned forum can't even have a sensible discussion about V's pros and cons without people getting pissy anny about someone's opinion. Just shut up for once? Okay?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by Official General, 18 November 2013 - 02:54 PM.

It's quite funny that you mention the LA nightlife actually. Rockstar's choices for the DLCs in IV weren't that great in relation to the setting. I mean don't get me wrong, I f*cking love TLAD and TBOGT somewhat, but both the biker and nightlife themes both seem to be better suited to LA and California (TBOGT however would have worked excellently in Vice City). Either way they're both great games and will never give them away.

@everyone claiming there were no store robberies in IV, you're quite correct. While they weren't as blatantly obvious as the 24/7 locations in V, you would rob the three laundromats, the three tw@ cafes and Modo.

@ NikoVercetti112

Nah bro. New York City has a very vibrant and massive nightlife, and I was cool with the nightclub theme in TBOGT in LC, it was really good. Los Santos should have this nightclub scene of it's, it's an offence that it did not, inexcusable.

I agree with what you stated about the biker gang theme though - I just don't see biker gangs as being typical of the NYC/NJ criminal underworld. Biker gang dlc like TLAD should have been saved for GTA V, to be set Blaine County, that would have been much better. 

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Stopped reading when you included DLC.

Soda and Soap
  • Soda and Soap

Dr Pepper

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

In GTA IV you CAN rob stores you could rob the internet cafes & laundromats. 

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by Baramos, 18 November 2013 - 04:45 PM.

I just find this massive backlash against GTA V to be quite ironic in the aftermath of the massive backlash against GTA IV. All I remember was people complaining about the various activities in that one, now people are complaining that this one doesn't have all of those.

They are both great games. They do things differently. I personally hope Rockstar doesn't spend millons of dollars and dozens of man hours on implementing more minigames via DLC or what have you, but I guess if they do people will complain less.

I do think it is highly disingenuous to complain about a lack of interiors compared to GTA IV when in exchange we got several square miles of realistic and highly detailed countryside.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Look, not all people complained about IV. I never did. My only complaint was the driving but then I realized how great it was and now I love it. Don't think thats the case with V. It's just sh*tty driving physics.

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

The problem isn't yoga or tennis
But the lack of interaction and new side activities

Not to mention the absence of infinite bounty hunter and vigilante missions

Properties are great, but poorly implemented in Our opinion
And a lot of other things are missing as well, interiors above all

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

I just find this massive backlash against GTA V to be quite ironic in the aftermath of the massive backlash against GTA IV. All I remember was people complaining about the various activities in that one, now people are complaining that this one doesn't have all of those.

They are both great games. They do things differently. I personally hope Rockstar doesn't spend millons of dollars and dozens of man hours on implementing more minigames via DLC or what have you, but I guess if they do people will complain less.

I do think it is highly disingenuous to complain about a lack of interiors compared to GTA IV when in exchange we got several square miles of realistic and highly detailed countryside.

The general public certainly seems like V a lot more than IV so that is what really matters.

• Mr_Goldcard likes this

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

IV and V are equally awesome to me. So f*ck off all u whiners.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

I'm getting annoyed. People just need to shut the f-ck up with that IV got massive backlash bullsh*t. I'll say it once again, most of those bitching about V probably did not bitch about IV, or at least not as much.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'm getting annoyed. People just need to shut the f-ck up with that IV got massive backlash bullsh*t. I'll say it once again, most of those bitching about V probably did not bitch about IV, or at least not as much.

Whether you like IV or not fact is fact. People being letdown by IV is a big part of why Saints Row became as large as it did. You do notice that ever since V came out you don't even hear about SRIV anymore? That is because V for the most part brought those fans back to the franchise.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

The general public certainly seems like V a lot more than IV so that is what really matters.

The general public will move on by the next 6 months to the new COD, battefield, or other FFS game. While the real fans like me who stayed playing GTA IV for 5 years will still be here... What I'm saying is Rockstar tried too hard to please the casual gamers ex. Taking off friends activities, Making driving easier and less realistic, Shorter storyline, More over the top missions, etc. Etc. All of these things affected GTA V for the worse. Not saying its a bad game but could've been better had Rockstar done what was intended to be done like with GTA IV.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

The general public will move on by the next 6 months to the new COD, battefield, or other FFS game. While the real fans like me who stayed playing GTA IV for 5 years will still be here... What I'm saying is Rockstar tried too hard to please the casual gamers ex. Taking off friends activities, Making driving easier and less realistic, Shorter storyline, More over the top missions, etc. Etc. All of these things affected GTA V for the worse. Not saying its a bad game but could've been better had Rockstar done what was intended to be done like with GTA IV.

Friends activities are still there. They are just not forced on you anymore. Do you honestly think that having Roman call you when you are on your way to a mission then getting mad when you say no is better? That is better than what we have now?

Over the top missions are much better than waiting in the car while your cousin gambles. This is not meant to be a chaperon simulator.

However you slice it making the game the way it is has paid off a whole lot more than if they made another IV.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

Roman did call you on the missions but it was scripted based on the mission. Niko automatically said no. It adds a touch of a game thats alive and its a nice detail.

I like a slow paced game better than a game that starts with over the top missions ex. COD, BF. I like to get to know the city first, the people, background, story, it all adds to the climax

They may have made more money but its certainly not as good as it could've been.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

Roman did call you on the missions but it was scripted based on the mission. Niko automatically said no. It adds a touch of a game thats alive and its a nice detail.

I like a slow paced game better than a game that starts with over the top missions ex. COD, BF. I like to get to know the city first, the people, background, story, it all adds to the climax

They may have made more money but its certainly not as good as it could've been.

In free roam Roman and other people called you all the time and if you said no they would get mad and take away perks. How is that fun?

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

In free roam Roman and other people called you all the time and if you said no they would get mad and take away perks. How is that fun?

You would gain the perks after you did a couple of actvities with them. They don't take them away after you have them. And at least it's better than V, were they don't give you anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users