» «
Photo

Hey, Niko, it's your cousin! Let's go do some f*cking Yoga

161 replies to this topic
Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:59 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 18 November 2013 - 03:51 AM.

------ GRAND THEFT AUTO IV --------      ------GRAND THEFT AUTO V------

- Infinite Vigilante Missions                        - 4 Bail Bonds Missions

- Little Jacob's Drug Deals                        - Beverly's Celebrity Chasing

- Roman's Taxi Fares                                - Downtown Taxi Co. Missions

- Steve's Imports                                        - Epsilon vehicle requests

- Fight Club                                                - Yoga

- Bowling                                                    - Tennis

- Phone booth Assassinations                   - Lester's Assassinations

- Brucie's sports races                               - Hao's Street races

- Bike Races w/ Baseball Bats                   - Seashark Races

- Infinite Gang Wars                                   - Weed Farm Random Event

- Watch TV (unavailable Online)               - Watch TV (available in Online)

- Air Hockey                                              - Flying school

- None                                                       - Upgradable Attributes

- Cabaret + Comedy Clubs                       - Watch Movies

- Explore Internet via PC                          - Explore Internet via PC or pone

- Darts                                                      - Darts

- Golf                                                        - Golf (improved)

- Good Triathlons                                     - Lame Triathlons

- None                                                      - Property Missions

- Collectibles                                            - Collectibles 

- Use of Alcohol                                       - Usage of Marijuana & Alcohol

- Swimming                                             - Swimming and Diving + Submarine

- Parachuting                                          - Parachuting

- Drug Wars                                            - McKenzie Air Hangar

- Booty Calls                                           - Booty Calls

- Dating                                                   - None

- Dancing                                                - None

- 2 Strip Clubs                                         - 1 Strip Club

- Nightclubs                                            - None

- Card Game                                           - None

- Arm Wrestling                                       - Arm Wrestling (Online Only)

- Police Arresting Criminals                    - Police Murdering Criminals

- Friend Benefits                                     - None

- Fun Interiors                                         - Like...4 interiors...

- None                                                     - Off-Road Races

- Helicopters                                           - Helicopters, Planes, Jets

- NOOSE Tank                                       - Real Tank

- Explosive Rounds (1 weapon)             - Weapon Attachments

- 4 Safehouses (Niko)                            - One safehouse (each)

- Enterable Restaurants                         - Store hold-ups

- None                                                    - Hunting

Personally I say they're nearly even, GTA IV wins by a little. But if you factor in Chop, GTA V wins by a landslide (sarcasm)

I am well aware that there is much more to compare

• Tashan, Ermac, UltraGizmo64 and 3 others like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

There were Thriatlons in IV? Since when?

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:09 AM

There were Thriatlons in IV? Since when?

TBOGT had them.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

Aren't there clubs you can go to with friends in GTA 5?

And how does GTA 4 have fun interiors? I remember like 2 hospital interiors, and apartment interiors. Barely 'fun'

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

And how does GTA 4 have fun interiors? I remember like 2 hospital interiors, and apartment interiors. Barely 'fun'

Some people have always clamored for interiors, right up until you ask them 'why?'... then they shut up.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

Much of your IV support includes friend and dating features - features that were constantly bashed as being "annoying" and "pointless". Now people are complaining that they are missing?

This pretty much reinforces Antagonista's statement from another thread:

">hates things from IV

>begs for them to come back in some sort of way in V"

/thread

• D3ADSH0T and KingKock like this

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:15 AM Edited by Original Light, 18 November 2013 - 02:15 AM.

I loved the Majestic hotel interior. It was a good place to get the cops on you and hide.

There's also a lot of hidden interiors, only used in cutscenes, that you can go in on the PC version with a trainer, even though you can't go in them otherwise.

GTA IV and GTA V both have their pros and cons in my opinion. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

I loved the Majestic hotel interior. It was a good place to get the cops on you and hide.

There's also a lot of hidden interiors, only used in cutscenes, that you can go in on the PC version with a trainer, even though you can't go in them otherwise.

Oh yeah! I remember that interior. It was cool, although you could only go into the lobby, and if you went from the top, you could go into one room and 2 floors. Still not necessarily 'fun'

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

Lol, no

Great place for cover from the police. You could have an amazing shootout in any of the interiors. They all had a great amount of space and were done brilliantly, plus they were available in multiplayer. That's what made them fun.

Much of your IV support includes friend and dating features - features that were constantly bashed as being "annoying" and "pointless". Now people are complaining that they are missing?

">hates things from IV

/thread

You're definitely right, but I'm not one of those people. I f*cking loved friend activities and dating. Never turned one down whenever I received a call (unless I was on the other side of the damn map).

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Oh yeah! I remember that interior. It was cool, although you could only go into the lobby, and if you went from the top, you could go into one room and 2 floors. Still not necessarily 'fun'

Nothing can surpass the amount of fun I had throwing cocktail molotovs at the sliding doors, in the 2 enterable hospitals, and watching the cops burn to death because the doors would take too long to open. Good times.  :lol:

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:23 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 18 November 2013 - 02:24 AM.

Lol, no

Great place for cover from the police. You could have an amazing shootout in any of the interiors. They all had a great amount of space and were done brilliantly, plus they were available in multiplayer. That's what made them fun.

">hates things from IV

/thread

You're definitely right, but I'm not one of those people. I f*cking loved friend activities and dating. Never turned one down whenever I received a call (unless I was on the other side of the damn map).

Depends on where you are. The apartment interiors were literally just a straight-up staircase to the roof with no enterable doors in the hallways. The hospital was okay for shootouts, but still not amazing. Majestic had the windows the cops could shoot you through, and as a result, they never went into the god damn place.

ThroatSlasher2: Oh, absolutely! Except I used sticky bombs more than anything. I just got bored after a while  :cry:

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

Some people have always clamored for interiors, right up until you ask them 'why?'... then they shut up.

I've never been one who made a big deal out of interiors, but isn't it pretty obvious why?

They are excellent places to fight the cops.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

I don't actually understand the whole interiors argument, outside of missions, interiors are pointless. Nothing to do in them. 

But what I will say is I'm actually pretty convinced the interiors in V are more plentiful than IV. The army base interior is great, and the whole tunnel system you have in LS is amazing as well, I discovered a great little section the other day, fun for racing bikes through. 

But other than that, I need a story and an objective to put me through an interior. 

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

Lol, no

">hates things from IV

/thread

I agree. I also quite enjoyed the friend/dating features.

However, that doesn't change the fact that there was a large, loud majority who bitched and whined about this feature, along with "wahh!!! why's there no planes!!! wahh!!! no car customisation wahh!!!".

You'd think with R* getting rid of one "unpopular" element, while re-implementing more popular elements, would shut these f*ckers up. But no. the f*cking curse of the GTA series - ala SA fanboys - continue the dummy spitting.

• KingKock likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

I don't actually understand the whole interiors argument, outside of missions, interiors are pointless. Nothing to do in them. 

But what I will say is I'm actually pretty convinced the interiors in V are more plentiful than IV. The army base interior is great, and the whole tunnel system you have in LS is amazing as well, I discovered a great little section the other day, fun for racing bikes through. 

But other than that, I need a story and an objective to put me through an interior. 

Some of the best shootouts I've ever had in GTA IV were when I was inside a Burgershot and going on massacre then shooting every cop who tried to come in.

Not every interior has to be ultra exiciting just like a lot in real life. Do you sometimes refuse to enter a building because it's not "fun"?

The gaming worlds R* have made this generation are much closer to their real life counterparts.

What's the point if the whole city feels like a movie set than an interactive world?
  • NinjaWJ, lazy., UltraGizmo64 and 2 others like this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

This was more balanced than I expected. I will note that since you've included elements from the IV episodes, V has still got a chance to improve with any future dlc.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

This was more balanced than I expected. I will note that since you've included elements from the IV episodes, V has still got a chance to improve with any future dlc.

True, true. I actually expect GTA V to look godly in comparison to GTA IV after all of its DLC is released. Especially with the potential that the North Yankton map has.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

Nothing can surpass the amount of fun I had throwing cocktail molotovs at the sliding doors, in the 2 enterable hospitals, and watching the cops burn to death because the doors would take too long to open. Good times.  :lol:

That hospital was just great for shootouts.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

------ GRAND THEFT AUTO IV --------      ------GRAND THEFT AUTO V------

- Infinite Vigilante Missions                        - 4 Bail Bonds Missions

- Little Jacob's Drug Deals                        - Beverly's Celebrity Chasing

- Roman's Taxi Fares                                - Downtown Taxi Co. Missions

- Steve's Imports                                        - Epsilon vehicle requests

- Fight Club                                                - Yoga

- Bowling                                                    - Tennis

- Phone booth Assassinations                   - Lester's Assassinations

- Brucie's sports races                               - Hao's Street races

- Bike Races w/ Baseball Bats                   - Seashark Races

- Infinite Gang Wars                                   - Weed Farm Random Event

- Watch TV (unavailable Online)               - Watch TV (available in Online)

- Air Hockey                                              - Flying school

- None                                                       - Upgradable Attributes

- Cabaret + Comedy Clubs                       - Watch Movies

- Explore Internet via PC                          - Explore Internet via PC or pone

- Darts                                                      - Darts

- Golf                                                        - Golf (improved)

- Good Triathlons                                     - Lame Triathlons

- None                                                      - Property Missions

- Collectibles                                            - Collectibles 

- Use of Alcohol                                       - Usage of Marijuana & Alcohol

- Swimming                                             - Swimming and Diving + Submarine

- Parachuting                                          - Parachuting

- Drug Wars                                            - McKenzie Air Hangar

- Booty Calls                                           - Booty Calls

- Dating                                                   - None

- Dancing                                                - None

- 2 Strip Clubs                                         - 1 Strip Club

- Nightclubs                                            - None

- Card Game                                           - None

- Arm Wrestling                                       - Arm Wrestling (Online Only)

- Police Arresting Criminals                    - Police Murdering Criminals

- Friend Benefits                                     - None

- Fun Interiors                                         - Like...4 interiors...

- None                                                     - Off-Road Races

- Helicopters                                           - Helicopters, Planes, Jets

- NOOSE Tank                                       - Real Tank

- Explosive Rounds (1 weapon)             - Weapon Attachments

- 4 Safehouses (Niko)                            - One safehouse (each)

- Enterable Restaurants                         - Store hold-ups

Personally I say they're nearly even, GTA IV wins by a little. But if you factor in Chop, GTA V wins by a landslide (sarcasm)

In IV, one of those four safehouses was burnt to the ground, so there are actually 3. And technically, Franklin has both his aunt's house and his mansion in Vinewood.

While there aren't many interiors in V, there were even less in IV.

There were not infinite vigilante or gang war missions in IV. Both were limited.

Other than that, I agree on everything.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

@Zebra: I didn't count Franklin's aunt house because once he moves out, it is impossible to use it again. I was counting safehouses you can use at the same time. And I did factor in the burned apartment. You must remember

First - Burned

Second (in Bohan) [1]

2 in Algonquin (if the player kills Playboy X) [3]

And then one in Alderney [4]

GTA V has corner stores and such. Other than that, there are no interiors. It has 3 different corner stores with a bunch of them around the map, then Trevor's "office". Strip Club and Ammunation stores as well... GTA IV had way more interiors, especially if you count the irrelevant interiors it included.

I meant Infinite Drug Wars... But Vigilante Missions were unlimited. You do know that I am referring to the "Most Wanted" police side-missions, right?

bobo081093
  • bobo081093

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by bobo081093, 18 November 2013 - 03:35 AM.

This doesn't take into account GTAO and misses out on other elements of V:

• Bigger Map and enhanced gameplay opportunities as a result
  • Occassional gang shootouts eg. Grove Street
  • Car customisation
  • Ability to buy property
  • Ability to buy cars/planes/helis/boats
  • Hunting
  • Better strangers and freaks gameplay
  • Huffing Gas
  • Toe Truck Missions
  • etc.

Also this thread attempts to compare both IV and ELFC to V perhaps OP should be updated if and when V SP dlc drops..

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

Your bit on the gang shootouts is untrue. Don't even get me started with that. I can make another topic going on and on about that sh*t...

I added Hunting to the list

Everything else on your list is part of the insignificant things that you really can't compare to GTA IV. The game is over 4 years old (factoring in TL&D and TBoGT). If GTA V didn't have those things, then it would be an even bigger problem. I'm not comparing them to see which is better. I'm comparing them to show what's missing, more so on the things I feel that really shouldn't be missing.

• thatstupidbug likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

Well it's pretty much a given we'll see more weapons and such since there are spaces on the Ammunation shelf, but R* did say they weren't going to make SP content on the magnitude of EFLC again. I think most of it will be GTAO stuff and things such as weapons, vehicles, clothing etc for SP with the possibility of extra missions, but nothing as intricate and complex as what was in EFLC.

Even with all of its DLC (GTA V that is) GTA IV/EFLC will still be more than a match as far as I'm concerned.

Tilemaxx
  • Tilemaxx

POV City Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

Shoot a Ballas member in Groove Street and a whole army of thugs will come after you. You see the radar filling with hostile red dots surrounding you. A nice feature, reminiscent of gang wars in SA.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:22 AM Edited by brootalperry, 18 November 2013 - 04:23 AM.

This doesn't take into account GTAO and misses out on other elements of V:

• Bigger Map and enhanced gameplay opportunities as a result
  • Occassional gang shootouts eg. Grove Street
  • Car customisation
  • Ability to buy property
  • Ability to buy cars/planes/helis/boats
  • Hunting
  • Better strangers and freaks gameplay
  • Huffing Gas
  • Toe Truck Missions
  • etc.

Also this thread attempts to compare both IV and ELFC to V perhaps OP should be updated if and when V SP dlc drops..

http://www.shacknews...c-in-the-future

DLC they release will be smaller DLC like weapons, clothes, cars (maybe), and little things like that in packs. 

In other words, like Max Payne 3.

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:36 AM Edited by Baramos, 18 November 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Yes, the only thing that is important is the sheer magnitude of things to do, not how much fun they are or how creative or how revolutionary or how quality they are.

You know why they took bowling out? BECAUSE IT SUCKED

Also you are counting things like Air Hockey that they put in in the DLC, they weren't in the original GTA IV game. So you are being unfair even on your count.

EDIT: Also Trevor has two safehouses so you aren't even accurate in that, either.

Plus you can literally save anywhere if you are in a car and you will be in the car in that spot when you load back up. True, if you save outside of the car you end up back at your safehouse, but again, this is far superior to GTA IV.

Just in basic gameplay GTA V is better than GTA IV, and I LOVED GTA IV. But the aiming controls, driving, everything in this game is ten times better.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

Other than your blind, biased opinion there was really no reason at all to leave bowling out. It didn't do any harm. I'm more annoyed at the fact they added darts, but not pool considering there's a pool table right next to it in the bar.

• DeafMetal, lazy. and UltraGizmo64 like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

Yes, the only thing that is important is the sheer magnitude of things to do, not how much fun they are or how creative or how revolutionary or how quality they are.

Also you are counting things like Air Hockey that they put in in the DLC, they weren't in the original GTA IV game. So you are being unfair even on your count.

EDIT: Also Trevor has two safehouses so you aren't even accurate in that, either.

Plus you can literally save anywhere if you are in a car and you will be in the car in that spot when you load back up. True, if you save outside of the car you end up back at your safehouse, but again, this is far superior to GTA IV.

Just in basic gameplay GTA V is better than GTA IV, and I LOVED GTA IV. But the aiming controls, driving, everything in this game is ten times better.

I guess you've never experience quick save/load before. This is a feature that has been on PC gaming for at least a decade.

Yeah in GTA IV you can't quick save in a car and load right where you were, but in the PC version the trainer allowed the user to save anywhere and anytime. Pretty convenient for when I'm far from a safehouse and I don't feel like driving back.

Most of your post is biased, subjective, and quite immature. 

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:28 AM

But if you factor in Chop, GTA V wins by a landslide (sarcasm)

Chop deserves a medal trying to make both ends meet!

Rockstar should confirm a DLC in his honor 

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:33 AM Edited by gtarules_95, 18 November 2013 - 05:35 AM.

So Bowling sucked but f*cking Yoga is great??? wtf is wrong with this fanboys

btw great list OP I don't think you forgot anything

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users