That time of the year.

15 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

Is there anyone else that hates the holiday season for one reason or another ?

For me this is the worst time of year it's not really about the gift giving, or having all if the family around ( at least forme, It was about this time. 5 years ago where my life was changed forever by a devistating diagnosis,) every year seems to get harder and harder, I just feel so trapped I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired....... So how do those of you that find this time of year stressful cope?

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

I hate the build up to Christmas. Every year it seems that the build up starts earlier, especially the TV adverts. It annoys me. I started feeling like this two years ago. I can't stand Christmas. The only thing I look forward to is the Christmas Eve dinner I have because I see my mother, who nowadays I don't see much of.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

I hate Xmas and I was born on the 24th, just my luck.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

?

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

No, because I get free gifts.

Some people work 24th, 25th and the end of the year, and at least they would rest the day you hate.  :miranda: 

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

I love Christmas and the holiday season, I just hate how early it starts. Give Thanksgiving a chance.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Another Xmas hater here. Never been into that kinda stuff... (Although as a kid I did appreciate all the gifts lol)

This time of the year just annoys me tbh

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

To sum up, I wish I had the money to get far from the society till this annoying holidays are over.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

I can't understand why anyone would 'hate' Christmas aside from the repeated exposure to cheesy adverts. If you remove those then what is there to actually dislike about the idea/time etc?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Repetitive, annoying and boring family reunions, with the same jokes and comments (there's only one reunion I like with my mother's family that I just meet once or twice a year). Pretending you like things you've been giften and you don't even want. Seeing how kids have 30 gifts that 2 weeks laters will have forgotten about and, instead of playing with them, will annoy the f*ck out of you. And so on.

Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

No Sleep Till Broker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

The whole Christmas atmosphere.

Tyler
  • Tyler

JUST DO IT

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

Love the food and weather of the season. My family doesn't celebrate Christmas so I don't really experience the tree and various related goings on, but I do enjoy seeing most families look a lot happier. There's an undeniable aura to the season that makes children happy. Maybe it's the thought of free gifts and taking some time off work, and that's fine. I don't think it's shallow to feel good about getting or giving gifts. I just don't like that people feel confined to only a few choice holidays of the year to do it. But hey I'm not going to change all of culture so it's not worth getting angry about. 

One thing I understand is the despair other folks feel for their loneliness. This time of the year often sees the most suicides and attempts of, due to the harsh weather and the atmosphere I mentioned above wherein everyone feels happy... except the person who's lonely enough to commit suicide. It's an isolating feeling and that's why I can get why people who're depressed are wont to become moreso around the holidays.

OP, if I could give some words of advice to you: participate in a local food bank or homeless shelter. Do something that keeps you out and giving back to the world. The worst feeling you can have is that of isolation from others, and while the work that needs to be done in shelters and food drives is often dirty and you see a lot of the more bleak side of humanity, you still walk away feeling like you can understand yourself and the people you're helping a little better. I'm not saying that volunteering is going to cure whatever ailments you have, but it could help you get time to think outside of the usual situations you find yourself in, and you're helping out those in need while doing so.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

Love the food and weather of the season. My family doesn't celebrate Christmas so I don't really experience the tree and various related goings on, but I do enjoy seeing most families look a lot happier. There's an undeniable aura to the season that makes children happy. Maybe it's the thought of free gifts and taking some time off work, and that's fine. I don't think it's shallow to feel good about getting or giving gifts. I just don't like that people feel confined to only a few choice holidays of the year to do it. But hey I'm not going to change all of culture so it's not worth getting angry about. 

One thing I understand is the despair other folks feel for their loneliness. This time of the year often sees the most suicides and attempts of, due to the harsh weather and the atmosphere I mentioned above wherein everyone feels happy... except the person who's lonely enough to commit suicide. It's an isolating feeling and that's why I can get why people who're depressed are wont to become moreso around the holidays.

OP, if I could give some words of advice to you: participate in a local food bank or homeless shelter. Do something that keeps you out and giving back to the world. The worst feeling you can have is that of isolation from others, and while the work that needs to be done in shelters and food drives is often dirty and you see a lot of the more bleak side of humanity, you still walk away feeling like you can understand yourself and the people you're helping a little better. I'm not saying that volunteering is going to cure whatever ailments you have, but it could help you get time to think outside of the usual situations you find yourself in, and you're helping out those in need while doing so.

good idea Tyler, at the very least it will keep my mind of things that I don't care to be reminded of

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Halloween is worse for me.

Marwin
  • Marwin

I want a name when I lose.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway