Quantcast

» «
Photo

On My Second Playthrough - And Loving This Game Even More!

53 replies to this topic
Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:04 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 17 November 2013 - 10:09 PM.

I wasn't going to bother making a thread about this, but with all the rampant bitching that's still going on, the hell with it.

Anybody here who may have been following my posts the past week, will know that I'm currently making my way through the campaign for the 2nd time.....and loving every goddam f*cking second of it.

I believe having another playthrough of this game is where you truely begin to appreciate what R* have done here. First of all, there's the obvious; choosing alternative methods to tackle the heists, which in itself has made this feel like I'm playing a different, new GTA. 

But the diversity doesn't stop there. 

I've noticed that approaching the mission blips with different protags will not only mix up how the cutscenes begin, but also alter how you negotiate that misson. For example, (Spoiler) The mission where you return to North Yankton; if you start that mission as Michael, you race to the airport before a cutscene of Michael getting on the plane starts. Then it cuts to you in NY, driving to the graveyard, while hearing thoughts of a past conversation with Amanda explaining how they joined Witness Protection.

However, if you start the mission as Trevor, you race to the airfield, jump in a plane, and fly out yourself, before it cuts to you at the graveyard awaiting Michaels arrival.

I would never have known there was two ways of doing this mission were it not for playing through the game again, and makes me wonder how many other 'multiple option' missions I may have missed by not mixing up which protag to use when approaching blips.

I've made no secret about how one of my few gripes with this game, was it's short campaign. But now I'm beginning to think it might be just as long as the other games, but done in a different, very unique way this time around.

Thoughts?

tl;dr just read the thing

• Vanzant, Wolfhuman, HoleInTheSky and 4 others like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

Careful, saying something good about GTA 5 will bring you insults about being a 'fanboy' and a 'Cockstar dick rider' from complete retards.

• StarFyer, theomenofficial, Lucchese and 8 others like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Thats great, just watch out for Bycicles or bert.

They'll most likely spew sh*t out of their mouths by saying how broken the game is and that this is a 60 Dollah demo disk.

• Lucchese likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Careful, saying something good about GTA 5 will bring you insults about being a 'fanboy' and a 'Cockstar dick rider' from complete retards.

No doubt, but I intend to just ignore those posts. So in essence, they'll be wasting their time. 

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

I just finished my third play through.  I did this last one so I could get more money when I was done.  Ended up with over 2 billion.  But it was so much fun doing the story again... you notice things you didn't see or hear before.  I'm gonna do the story again soon.

• Lucchese likes this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Inb4r*fanboys

• Smaher. likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

I agree. I did a second playthrough because of the heists. It was much better than the first, because I picked the lamest way to do each in my first one. Also, trying new heist members for different dialogues. I'm doing my third playthrough just to get full advantage of the Assassination Missions' outcomes and manage to get all properties.

The only decision I always repeat is choosing option C at the end. I just can't choose the other ones.
  • Lucchese likes this

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

So if I say tl; dr you guys are gonna rage right?

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

So if I say tl; dr you guys are gonna rage right?

Nope, just gonna pity you for having the attention span of a retarded gerbil.

• Lucchese likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

I agree. I did a second playthrough because of the heists. It was much better than the first, because I picked the lamest way to do each in my first one. Also, trying new heist members for different dialogues. I'm doing my third playthrough just to get full advantage of the Assassination Missions' outcomes and manage to get all properties.

The only decision I always repeat is choosing option C at the end. I just can't choose the other ones.

One thing I've also noticed, is the campaign feels much longer this time around. I didn't exactly rush through it the first time, but I seem to be picking up on things more, and generally just enjoying the experience much better - not that I didn't the first time around.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Life's a game...don't take it so seriously

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

Agreed, This game actually has alot more depth than people give it credit for. I haven't done a second playthrough yet cause i'm working on 100% (currently at 91%), but very soon I'm gonna restart from the very beginning and try all the alternate options on missions and heists. Can't wait.

• Lucchese likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:41 PM Edited by Official General, 17 November 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Second playthrough ? Lol for me that's far away for now. I cannot even be bothered to play GTA V in free roam since I've finished the story, and I don't think I'm gonna play the story again anytime soon. 

I'm going back to have another playthrough of GTA IV as a matter of fact. 

• NinjaWJ likes this

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm glad there are others who feel this way.. Although I'm yet to start my second run through, I certainly plan on it, and looking forward to it too.. Like the OP says, just switching up the characters will enable the game to feel different, and quite possibly feel a but fresh.. I'm sure I'll notice the surroundings more too, I've already started noticing places I never knew existed just by playing online.. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. Gta v has plenty to offer and should keep busy for the foreseable future.. And that's without dlc...
  • Lucchese likes this

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

No doubt, but I intend to just ignore those posts. So in essence, they'll be wasting their time.

:^:
nice topic
The way you see the game every time you play it all over again, varying
this is another one of the amazing things that Rockstar did in GTA V

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Oh, don't forget to check Simeon's random event before Mr. Phillips mission!

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Agreed, This game actually has alot more depth than people give it credit for. I haven't done a second playthrough yet cause i'm working on 100% (currently at 91%), but very soon I'm gonna restart from the very beginning and try all the alternate options on missions and heists. Can't wait.

You'll absolutely love it mate. Like myself and others have said, you pick up on things alot more, and notice the finer details that went into developing this great game.

Second playthrough ? Lol for me that's far away for now. I cannot even be bothered to play GTA V in free roam since I've finished the story, and I don't think I'm gonna play the story again anytime soon. 

Good for you.

Don't forget to send us all a postcard of your trip.

:^:
nice topic
The way you see the game every time you play it all over again, varying
this is another one of the amazing things that Rockstar did in GTA V

And it's also another amazing thing that goes unnoticed by these spoiled, unappreciative, braindead kids unfortunately.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:26 AM Edited by Official General, 18 November 2013 - 12:27 AM.

Official General, on 17 Nov 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Good for you.

I'll also send you postcards from Brazil and Hong Kong, as well as Liberty City. I'm gonna be playing Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs, since I aint played them yet. GTA V can take a big backseat for now, until I see any kind of very promising-looking SP DLC. 

• NinjaWJ and TakinThyBacon like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

I know I'm going to get butchered for saying this, but I felt the story was a bit sub-par for a modern Rockstar game. But other than that, I feel with 100% certainty that this is one of the best installments in the series. The fact that they give you a lot more freedom when it comes to missions is really what makes GTA V stand out. I mean yes IV did have decisions (which were what made that story a stand out), but the fact that you choose the approach in the heists shows how much Rockstar listened to fans about freedom.

All in all, I don't feel that V is the best in the series, however it still a masterpeice and probably doesn't deserve some of the menial criticism that it gets (I mean, why the f*ck would we need a jetpack like all these people are screaming for?).
  • NinjaWJ and ten-a-penny like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

I am still on my first playthrough because I want 100% and I always sucked hard at collectibles in GTAs. I was never crazy about them but I want the space docker. 

I agree with everything the OP says though. Every time I play I discover new things.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

I noticed that there's different ways to escape in Hood Safari. You can switch to Franklin or Trevor, and then escape with Lamar, the character you didn't switch to, or you can just go it alone. 

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:21 AM

I just completed the second play through. It was hella more fun. I was so zonked when doing it the first time you notice so much more the second time.

I finished the first time with each character having 24 million. I learnt that the aggressive way to do the heists is WAY MORE FUN and way more financially rewarding. I finished the game the second time with 40 million each and saved the Lecster missions till last, I did them, leaving each character with 1.8 billion.

A ludicrous amount of money. I bought everything I could buy in about 20 minutes, haha.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

Official General, on 17 Nov 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Good for you.

I'll also send you postcards from Brazil and Hong Kong, as well as Liberty City. I'm gonna be playing Max Payne 3 and Sleeping Dogs, since I aint played them yet. GTA V can take a big backseat for now, until I see any kind of very promising-looking SP DLC. 

Does this mean we'll finally be having a much needed break from your bitching in the V section here?

giphy.gif

hallelujah.gif

• ten-a-penny and Bonnano like this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:33 AM

I haven't done a second play though, but I will. :D

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

I'm just about to finish my 3rd save you n00bs.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

I bought the game since Sept. 17 and been playing ever since. And I'm still on my first playthrough. I haven't even played as Trevor yet...

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

I'm using my second play through to go for 100%. I agree with pretty much everyone in here...the story and experience was better the second time around.

Eventually I'll get around to a third one and so on :cool:

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:33 PM Edited by Wolfhuman, 18 November 2013 - 01:34 PM.

This game has so many details, its sad that many people don't appreciate it.

Some people just rush the story, and then saying: "wow this story is short! I hate R*ckstar, this game is so sh*tty!"

If people would to explore the many things in this game, like when you call some contacts (like amanda), during the gta then you will get some unique dialogue.

Or if you do certain things in missions, it can have unique outcomes.

Tbh, it reminded my kinda of Fallout 3.

Even tho Fallout 3 is a complete different game, but still.

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Some people just rush the story, and then saying: "wow this story is short! I hate R*ckstar, this game is so sh*tty!"

If people would to explore the many things in this game, like when you call some contacts (like amanda), during the gta then you will get some unique dialogue.

People are far too use to games just throwing everything at you, they are not used to having to actually prompt something to happen in a game. There is plenty to do, but you have to find it, that is part of the beauty of GTA for me, they do not thrust you into every single thing they created, it is simply there and if you take the time you will find it.

• Wolfhuman likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

People are far too use to games just throwing everything at you, they are not used to having to actually prompt something to happen in a game. There is plenty to do, but you have to find it, that is part of the beauty of GTA for me, they do not thrust you into every single thing they created, it is simply there and if you take the time you will find it.

Pretty much this.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:48 PM Edited by The Odyssey, 18 November 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Inb4r*fans who happen to express their positive thoughts on GTA V and are in no way sucking up to R* but I believe so just because I don't like the game

Fixed that for you.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users