Photo

Nobody is happy. Everybody's angry.

35 replies to this topic
Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

Not everybody, but there's always at least one person that is.
This game was supposed to bring people together. Sure, 90% of it is about killing each other, but there was supposed to be something more - like heists. That was the main reason to even buy helicopters and other pegasus vehicles, wasn't it? So you could be a driver, a gunner, somebody else if required...

Anyway, since heists do not exist (don't give me the heist definition, I am talking about bank robbing), there isn't much to do.

All I see is people getting angry.

It's either my enemy that gets angry for dying too much, or another guy that gets killed by the guy near me, or I get angry because I get shot (yet again) by a stranger while I drive near him and use my horn to indicate peaceful intentions...

The point is, people just get angry. There's no fun. There's always at least one person that isn't enjoying themselves during a battle.
It's all a pile of frustrating bullsh*t, and a vicious circle. I come towards somebody with good intentions, no weapons drawn, I get shot. Then I get angry and I chase them to the end of the world to kill them about 10-20 times, then they get angry and start sending stupid texts and call people cheaters...

Not to mention the voice chat. Somebody has a non american accent? He's going to get ripped to shreds.
Somebody has a young voice? Another pile of insults.
Somebody died too much? More insults and raging.

• Cool Story Bro likes this

bensons
  • bensons

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

Raaaaaaage!

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:33 AM Edited by marco-polo, 18 November 2013 - 01:34 AM.

Meh, makes people feel cool when they can yell and curse.

Mute them and be done with it.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:34 AM Edited by saintsrow, 18 November 2013 - 01:36 AM.

GTA0:  It's a beautiful world :colgate:

I agree with you OP.  GTA0 and similar multiplayer games seem to create the perfect storm for anonymous insulting and raging.  Cooperation and friendship is an exception.  Communication is difficult. Human nature rubbed raw.  :bored:

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

Meh, makes people feel cool when they can yell and curse.

Mute them and be done with it.

Voice chat insults don't bother me, but I am just saying that this whole system in game is flawed beyond reason.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:36 AM Edited by Suppa K, 18 November 2013 - 01:38 AM.

Most people are just f*cking boring in this game. I might as well be playing single player, at least then the peds will talk to me. Seriously though I am so tired to talking to myself in missions, I've started to become accustomed to doing them solo.

I think the player base just needs to be thinned a little more, but the real problem is..

Auto Aim.

God I never actually thought people would use Auto Aim in any Rockstar game since SA. Every Rockstar game since IV and beyond has had awesome aiming, it's great and so much fun. I mean imagine playing a single player FPS with lock on where you just tap a button and switch to a target immediately, how fun would that be? I don't see why its's different here.

Either way, as long as the servers are split up it's going to cause problems.. And Free Aim is apparently not the cool server where all the cool people do fun stuff.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

im  happy. I would just like a agressive passive mode where i cannot die from players shooting me., The next best thing is watching people on the tv but i would like to be up close and personal, on a bike, laughing at people. Would like some more missions as wel.

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

The only way I see a lot of problems being fixed is having a Friendly Fire Off mode. 

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Voice chat insults don't bother me, but I am just saying that this whole system in game is flawed beyond reason.

I hear ya, it's a breeding ground for hatred, even if you hit someone's car you're immediately targeted.

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

rage.png

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by SAUL_SILVER, 18 November 2013 - 01:50 AM.

Most people are just f*cking boring in this game. I might as well be playing single player, at least then the peds will talk to me. Seriously though I am so tired to talking to myself in missions, I've started to become accustomed to doing them solo.

This is one of the most annoying things to me, if i don't have any friends on and try and put chat to everyone and meet new people there is always one with music/tv belting out or heavy breathing forcing you to mute everyone and like you say may as well be SP.

Feck even half my crew leave a session if you try and talk to them. :blink:

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by M6 dRMG, 18 November 2013 - 01:55 AM.

I have NEVER heard anyone speak on a mic ingame on Xbox, part of the reason I never bother putting mine on.. 

Everyone is either in parties or probably doing the same as me lol, does plugging your mic in put you in lobbies with active mics? Could be that.. but I've seriously only ever heard 1 guy speak in GTAO. Should mention that this was a guy that sent me a message telling me to 'stop hiding' when I spawned into the session in my apartment and had a bounty from last time I played.. lol

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

This game was supposed to bring people together. Sure, 90% of it is about killing each other, but there was supposed to be something more - like heists. That was the main reason to even buy helicopters and other pegasus vehicles, wasn't it? So you could be a driver, a gunner, somebody else if required...

Anyway, since heists do not exist (don't give me the heist definition, I am talking about bank robbing), there isn't much to do.

It's either my enemy that gets angry for dying too much, or another guy that gets killed by the guy near me, or I get angry because I get shot (yet again) by a stranger while I drive near him and use my horn to indicate peaceful intentions...

The point is, people just get angry. There's no fun. There's always at least one person that isn't enjoying themselves during a battle.
It's all a pile of frustrating bullsh*t, and a vicious circle. I come towards somebody with good intentions, no weapons drawn, I get shot. Then I get angry and I chase them to the end of the world to kill them about 10-20 times, then they get angry and start sending stupid texts and call people cheaters...

Not to mention the voice chat. Somebody has a non american accent? He's going to get ripped to shreds.

Welcome to the world of gaming.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

I have NEVER heard anyone speak on a mic ingame on Xbox, part of the reason I never bother putting mine on.. 

Everyone is either in parties or probably doing the same as me lol, does plugging your mic in put you in lobbies with active mics? Could be that.. but I've seriously only ever heard 1 guy speak in GTAO. Should mention that this was a guy that sent me a message telling me to 'stop hiding' when I spawned into the session in my apartment and had a bounty from last time I played.. lol

If it wasn't xbox i would say there is a very good chance that would be me  :colgate:

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

Yes. Peoples apparently love to ruin everyone's day in GTA Online.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

People... we arn't suppose to be 'happy' and having 'fun' 100% of the time. If I feel anxiety or a little bit of anger because of something that happened in the game I welcome it. It means I am into the game that much to get some emotion from it. I agree if it is doing nothing but stressing you out or making you rage.. perhaps its time to quit... But really if you get moments of discomfort.. that is good, embrace it and move on...

In the mean time.. Just smoke and have fun. 

7375.0.570.359.jpg

• GeneoN930 likes this

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:36 AM

if my level 87 is still there after cloud server issues where i watched it be deleted then i will be happy and having fun.  i raged quit for 2 days after i saw that

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

The vocal minority always seem to be angry, but I come across a fair share of decent people online.

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

wow because PS3 pub mic is constant trash/noise- mostly cracking voices practicing their ebonics they read from myspace blogs.  i should rebuy an XBOX, silence is golden.

• Dillinger83 likes this

PNPD_Captain
  • PNPD_Captain

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

I would have some rage, but seems like it's gone today lol. I mod a car like crazy today (total value of car is $82k if sold). I was trying to go into Los Santos Customs to insure it, I pass this dude I give a friendly honk. What he does? Kills me while trying to get into LSC, and blows up the car after. Kids playing GTA.... I would of start a fight but I just left and start over. 

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

Umm, I usually have a smile on my face when playing. My wife says I look like I've had a frontal. Even my toon is happy.

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:06 AM

Umm, I usually have a smile on my face when playing. My wife says I look like I've had a frontal. Even my toon is happy.

That's good. But isn't it like a person above said? Because you let it create positive emotions, it can also create negative emotions in you. You left the door open for the anger when you opened it for the happiness.

I used to be like that - I'd enjoy games no matter what and I could even get griefed for 24 hours and I'd still have a good time. No longer.
It's not just me though. When I am having a good time and we're having a nice battle, where I thought somebody was also enjoying the challenge, he sends me text messages with insults, puts bounties on me and pretty much makes it clear to me that he isn't enjoying it.
So what do I do then? Continue? Because he's following me just for revenge now, not fun. And if I kill him some more it's just going to get worse. If I don't fight him he wont get closure. But why should I give a damn?

I wish people didn't shoot each other on sight.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

It's usually the Americans that are angry, don't know why, but most international folks seem pretty happy.
  • smil0 likes this

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

ermahgerd, erto erm

Dillinger83
  • Dillinger83

boosted h22

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

It does suck really bad that it's people's main objective in the game to piss people off. Freeroam is just horrible. Any one trying to have fun and do missions can pm me for my psn on ps3.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

There's not much influence for people to get a long or have peaceful discussions. 

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:19 AM Edited by DaTwista, 18 November 2013 - 08:20 AM.

There are many decent people online, I've met a few friends and now we play in a group together. When I first started playing online, it was a hassle with people, some people had their own intentions which was fine. But now that we have a set group of 7 people, we have pretty good fun together. That's probably the only reason why I'm still playing online at the moment.

Since the release of the online version, R* has done a very very poor job in sorting out these problems. There are still stupid glitches within the game that hasn't been fixed, yet this week they already releasing a DLC. There priorities are really up there where they should be.

And then you get the idiots that are online. Specifically a guy that joined our missions yesterday. All he did was run us over with a car we couldn't even blow up. Eventually at the start of a mission we were near fort zancudo, we jacked the car and ran it into the ocean. When back in free roam, my group and I went ans spawned killed him. He was pretty upset with us considering the profanities being shouted at us through his mic. Either way, with people who want to be idiots are going to be treated as so. For those who want to enjoy a good online session, best you start making friends, there are many people who want to be in decent groups working together. You just need to find them.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

Yeah, crew/friends are the only thing really keeping me in the game.  When they're on, it's fun as hell and I can see the potential.  But even then, it's just rolling out in free roam and rollin up on other people.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

Sadly it's most of my lobbies that are almost filled with people with "non-American accents" as they're usually Europeans.

There's too much anger on console, and I think there's usually less on PC servers and this is mainly because of conversation. More people can actually communicate on PC, but on PS3/Xbox it's harder because not everyone uses mics or likes to message. The text message-like feature helped a little.

It's hard to make friends on GTAO. :(

DaTwista
  • DaTwista

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

Sadly it's most of my lobbies that are almost filled with people with "non-American accents" as they're usually Europeans.

There's too much anger on console, and I think there's usually less on PC servers and this is mainly because of conversation. More people can actually communicate on PC, but on PS3/Xbox it's harder because not everyone uses mics or likes to message. The text message-like feature helped a little.

It's hard to make friends on GTAO. :(

I actually went and bought myself a headset for my PS3 so I can communicate with people online, just for GTA:O. Which was just a waste of money because no one replies.

Even if they have mics, they don't reply or even listen to simple requests like, "Don't use a buzzard to kill the people there, you're gonna blow up the coke/meth - oh nevermind, too late."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users