Quantcast

» «
Photo

Any way to choose a lobby based on nationality?

41 replies to this topic
TomRHooper
  • TomRHooper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:07 PM Edited by TomRHooper, 17 November 2013 - 09:07 PM.

I've been experiencing a problem since I started playing online - almost everyone I come across with a mic only speaks French, with a few choice English swear words.

I'd say the players I encounter are ~60% French, 20% American, 10% English and 10% other.

First of all, I would like to know why this happens. I'm in the UK and I assume the servers I join are Europe-wide rather than just UK-specific, but why is EVERYONE I get dumped in a lobby with French? I don't speak French and they don't speak English so it makes things pretty dull for both of us, being unable to communicate with each other. I'd also love to know if there's a way to choose which countries I get put with.

I'm on PS3, by the way.

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Just curious... do French people say 'ni**er'?  I'm just wondering if French lobbies are all French except for that.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Weird coincidence, I'm usually in party chat when in free roam but I was playing a TDM out of it once and the people in the lobby were all speaking french.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

I'm playing from Canada and I hear more French from France being spoken than French from here..

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

I barely hear French, I hear more English and Spanish while I play

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:49 AM

http://www.youtube.c...KCBI&feature=kp

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

Nice contribution.
It seems like all you ever do is post a sh*tty picture or a video that explains nothing and doesn't contribute in any way.
Very useful, you are a great person. Keep them coming.

Lazysunday88
  • Lazysunday88

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

I have no idea why I get matched up with so many French players when I am playing from the United States.  Also I don't like to generalize but seriously, EVERY time I join a race lobby and hear French being spoken I know I'm going to get rammed and spun out (more than usual).  Depending on my mood I will instantly leave French racing lobbies.  I know there are lots of idiot Americans but damn are most of the French on this game colossal douchebags.

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:02 AM Edited by LeSuede, 18 November 2013 - 03:06 AM.

Nice contribution.
It seems like all you ever do is post a sh*tty picture or a video that explains nothing and doesn't contribute in any way.

As opposed to your meaningful contribution in this thread, correct ?

At least I was spreading the message of love. Also, that's a bit creepy that you know that I have posted a couple of pictures today. Stalk much ?

That being said, I get a pretty eclectic mix of nationality. Wouldn't say I came across one nationaility more than the other.

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

Most people I see are from Germany and that is totally fine to me because I am from Germany myself. Then I see people from the UK, US, France, some from Germany 2 and Schwitzerland, almost never from Spain. I barely hear people speaking.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

I hear people speaking French most of times.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

Would personally be happy in a lobby where they spoke English.  I mean, the Germans are usually able to muster up enough words to make sense, but the French accent is impervious even when speaking fluently.  It's like listening to an American imitating a Frenchman without knowing a word of French.

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

Beaners... Beaners everywhere

mister2au
  • mister2au

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

I have no idea why I get matched up with so many French players when I am playing from the United States.  Also I don't like to generalize but seriously, EVERY time I join a race lobby and hear French being spoken I know I'm going to get rammed and spun out (more than usual).  Depending on my mood I will instantly leave French racing lobbies.  I know there are lots of idiot Americans but damn are most of the French on this game colossal douchebags.

I stupidly said the same thing on the reddit forum and got called all kinds of racist for suggesting I'd prefer an OPTION of language/region specific lobbies to make the interaction more interesting (as people could understand each other) and avoid the French style of play. 

But yeah, play with French players and I know 9 times out of 10 I'll cop a bullet in the back of the head as I spawn out of a mission/DM/race/whatever - being in Australia with slightly longer lag/slower download we are always the last to respawn too :-(

• SUPERHEAVYDOODY likes this

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:09 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 18 November 2013 - 04:11 AM.

I stupidly said the same thing on the reddit forum and got called all kinds of racist for suggesting I'd prefer an OPTION of language/region specific lobbies to make the interaction more interesting (as people could understand each other) and avoid the French style of play. 

But yeah, play with French players and I know 9 times out of 10 I'll cop a bullet in the back of the head as I spawn out of a mission/DM/race/whatever - being in Australia with slightly longer lag/slower download we are always the last to respawn too :-(

People get called racists for just about everything on Reddit though.Never understood how language = race but whatever

I run into a lot of Spanish speakers, but mostly British/American kids who communicate in various yelps, screams, and whines.

Of course some of those Spanish speakers are probably American too, but you know what i mean.

• SUPERHEAVYDOODY likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

All this heat on the French? Spinning cars out? Shooting you in the back of the head? no love for Le Francais! ?

?

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

I get bored of the pre-pubescent little boys squeaking obscenities all the time, so my chat is switched to crew and friends only.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:03 AM

NIEN. No way.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

Nationality isn't a race...... Unless its GTA.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:27 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 18 November 2013 - 05:31 AM.

That's more or less the purpose of a lot of nationality-based crews. 

I'm not in the UK but maybe these guys are cool. 

http://socialclub.ro..._united_kingdom

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:00 AM

Nice contribution.

As opposed to your meaningful contribution in this thread, correct ?

At least I was spreading the message of love. Also, that's a bit creepy that you know that I have posted a couple of pictures today. Stalk much ?

That being said, I get a pretty eclectic mix of nationality. Wouldn't say I came across one nationaility more than the other.

You posted a sh*tty picture in my thread, so yes, I remember.

I usually post something that actually means something, but your useless contribution is simply stupid.
"He, he wrote about anger, so let's post a picture of anger, because I need pictures to explain things to me".
"He wrote about nationalities, lets post a youtube video with a song, so it somehow makes some kind of contribution here, I need videos to explain text to me".

And you're not the only one. Every 10th moron posts a useless picture in a thread to somehow say absolutely f*ck all about anything meaningful.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:24 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 18 November 2013 - 07:39 AM.

Weird coincidence, I'm usually in party chat when in free roam but I was playing a TDM out of it once and the people in the lobby were all speaking french.

I have the same problem, nearly all the deathmatches I join is filled with french people

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

this way is better then having the game region locked like defiance was. (couldn't play with my american or asian freinds on that one, i think they changed it so you can now choose what region you want to play in). anyone that wants to complain about this game being broken should give defiance a go.

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

that's racist

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

I would just like to understand what people are saying in chat.  I'd like to say "they're on the roof" and not hear back "hur hur yung ermerircirn hur hur hur"

PureAnis
  • PureAnis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

I never hear anybody on their microphone.

mister2au
  • mister2au

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

meh ... 

Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomicalculturalethnicgeneticgeographical, historical, linguisticreligious, or social affiliation

France has cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic and social differences from its neighbours and the rest of the world ... French is a race - just because they are white doesn't mean they aren't a race.

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

meh ... 

Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomicalculturalethnicgeneticgeographical, historical, linguisticreligious, or social affiliation

France has cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic and social differences from its neighbours and the rest of the world ... French is a race - just because they are white doesn't mean they aren't a race.

Holy mother of poorly chosen text color and hyperlinks, batman!

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

And you're not the only one. Every 10th moron posts a useless picture in a thread to somehow say absolutely f*ck all about anything meaningful.

photo-852502.jpg

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

learning new french words everyday bec of that. "soixante neuf!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users