Quantcast

» «
Photo

"Cheat denied". The stupidest decision ever.

15 replies to this topic
Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Look, I cheat on free roam and missions, ok? I do. I don't care if I'm ruining drama or some sh*t, I just don't care because cheats are too fun for me. Maybe not for you, but since when did you get to decide how people should play their games.

Now, if I may, cheats are basically interdimensional magical wizard powers that can make you survive anything and give you cars out of thin air. They're basically limitless.

AT LEAST THEY SHOULD BE.

But no, not here. God forbid we can have fun with cheats here. Almost any time I try to spawn a f*cking vehicle, I get "Cheat denied, not enough space". Not enough space? f*ck you! Why not just spawn it somewhere where there is space and let me be on my way? Why are what are essentially god powers so limited?

Then there's the time limit on invincibility. Now, some people would say that this adds challenge to the game, but I would counter with why the hell am I using invincibility if I want challenge? Seriously. If I wanted challenge, I would not be making it impossible for me to die. And then there's the fact that it disables itself if you do anything with a cutscene. Like just today I went through the car wash and it disables the cheat. And then there's the fact that you can't use it on missions. Again, why? People who want challenge just won't use the cheat. It's that simple.

• Sir Get A Life and jnickib like this

Halo_Override
  • Halo_Override

Dilettante

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Ever do QA?

How'd you like to have a ton of bugs every week that have to be reported and processed and investigated, only to turn out to be false alarms because a tester had invincibility on for one part of a test and forgot to turn it off?

Cheats are sometimes fun, but they aren't there for fun, they're there so that the game can be tested more efficiently. They aren't removed because every change you make to the code can have unexpected consequences, which is why we get to use them too. But they're designed the way they are for specific reasons.

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:08 AM

Look, I cheat on free roam and missions, ok? I do. I don't care if I'm ruining drama or some sh*t, I just don't care because cheats are too fun for me. Maybe not for you, but since when did you get to decide how people should play their games.

This again... 

it's because cheating ruins it for everybody else, OK?   Other people who bought the game didn't *decide* to play it with cheaters cheating them out of wins/kills/gta$/RP/time wasted not being able to play because there are cheats in the lobby. 

So really you are deciding for them how they should play their game too.   Thereby defeating your "logic".

• HakatoX likes this

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

You can't cheat online, he's talking about single player.

Erempiris
  • Erempiris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

Would you rather have a car not spawn, or have it spawn and collide with the world, blowing up in your face and killing you in the process, making you come here whining about how cheats should be denied when there isn't room to spawn them?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

It was often funny in IV spawning a boat halfway in a building or another car.

Cheats are a strange thing, but you're right op, if you want to use them fine. They block achievements, which is fair enough, and you can't use them online. Hell, R* have the "Skip mission" crap in the game for those that suck (i argue, why would you play such a game to just skip parts? for those who are not good, that's where cheats come into play).

RDR had the timed invincibility cheat but it was patched out, and was permanent, aside from cutscenes. Slapping cheats on and just causing chaos is actually quite fun - the super jump, melee explosions, invincibility, it's like a superhuman game!

Rockstar, it seems, are taking their seriousness too serious by blocking the downright pointless, challenging fun that makes games great. Just like they disabled the "faceplant" feature in GTAO - which would have led to a lot of funny moments.

Freedom to play the game the way you want, it seems, is a rare thing

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

I agree with you. Single player should be "Do what you want how you want". I like to play with cheats just because i like to cruise around on my Pegassi 801 without having to deal with cops every now and then if i accidentally hit a pedestrian.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

The time limit is just dumb.  I really don't understand some of the decisions Rockstar makes.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by McGyver55, 18 November 2013 - 07:52 PM.

Well, so far in this game the cheat system has not been a lot of fun...  so I really haven't used it much.  But the 3 or 4 times that I got stuck while exploring and decided that instead of walking 10 miles to find another car or other vehicle I'd use a cheat, I got that same stupid warning... yeah, sure it would be awkward for my car to spawn on a boulder or the edge of a cliff, but in all previous versions of GTA, that was never a problem.  It's super annoying to have to keep running in circles to figure out where exactly there IS enough room, especially when there appears to way more than enough room. 

No I agree with the OP, it is annoying, just spawn the damn thing and let me work it out... more often than not, the vehicle would end up tilted or sort of on top of another vehicle or object... In my best recollection, I've never had a vehicle explode because it spawned inside of something else... though I have had one slide down a hill. Big deal though.... when did Rockstar start working with OSHA to ensure my character's workplace safety?

I think what made the first 3D version of GTA (III) really fun was the almost total freedom and big list of cheats... the fun and freedom (mission wise) seems to be dwindling a bit.

• rjuds82 likes this

Cooney
  • Cooney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Well, so far in this game the cheat system has not been a lot of fun...  so I really haven't used it much.  But the 3 or 4 times that I got stuck while exploring and decided that instead of walking 10 miles to find another car or other vehicle I'd use a cheat, I got that same stupid warning... yeah, sure it would be awkward for my car to spawn on a boulder or the edge of a cliff, but in all previous versions of GTA, that was never a problem.  It's super annoying to have to keep running in circles to figure out where exactly there IS enough room, especially when there appears to way more than enough room. 

No I agree with the OP, it is annoying, just spawn the damn thing and let me work it out... more often than not, the vehicle would end up tilted or sort of on top of another vehicle or object... In my best recollection, I've never had a vehicle explode because it spawned inside of something else... though I have had one slide down a hill. Big deal though.... when did Rockstar start working with OSHA to ensure my character's workplace safety?

I think what made the first 3D version of GTA (III) really fun was the almost total freedom and big list of cheats... the fun and freedom (mission wise) seems to be dwindling a bit.

Vehicle cheats always work for me when I stand inside a parking lot.

iProinsias
  • iProinsias

Chen Zhen

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Ever do QA?

How'd you like to have a ton of bugs every week that have to be reported and processed and investigated, only to turn out to be false alarms because a tester had invincibility on for one part of a test and forgot to turn it off?

Cheats are sometimes fun, but they aren't there for fun, they're there so that the game can be tested more efficiently. They aren't removed because every change you make to the code can have unexpected consequences, which is why we get to use them too. But they're designed the way they are for specific reasons.

This is broken logic. You're saying cheats are there for QA, yet they SHOULD be limited? Why? Why make the testers run around looking for a place to be able to spawn a vehicle? Why limit how much invincibility the testers get? If anything, if cheats are there for QA, they should make the users of said cheats as a god.

jnickib
  • jnickib

Yolo?

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

Imma make a poll for the cheats from San Andreas to be in the GTA V update or GTA 6

Anybody else in?

triplem
  • triplem

X-Degenerate

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:52 AM

Imma make a poll for the cheats from San Andreas to be in the GTA V update or GTA 6

Anybody else in?

Nah, i gotta go trim my toe nails.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:06 AM

Now I gotta do USB mods in order to have a "proper" invincibility mode. :sneaky:

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

This again... 

it's because cheating ruins it for everybody else, OK?   Other people who bought the game didn't *decide* to play it with cheaters cheating them out of wins/kills/gta$/RP/time wasted not being able to play because there are cheats in the lobby. 

So really you are deciding for them how they should play their game too.   Thereby defeating your "logic".

I'm not talking about online, dumbass. These are the single player cheats that the programmers coded in.

agonistes06
  • agonistes06

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:11 AM

i'm astonished how easy this was for me to play through.  i am a terrible gamer, but i luuuuuurve the gta series.  my usual habit in gta was go as far as i could without cheats and if i found myself doing a mission more than like eight times, then i would cheat.  i blew through story mode with this game in no time, and no cheats.  in fact when i was finished, i looked up cheats so i could have a throwaway save file to play god in, and i find no real 'god mode.'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users