How do you define failing in life?

42 replies to this topic
Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

Committing suicide.

So if you happen to f*ck that up, what then would you be considered?

I f*cked that up once. Jumped off a second story balcony. Landed on my feet, fell on my back, got up and walked away.

You sure that was a suicide attempt....and not just a tried and tested dance routine for that gabber sh*t you listen to?

• F4L? and universetwisters like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:47 AM

“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”  - Bob Dylan.

Pretty much this.

pokemon123
  • pokemon123

stuff

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

failing my life is pretty much what universe twister said. But in a way maybe that is a good life. no hardships, just laze around. But to me I would feel like my life was simply just a waste of life. I would not really be contributing to society at all. I guess another failure to me is not getting a good job and stuff. I am to worried about getting into a good college heh. after all i am still in middle school

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

Failing in life: giving up on achieving goals, losing all ambition, and not doing what you know makes you happy, whatever it may be.

scum.
  • scum.

I'm itchy.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

Committing suicide.

A mental patient.

Am I the only one who spotted the Fight Club reference?!

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Committing suicide.

A mental patient.

Am I the only one who spotted the Fight Club reference?!

That was a Fight Club reference? Well that just went straight over my dome...and it's one of my favourite films too.

I'll go stand in the corner now.

scum.
  • scum.

I'm itchy.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Film? No no, dear boy. I was talking about the novel. Much better, and darker.

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

wean you end up dead 

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

But would you say this is still success if what that man wants to do is go out all day stealing, lying, cheating etc? The pursuit of success is not a race towards self-satisfaction with no concern for others. 

Heh, tell that to those Gordon Gekko-wannabes on Wall Street. 

Ha, OK for some people it is. And I understand what everyone is saying in this topic that personal measures of success are all that counts, success and failure are clearly subjective.

But personally I believe that true success is something more than that and we as a society should aspire to larger goals than simply self-defined success. At the very least entirely setting your own goals allows you to alter them, but this may be used to justify your own failure to reach them. They are not objective and are therefore only as strong as an individual's willpower. 

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Is pepsi okay?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

You only fail at life when you give up.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

• F4L? likes this

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

But would you say this is still success if what that man wants to do is go out all day stealing, lying, cheating etc? The pursuit of success is not a race towards self-satisfaction with no concern for others. 

Heh, tell that to those Gordon Gekko-wannabes on Wall Street. 

To be honest, i've found screwing people over gets me to my end goals much faster than doing it with some concern of other people. I haven't figured out which makes me happier though.

I mean like if I rip some random guy off and sell him a lemon of car for $4000, would I be happier if I had sold him the car for $2000 instead and we both went away feeling happy instead of me feeling guilty?

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Well basically to succeed in life you need to be able to live. It depends what country you live in when it comes down to being able to live, since if you live in a country like England the government will support you to a certain extent, in terms of being able to claim benefit money and housing you and to give you enough means to live by, even if it is a small amount of money it's free and enough to buy food, whereas in a 3rd world country it's more dog eat dog and every man for themselves, so you'll need to do more to survive.

So if you ever get to a point where you yourself are unable to survive, and by this I mean you cannot obtain food, or somewhere warm to sleep at night when it gets cold to prevent getting ill, you are failing in my eyes because by doing this you're likely to die, and by dying you have failed.

But then you may want to set goals for yourself and not achieving these goals can cause someone to believe they've failed. Not being able to afford that expensive sports car, or own that big house, or have that beautiful wife with healthy children may be a fail to someone whereas just having a car, a house, a wife and children may be perfectly acceptable to another. Or even just being able to get by each day and live til an old age is enough to keep some people happy.

So really, you can't really 'fail' life. You just live, then you die.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

Judicandus Homo reus qua resurget

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Failiure?

MY SISTER

21 and unemployed.

Obese, denies it.

No friends.

spends all days just sitting at the computer in darkness growing paler

thinks that sh*tty japanese manga and anime things are art and devotes her "life" to that

pretends she is a serious artist, but she just draws pokemon

lives at home

no driving license

in a "lesbian" "relationship" with someone she has never met, only chatted with

unkissed

seriously though, no friends and no agenda

NONE AT ALL

jesus christ

so yeah I'm very disappointed with one of my older sisters, and so far, she's looking like someone "failing in life" :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users