What do you think about an "Undead Nightmare" like DLC story m

45 replies to this topic
vigilant743
  • vigilant743

I am a fat biker.... I am the night!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

C'mon. There's an alien in the opening mission, Michael's pot experience is an alien abduction, there's people dressed up as aliens in Vinewood Studios, and there's all those UFOs everywhere. I can totally see them having a mode where its non-canon like RDR: UD and have the three guys discover aliens in Los Santos and they take over. Dave Norton could tell them how the F.I.B. captured a bunch but now they've escaped.

It makes sense... a couple of the UFOs have F.I.B. printed on the sides.

I think it'd be cool and original if they played with the humor it could have.

And guys... it would totally make sense for them to have the JETPACK!

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

i think cockstar would fire ur lame ass

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

No you f*cking twat (excuse my language) right now gta community is pushing for free roam mp zombie experience.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:06 PM Edited by 2281, 17 November 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Lawl.

Stop looking into things so deeply. If it wasn't obvious, the aliens were basically a big f*ck you to Saints Row. Nothing more, nothing less.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Lawl.

Stop looking into things so deeply. If it wasn't obvious, the aliens were basically a big f*ck you to Saints Row. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh.

And how do you know this?

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Go play a gang attack or survival mission and pretend they are zombies.

• 2281 likes this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Go play a gang attack or survival mission and pretend they are zombies.

:lol:

This is the best solution on this issue I have seen on this forum.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

god what up with people wanting zombies on every game? *sigh*

zombies were fun years ago, now they are just an overused theme.
  • TakinThyBacon likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Zombie fad stopped about a year ago.

I still wouldn't mind a Zombie dlc.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

I love how half the people in here haven't even read the OP, they just saw the title and commented.

Shows that the average IQ of this forum is <20

• Startug likes this

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

I love how half the people in here haven't even read the OP, they just saw the title and commented.

I feel like this thread was a social experiment

DANIEL3GS
  • DANIEL3GS

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Would actually be pretty cool. With different alien species.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Only this thread? More like the whole forum.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

The forum is more of a social failure.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

I'd say it's more of a cesspool. (And I bet half the people won't even know what this is without googling it.)

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'd say it's more of a cesspool. (And I bet half the people won't even know what this is without googling it.)

You must not have been from around here son. Sit down and let me tell you a little secret. Use the f*cking search feature because this thread has been posted in some form or another about a billion f*cking times.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 17 November 2013 - 09:59 PM.

You must not have been from around here son. Sit down and let me tell you a little secret. Use the f*cking search feature because this thread has been posted in some form or another about a billion f*cking times.

I don't know what you're trying to say here?

For one, I've been here longer than you.

And another thing, we're talking about something completely different. Someone has some reading comprehension and anger management problems...

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

This thread won't end well...

aig1992
  • aig1992

I AM AiG

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

Dlc would be...lame

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

Lawl.

No, they weren't. There's way too much of it for it to be that. It's a reference to various UFO sightings and such from the southwest. It's part of the mythology of California. There's simply too much of it in the game for it to just be a joke about Saints Row IV.

There are hidden UFOs in the game if you get 100%, including at the top of Mt. Chiliad. There's a sunken UFO in the ocean. The painted sculpture park in the desert (which is based on a real life attraction in I believe New Mexico, though the one there is more a Jesus Freak thing) references UFOs too. Michael's subliminal fears are represented by aliens (whereas Trevors are by clowns).

To say it is simply a one-off joke about Saint's Row IV is dimissing the artistic vision they had behind the inclusion of all the references. It helps make the game world even more interesting and fun. Much like how the Infinity Killer is a reference to the Zodiac Killer/Manson or the Leonora Johnson case is similar to the Black Dahlia murders or the Bigfoot references (which also works as a reference ot their own mythology), it wasn't just put in there for such a minor reason. Obviously they HAVE done that before (example making fun of Driver and True Crime in past games), but those were very minor jokes. This was done with intention.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by Sasqui, 18 November 2013 - 01:55 AM.

I used to like the idea but now I'm against it. GTA just isn't right for zombies or aliens. Maybe Red Dead Redemption turned out good when Rockstar took the risk of Undead Nightmare, but Rockstar wouldn't take that risk on something as big as the GTA franchise. I can see them actually making a separate game about killing zombies or aliens before doing a zombie/alien DLC for GTA V.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

I'm actually split on this subject.

On one hand: I think an apocalyptic zombie infested Los Santos would be pretty cool. It worked quite well in RDR's dlc, so why the hell not?

On the other hand: GTA has never been about sci-fi crap (the alien sh*t in V was drug induced), so therefor it wouldn't feel right.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:06 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 18 November 2013 - 02:07 AM.

I used to like the idea but now I'm against it. GTA just isn't right for zombies or aliens. Maybe Red Dead Redemption turned out good when Rockstar took the risk of Undead Nightmare, but Rockstar wouldn't take that risk on something as big as the GTA franchise. I can see them actually making a separate game about killing zombies or aliens before doing a zombie/alien DLC for GTA V.

What risk? It's a DLC! How is there risk involved?

Unless you're talking about the risk of not making profits off of it.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:09 AM

If they do wacky DLC I hope it's ' The Simian' themed. Aliens would be ok too. Also the monkeys can apparently shoot guns.

Maybe that's why some people want Zombie DLC. They don't shoot back :cool:

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

No zombies. They have become what vampires were in 2010.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

The risk of people claiming it ruined the game/series and also not making a profit.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

The risk of people claiming it ruined the game/series and also not making a profit.

It's DLC. People claiming it ruined the series are just delusional. It's not forced. It's not required. It's optional

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

Didn't read the post. But read the tittle, would love a zombie dlc. i think gta v could be so good with zombies with the dessert highways. would be so cool.

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by Baramos, 18 November 2013 - 04:05 AM.

I don't see how it would ruin the game. You fight aliens in a hallucination when on drugs and get abducted by them while on drugs.

If you played Undead Nightmare the whole way through, it's basically pretty obvious that it was an actual NIGHTMARE, i.e., something that only happened in a dream Marston has. So why would a DLC adventure where you fought aliens in Los Santos/Blaine County in a dream (or while high on drugs) ruin the game?

Really, though, I'm hoping more for a DLC where you play as Trevor and have to stop the invasion of Killer Klowns (from Outer Space?)

On the other hand: GTA has never been about sci-fi crap (the alien sh*t in V was drug induced), so therefor it wouldn't feel right.

Red Dead wasn't anything about sci-fi, either. It's true that they might have been more willing to experiment with that franchise since it was only two games in instead of V but again, I don't think introducing a "what-if" sci-fi premise for GTA V would be impossible for us to accept (especially since within the game itself you can find UFOs and even actual ghosts).

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:10 AM

The risk is being seen as being lazy and following trends, something Rockstar has never done with the GTA series. Also the people that do not want it will be pissed that they came out with zombie or alien dlc as opposed to something else, kind of a 6 one half dozen the other situation I suppose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users