Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you buy L.A.Noire 2 if R* decided to make it?

36 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

Just as the topic says would you buy a L.A Norie 2? What do you think the chances are if it being made since "Team Bondi" is no longer around?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

This is the hook.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

I would buy it even if it was made by Team Bondi, the first one was great.
  • lol232, TaviColen123, Revenge of the Donut and 1 other like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:26 AM

I doubt we'll see another LA Noire though I believe a Noire type game was being made then the company went under.. it took place in Shanghai (the game) but I believe another developer finally bought the rights to it.

But yes, I'd buy an LA Noire 2 in a heartbeat. The first was great, story wise, interactions.. though the driving and free roam was boring to say the least.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:36 AM Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx, 18 November 2013 - 02:36 AM.

Same. Although the Homicide case did drag on far too long.

Saint.
  • Saint.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

I probably will,though I did feel like some of the cases in l.a noire were kind of repetitive :/

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

Defiantly. LA Norie is one of my favourite games. Just felt a little disappointed  with the ending though. 

• Los Santos Police Department likes this

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

I'd buy the sequel even if it wasn't developed by Rockstar, which already seems unlikely.

I doubt there'll be a sequel (or prequel) to L.A. Noire though, and I doubt that if there was, it would be better than the first. L.A. Noire was a phenomenal game. I don't even think many games will live up to the game's standards in terms of gameplay and storyline, at least for a long while.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

LA Noire is a great game, so of course I'll buy the sequel. Story is excellent and interesting, and the cases/investigations etc are fun. But I have to agree with GunWrath, the driving and free roaming was too boring...

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

Chief of the LSPD

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

L.A Noire was an amazing game, but the ending could have been better...

I would buy LA Noire 2 if R* (hell, even team bondi, if they are still around :lol:) made it.

With the next gen technology, they should also be able to add in the bunco and burglary desks in as well.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

I never even bothered to finish the first one so no.

Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Fuel injected suicide machine

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Yes, yes and hell yes!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

If it was made by Rockstar?

I don't know man, their writing has been pretty mediocre and the entire game is about dialogues and the storyline.

I would probably buy it because I really liked L.A. Noire and the unique gameplay it has.

Tyler
  • Tyler

time is a flat circle

• Unknown

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Take the mechanics of L.A. Noire and get the writers of the X-Files. That would be a game to get, right there.

• F4L? likes this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

Amen to that.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

Absolutely. There were some real flaws with the first game but I still loved it.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:23 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 18 November 2013 - 02:24 PM.

It got a bit repetitive for my taste. Maybe if they changed the era I would.

Wasn't Team Bondi working in some LA Noire alike game called Whore of the Orient, set in China during the 1930s?

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by Werebot85, 18 November 2013 - 02:54 PM.

It got a bit repetitive for my taste. Maybe if they changed the era I would.

Wasn't Team Bondi working in some LA Noire alike game called Whore of the Orient, set in China during the 1930s?

Yes. Team Bondi was sold to Kennedy Miller Mitchell and I believe they are still working on the game, to be released in 2015... (I may be wrong)

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:50 PM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 18 November 2013 - 03:57 PM.

If it was made by Rockstar?

I don't know man, their writing has been pretty mediocre and the entire game is about dialogues and the storyline.

I would probably buy it because I really liked L.A. Noire and the unique gameplay it has.

you know the  Dialogue writer of The Original L.A Noire was also the Dialogue writer of Gta IV Gta V And Max Payne 3  Right? (Rupert Humphries) 

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Without a doubt.. Awesome game!

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

Defiantly. LA Norie is one of my favourite games. Just felt a little disappointed  with the ending though. 

I totally agree.I totally wanted to see Cole become Chef or watch comander or something

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

R* got the rights to L.A. Noire; we'll see another game under the "Noire" trademark for sure.

I'd like to have one set in New York.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

I doubt we'll see another LA Noire though I believe a Noire type game was being made then the company went under.. it took place in Shanghai (the game) but I believe another developer finally bought the rights to it.

But yes, I'd buy an LA Noire 2 in a heartbeat. The first was great, story wise, interactions.. though the driving and free roam was boring to say the least.

Actually what happened with Team Bondi after they had been closed is this : 

* They joined a team called KMM Games , where they began developing a game called "Whore of the Orient" with the publisher being Warner Bros. and was announced in late 2011 

* Warner Bros. had then made a fully website for the game mentioning details about it (in 2012)

* The game was gonna be released in 2015

* Warner Bros. didn't continue the project funding and canceled the game in their terms

* KMM having bad financial resources then they went under

* KMM was given 200k dollars by the Australian Government

* A leaked gameplay footage had been spotted (2013)

Victor_Mangano
  • Victor_Mangano

Capo of the Mangano Crime Family

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

No. Though the game was a technical marvel and the story was pretty good, the gameplay was boring for me.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:22 PM Edited by Chukkles, 22 November 2013 - 09:24 PM.

If they could make it more GTA like RDR I think it could be awesome with the right heads behind it.

It'd be like interactive GTA cutscenes and then an awesome world to explore with more activities.

The thing is R* always make criminal protagonists.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

North Koreer

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

Chukkles, on 22 Nov 2013 - 11:22 PM, said:

If they could make it more GTA like RDR I think it could be awesome with the right heads behind it.

It'd be like interactive GTA cutscenes and then an awesome world to explore with more activities.

The thing is R* always make criminal protagonists.

Max Payne ? Even though he kill lots of people he is not really a criminal in fact he was a cop in the past .

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

No, the first game was far too repetitive with little no gameplay to keep me intrigued, the story was a massive cliché and the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. 

When I first played LA Noire I thought it was beautiful, but after my second day of play I found myself ejecting the disc from my machine and not putting it back in for over a year and a half. I just never felt that there was enough in the game to force me to play it, nothing to keep me going, just the same goals, same side missions that I the player had no influence or effect on whatsoever.

Not only that, but I found the shooting sections in the game rather ridiculous and it only really served to harm the game in the long run as there was to little action to satisfy the adrenaline junkie in me, and too much of it to keep invested in the story as gunning down forty to fifty gang members per case seemed absolutely ridiculous.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:00 PM

No, the first game was far too repetitive with little no gameplay to keep me intrigued, the story was a massive cliché and the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. 

When I first played LA Noire I thought it was beautiful, but after my second day of play I found myself ejecting the disc from my machine and not putting it back in for over a year and a half. I just never felt that there was enough in the game to force me to play it, nothing to keep me going, just the same goals, same side missions that I the player had no influence or effect on whatsoever.

Not only that, but I found the shooting sections in the game rather ridiculous and it only really served to harm the game in the long run as there was to little action to satisfy the adrenaline junkie in me, and too much of it to keep invested in the story as gunning down forty to fifty gang members per case seemed absolutely ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this, LA Noire started out an incredible game, but quickly staled into what seemed like endless repetition, and the ending, Don't get me started.

alex3
  • alex3

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

I've always imagined a modern day LA Noire, with a proper city and a much more gritty feel.

Mabye something like the movie Se7en.

• Tashan likes this

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

No. I haven't finished the first one and most likely never will.
It just was not for me.

KubilayLP
  • KubilayLP

Youtuber

• Members

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Definitely yes!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users