Photo

Football Manager 2014

12 replies to this topic
jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

Who plays FM? This year it seems to be kinda bugged, maybe they'll fix it. What's your recent career and what success have you had so far in this game?

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

Full backs are awful, so too is the GK distribution. Other than that, I enjoy it. There are some cool small features that are on there which make it feel better. 

I started a save with Everton got to the end of August then stopped because of how poor the ME is. Went back to 13 for a bit. I'll play it sporadically until it has been patched. 

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:02 AM Edited by jln22, 18 November 2013 - 05:03 AM.

Yeah but I think the defence in particular is poor, no matter how you play them or how good are the players. Hope they release a patch asap and not via Steam.
  • 727gta likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

On my first save still, managing my home team Sao Paulo FC. Came up with a 4-4-1-1 formation that has been quite successful, dominating most games creating double to triple the amount of shots of the other team. Still manage to lose some games 1-0, 30 shots vs 4, due to the match engine being stupid. My strikers are completely useless, missing 1 on 1s 80% of the time, and with most of their shots hitting the opposition players, or my own, or the post. It's insane, I've had games where my team hit the post 6 times. Not to mention super keepers.

And yeah, defending, at least on your side, is poor. The opposition seems to walk around any defender with ease, with shots on target no matter the position, while my team is dispossessed at the slightest touch and shooting always poorly. Still managed to win most things we contested for, but can't wait for a patch.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by Flynny, 21 November 2013 - 07:30 PM.

I'm still on 2011, felt no need to go up

on season 11, won 10 premier leagues, 10 fa cups, 9 league cups, 10 champions leagues, 10 club world cups, the 2014 fifa world cup with Belgium, the 2016 European cup with England, 2018 world cup with england and the 2020 European Championship with a degraded Spain side (not many of the old names by that point).

Current first team

GK - De Gea

RB - Rafael

CB - Jones

CB - juan*

LB - Marrone*

CM - Mouassa Sissoko

RM - Hazard

LM - Messi (getting on now)

Att Mid - Pjanic

ST - Chicharito (socres a sh*t-tonne, like 50 a season)

ST - Ruben*

* = those players created by the game as time goes on the Juan guy scores a sh*t-tonne from corners

have a bunch of young players in the super-subs as well

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by jln22, 26 November 2013 - 10:41 PM.

On my first save still, managing my home team Sao Paulo FC. Came up with a 4-4-1-1 formation that has been quite successful, dominating most games creating double to triple the amount of shots of the other team. Still manage to lose some games 1-0, 30 shots vs 4, due to the match engine being stupid. My strikers are completely useless, missing 1 on 1s 80% of the time, and with most of their shots hitting the opposition players, or my own, or the post. It's insane, I've had games where my team hit the post 6 times. Not to mention super keepers.

And yeah, defending, at least on your side, is poor. The opposition seems to walk around any defender with ease, with shots on target no matter the position, while my team is dispossessed at the slightest touch and shooting always poorly. Still managed to win most things we contested for, but can't wait for a patch.

The patch is badly needed because I am tired of loading up that f*cking game, starting with Leeds, buying good players and failing miserably at the bottom of the table. And I have no idea what other tactic to create, I have tried them all but nothing. Everytime they show a key event in the match, if it's the opposition, I know I will conceed a goal. But if it's me, my strikers will definitely hit the keeper in 1 on 1 chances.

Thing is that now I've started losing against sh*te League Two teams in cups or friendies, this is pathetic.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Still on 2010 myself. I've really enjoyed it and have seen absolutely no reason to buy newer editions, especially as people keep updating current-day squads even for FM10. It'll probably stay that way until it gets removed from my cold, dead fingertips.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Still on 2010 myself. I've really enjoyed it and have seen absolutely no reason to buy newer editions, especially as people keep updating current-day squads even for FM10. It'll probably stay that way until it gets removed from my cold, dead fingertips.

or until an edition comes with a significant new feature or something

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:04 AM Edited by Tchuck, 27 November 2013 - 01:04 AM.

The patch is badly needed because I am tired of loading up that f*cking game, starting with Leeds, buying good players and failing miserably at the bottom of the table. And I have no idea what other tactic to create, I have tried them all but nothing. Everytime they show a key event in the match, if it's the opposition, I know I will conceed a goal. But if it's me, my strikers will definitely hit the keeper in 1 on 1 chances.

Thing is that now I've started losing against sh*te League Two teams in cups or friendies, this is pathetic.

Yep, I know exactly how you feel. Most of my goals are scored on corners by defenders/midfielders, or from open play by my midfielders. It's sad when your multi-million dollar striker scores 1 goal every 5 games, losing a ridiculous amount of chances on the way.

I'm used to dominating games with over 70% ball possession, 20-30 shots, and scrape a 1-0 victory, but it's completely ridiculous.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

And I've heard the new update doesn't really fix it all.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Wee, they've released a new patch.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Another one? Do they finally address stupid number of post hits?

Before the previous patch, I was dominating with a 4-1-2-3. After the previous patch, that became completely and utterly useless, still dominated most matches and created most chances, but would lose on a random 1-0 goal. But managed to get a nice 4-4-1-1 going, which was nice. Now, I'm wary of patching.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

Lol, losing 1-0 would be such a common thing to all the FM14 players. As the patch was released few weeks ago, I can tell you the game is more playable now, they have fixed some bugs, but there are definitely more things to work on for the next update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users