Quantcast

» «
Photo

On My Second Playthrough - And Loving This Game Even More!

53 replies to this topic
Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

It would be good if someone could do a list of all the missions that have alternate methods. "Bury The Hatchet" is one I only found out myself a few days ago, the game doesn't even prompt you to switch at any time, but that's essentially two ways of doing the mission each with their own dialogue and view into the characters. I know most Meet HERE missions do it that way to, for example, it can be up to THREE different cutscenes, for example, "Blitz Play" one for Franklin who arrives first, then the second for Michael who arrives as Franklin is waiting, they start to have a chat, and lastly third, for when Trevor arrives last and he gets out of his truck and walks over to them whilst they are talking.

• John Smith likes this

WizardsSleeve
  • WizardsSleeve

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

did you kill simeon this time around?

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by Official General, 18 November 2013 - 02:47 PM.

Official General, on 17 Nov 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Second playthrough ? Lol for me that's far away for now. I cannot even be bothered to play GTA V in free roam since I've finished the story, and I don't think I'm gonna play the story again anytime soon. 

I'm going back to have another playthrough of GTA IV as a matter of fact. 

Good for you.

Don't forget to send us all a postcard of your trip.

I'll also send you postcards from Brazil and Hong Kong, as well as Liberty City. I'm gonna be playing Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs, since I aint played them yet. GTA V can take a big backseat for now, until I see any kind of very promising-looking SP DLC. 

Does this mean we'll finally be having a much needed break from your bitching in the V section here?

giphy.gif

hallelujah.gif

NO

Your celebrations were a tad bit premature. Still here, still gonna say what you don't wanna hear  :cool:

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

so what? basically you are saying that GTA V is perfect

even the only gripe you had with the game somehow just went away

dude you are a real rockstar fanboy

the campaign is very short and that's it you can't justify this by saying ah well its very unique

I do understand some of your love for GTA V its certainly very fun sometimes but this love-everything attitude is very fanboy-isch of you and

it seems you always have the need to justify EVERY complaint about the game

there is constant bitching about GTA V here and possibly too much but you give rockstar too much credit

please stop being a rockstar asskisser

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

the campaign is very short and that's it you can't justify this by saying ah well its very unique

I do understand some of your love for GTA V its certainly very fun sometimes but this love-everything attitude is very fanboy-isch of you and

there is constant bitching about GTA V here and possibly too much but you give rockstar too much credit

Many of us including myself have said what R games we don't like but just because we like the latest GTA we get called fanboys.

• John Smith and ten-a-penny like this

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:21 PM Edited by ninjaontour, 18 November 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Second playthrough ? Lol for me that's far away for now. I cannot even be bothered to play GTA V in free roam since I've finished the story, and I don't think I'm gonna play the story again anytime soon. 

Good for you.

I'll also send you postcards from Brazil and Hong Kong, as well as Liberty City. I'm gonna be playing Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs, since I aint played them yet. GTA V can take a big backseat for now, until I see any kind of very promising-looking SP DLC. 

Both great games mate. Sleeping Dogs will be a hell of a refresher from GTAV as there is so much different about it. The focus is mainly on hand to hand combat, which is very well done in my opinion, and the driving mechanics are designed to give the impression you're in a John Woo movie. Hell of a lot of fun.

Max Payne is Max Payne, enough said on that really lol.

I hope for your sake you bought them on PC, because the graphics are stunning with the high def texture packs!

EDIT: You've just inspired me to re-install Sleeping Dogs, so thanks for that  :)

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by ninjaontour, 18 November 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Good for you.

Double post, apologies.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

Many of us including myself have said what R games we don't like but just because we like the latest GTA we get called fanboys.

no its ok that you like it

I actually like GTA V in a lot of aspects too

but to pretend that everything about the game is perfect and even try to justify every complaint people have about

it is very fanboy-like ( like niko bellic half brother does it )

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

no its ok that you like it

I actually like GTA V in a lot of aspects too

but to pretend that everything about the game is perfect and even try to justify every complaint people have about

it is very fanboy-like ( like niko bellic half brother does it )

I never said it was perfect but most of the issues are either fixing things people hated in IV or are so small that they shouldn't even matter. People hated the annoying calls from friends in IV but now they are now mad that it is isn't in the game? I actually read a comment a few weeks ago complaining because the phone calls were too clear.  Give me a break.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

It would be good if someone could do a list of all the missions that have alternate methods. "Bury The Hatchet" is one I only found out myself a few days ago, the game doesn't even prompt you to switch at any time, but that's essentially two ways of doing the mission each with their own dialogue and view into the characters. I know most Meet HERE missions do it that way to, for example, it can be up to THREE different cutscenes, for example, "Blitz Play" one for Franklin who arrives first, then the second for Michael who arrives as Franklin is waiting, they start to have a chat, and lastly third, for when Trevor arrives last and he gets out of his truck and walks over to them whilst they are talking.

Exactly. I forgot to add that to my op, but it's just another great demonstration of the work that went into this game. But this will of course go unnoticed by the braindead kids who claim this game to be a "demo"....

Did you even bother to read my post? Evidently not, otherwise you'd have observed that I said the short campaign was "one of my few gripes"; plural - meaning I still have a few other (very minor) grievances. So no, I'm not saying the game is perfect. Now no more need for the "fanboy" crap.

And yes I can justify saying the campaign is much longer than it initially appears, just done in a unique way. You know why? *directs you to my op

Does anybody else notice that most of the usual "broken game/demo game/f*ck lazy cockstar/etc" suspects have conveniently kept their distance from this thread?

Perhaps they're finding it difficult to swallow that V isn't as "half assed made" as they're trying to embarrassingly convince everyone on this troll infested forum...

• ten-a-penny likes this

DisposableUnit
  • DisposableUnit

Alcoholic brain surgeon

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

I for one enjoyed the story and just recently finished it and I'm now aiming at the 100% completion (along with messing in GTAO from time to time).
I am planning to play the story mode again so I can do the other versions of the heists and also pick up things I missed from the first playthrough, like that random encounter with Simeon. And no, I'm not a R* fanboy, I'm just a man who likes to sit down after coming home from work and being entertained by a good video game.

Good post OP, this forum needs more positive views like this, as majority of it is filled with negative crap.

• John Smith likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

I wasn't going to bother making a thread about this, but with all the rampant bitching that's still going on, the hell with it.

Anybody here who may have been following my posts the past week, will know that I'm currently making my way through the campaign for the 2nd time.....and loving every goddam f*cking second of it.

I believe having another playthrough of this game is where you truely begin to appreciate what R* have done here. First of all, there's the obvious; choosing alternative methods to tackle the heists, which in itself has made this feel like I'm playing a different, new GTA. 

But the diversity doesn't stop there. 

I've noticed that approaching the mission blips with different protags will not only mix up how the cutscenes begin, but also alter how you negotiate that misson. For example, (Spoiler) The mission where you return to North Yankton; if you start that mission as Michael, you race to the airport before a cutscene of Michael getting on the plane starts. Then it cuts to you in NY, driving to the graveyard, while hearing thoughts of a past conversation with Amanda explaining how they joined Witness Protection.

However, if you start the mission as Trevor, you race to the airfield, jump in a plane, and fly out yourself, before it cuts to you at the graveyard awaiting Michaels arrival.

I would never have known there was two ways of doing this mission were it not for playing through the game again, and makes me wonder how many other 'multiple option' missions I may have missed by not mixing up which protag to use when approaching blips.

I've made no secret about how one of my few gripes with this game, was it's short campaign. But now I'm beginning to think it might be just as long as the other games, but done in a different, very unique way this time around.

Thoughts?

tl;dr just read the thing

Completely agree bud. i also found it amazing that the dialogue beetween characters when driving to missions changes if you do missions in a different order. For example when Frankie and lamar are driving to "pick up" the Balla dude the dialogue will be different depending on whether you met Micheal yet. Other things like starting the "Marriage Counceling" mission with Frank and seeing the dude jump out the window. So much more things to see from a different perspective its simply breathtaking what R* did with this. i think when i finish my second playthrough i may just go for a third where i save before each mission and try and see all the different ways to do things. 

• John Smith likes this

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by Red XIII, 19 November 2013 - 01:51 AM.

This is why I think the game is quite short.  Even the dialogue is different depending on how you tackle the mission. Chances are you wont hear the same dialogue on your second play through.

The story is like a very small but very deep swimming pool Lol

On an unrelated note - I was shooting as mikes house while playing as T and mike sends me a text message saying "quit being a dick and stop shooting at my house".

There is no denying this game is very well thought out.

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

The game is not well thought out, it was rushed and dumbed down for GTA Online.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:55 AM

How aren't you banned yet?

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

This is why I think the game is quite short.  Even the dialogue is different depending on how you tackle the mission. Chances are you wont hear the same dialogue on your second play through.

On an unrelated note - I was shooting as mikes house while playing as T and mike sends me a text message saying "quit being a dick and stop shooting at my house".

The detail and work that has gone into this game is second to none.

Just as well it's the small minority who are calling V "unfinished/demo game/whinge whinge whinge"...otherwise we would be expecting a more dumbed down GTA next time around.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

How aren't you banned yet?

Just ignore it, and it'll finally get bored and f*ck off.

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:00 AM Edited by MrIbby, 19 November 2013 - 02:01 AM.

The detail and work that has gone into this game is second to none.

Just as well it's the small minority who are calling V "unfinished/demo game/whinge whinge whinge"...otherwise we would be expecting a more dumbed down GTA next time around.

A lot of people hated GTA IV and V is what we get.
Good job to the people who panned it.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Starting the "threes company" mission with Micheal and walking into Trevor taking a sh*t behind the dumpster.... I almost crapped my pants laughing at that one...

But anyway...yeah..the amount of work that went into this game is mindboggling. All the different cutscenes/dialogue  that you will only ever if you play the game from a diferent perspective... just unreal and completely GENIOUS!

• John Smith likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

This game just has so many layers. The deeper you dig and more you explore the more you see.

• John Smith likes this

MrIbby
  • MrIbby

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

This game just has so many layers. The deeper you dig and more you explore the more you see.

Like a pile of dogsh*t.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

Has anyone else had a recent break through when fighting the cops? Only a couple weeks ago I was struggling escaping 3 stars and 4/5 was impossible.

Now, I either escape 5 stars or die after a 15+ min chase. Like you said OP, the second play through got me way more into the game world.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

Has anyone else had a recent break through when fighting the cops? Only a couple weeks ago I was struggling escaping 3 stars and 4/5 was impossible.

Now, I either escape 5 stars or die after a 15+ min chase. Like you said OP, the second play through got me way more into the game world.

Once you actually figure it out it is fun. If you go under a bridge or a tunnel the helis can't see you anymore.

• ten-a-penny likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 19 November 2013 - 04:03 AM.

Once you actually figure it out it is fun. If you go under a bridge or a tunnel the helis can't see you anymore.

Yep. I've also jumped onto a train while on foot to escape. There's also a stunt jump that lands inside where Michael and Franklin's helipads are, etc.

There is a lot of sh*t that can go down in this game, if you are into fighting the cops. The entire map and the way vehicles/armor/guns work is designed for combat, in my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users