Photo

Random encounters protag-specific?

17 replies to this topic
rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

I'm still having trouble getting certain random encounters to spawn...specifically the 2 abandoned vehicles, the weed raid, and one of the cop-chasing-perp-on foot ones. The guide book states that all of these can be done using any protag, but they just won't spawn for Mikey or Frankie lol. Could it be the guide book is lying again, and only Trevor can partake in these particular events? Between what hours of the day (in-game) do the random encounters spawn? I know some are during the day and others occur at night, but I would like to know specific times, if at all possible lol. 

CChevelleSS
  • CChevelleSS

GTA all the way

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:54 AM

Maybe I've been thinking that a lot where you pick up the tied up groom I drove by there a hundred time with Trevor but I only got it to activate with Mike so I think the book is lying and it is protag specific.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

Certain events are protag specific, but not all. For example, there's one where you pick up a Lost biker, and it can be done with Franklin and presumably Michael but not Trevor.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

Maybe I've been thinking that a lot where you pick up the tied up groom I drove by there a hundred time with Trevor but I only got it to activate with Mike so I think the book is lying and it is protag specific.

I did that one as Trevor and Franklin, so it's definitely not character specific. Random events are extremely finicky. 

• CChevelleSS likes this

CChevelleSS
  • CChevelleSS

GTA all the way

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:10 AM

I did that one as Trevor and Franklin, so it's definitely not character specific. Random events are extremely finicky. 

Hmm when I do my next play through I'll see if I can get one of the other guys to do it. Maybe I was to early?  

clevertrev
  • clevertrev

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

one of the events at a farm can only be activated by trevor the first time you do it. The other thing is it can only be activated on a Tuesday.

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

one of the events at a farm can only be activated by trevor the first time you do it. The other thing is it can only be activated on a Tuesday.

If this is referring to the weed farm raid I'd like to see someone else confirm this. All I've picked up so far is that only Trevor can activate it and I've only managed to do it once and it has never respawned. This is the first I've seen that the specific day mattters. I'll have to go back and try it out but I'm still pretty sure it's only accessible to Trevor.

I also wonder if the game has to be completed to certain points before some events will unlock.

The guide book has proven to be unreliable about some random events and since one of the patches its now no longer possible to lose wanted levels by visiting LS Customs.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

If this is referring to the weed farm raid I'd like to see someone else confirm this. All I've picked up so far is that only Trevor can activate it and I've only managed to do it once and it has never respawned. This is the first I've seen that the specific day mattters. I'll have to go back and try it out but I'm still pretty sure it's only accessible to Trevor.

I also wonder if the game has to be completed to certain points before some events will unlock.

The guide book has proven to be unreliable about some random events and since one of the patches its now no longer possible to lose wanted levels by visiting LS Customs.

Are you sure LSC no longer gets rid of wanted levels? If you try modding your car or just changing the plate, it won't work...gotta respray  to lose the heat. The guide book DOES show Trevor doing the weed raid.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

You can't enter an LSC with a wanted level.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

You can, you just need to be out of the police's sight. He'll let you in and you can just .. wait it out !

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

You can, you just need to be out of the police's sight. He'll let you in and you can just .. wait it out !

I've tried several times recently. I know I was out of sight and all I got was a "lose the cops" message. It wouldn't let me in. But just in case I'm going senile I'll give it another go.

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

I guess I was wrong. You definitely can still enter an LS Customs (in this case, Beeker's Garage) while the cops are looking for you as long as they don't have line of sight.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I guess I was wrong. You definitely can still enter an LS Customs (in this case, Beeker's Garage) while the cops are looking for you as long as they don't have line of sight.

As long as the cops don't see you approaching the garage door it'll open for you regardless of your wanted level. If the cops DO see you, the garage won't open, and you get a message saying that the cops can see you, or something to that effect. I tried to enter the LSC near Mikey's garage...I'd gotten out of the line of sight of ground forces, but apparently, I didn't quite get away from the helicopter. I had 3 stars at the time, and it was broad daylight, so they didn't need the spotlight lol.

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

As long as the cops don't see you approaching the garage door it'll open for you regardless of your wanted level. If the cops DO see you, the garage won't open, and you get a message saying that the cops can see you, or something to that effect. I tried to enter the LSC near Mikey's garage...I'd gotten out of the line of sight of ground forces, but apparently, I didn't quite get away from the helicopter. I had 3 stars at the time, and it was broad daylight, so they didn't need the spotlight lol.

I'm sitting at a wanted level of one star right now and the cops don't have line of sight. The LSC which is next to Michael's garage isn't letting me in either. I'm certain Beeker's garage would let me so I think some, if not all the LSC shops except for Beeker's won't let you in.

On topic: I'm not sure that there's a specific time frame that events will occur in. I've robbed armored trucks at what seems like all hours of the day. I'm saving the guy that needs a ride to the airport and he spawns periodically day or night. The only thing I'm sure of is that they won't spawn if you're under a wanted level.

detroit_outlaw
  • detroit_outlaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Anybody having a issue where random events arent respawning at all? It seems like after you complete them once they dont respawn before I completed the game there were tons of random events now the ourse snatching 1 doesnt even happen on my file

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Rehab

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Anybody having a issue where random events arent respawning at all? It seems like after you complete them once they dont respawn before I completed the game there were tons of random events now the ourse snatching 1 doesnt even happen on my file

im having issues with the runaway bride, i failed that event and it been weeks and it simply dont respawn.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

I had that runaway bride event spawned twice.

The first time as Trevor, I took her to the Altruists.

But then another day, as Michael, I see her running out of the church again and this time I took her home.

It made me wonder if the other people I delivered to the Altruists were in fact considered as 'incomplete' encounters, and I have to find and do them all again.

rojovo74
  • rojovo74

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

I got a rude awakening last night...I was doing the one where you chase after the Lost when they kidnap the chick. They shot my car up pretty good, so I figured I'd zip into the LSC near Mikey's garage and get my car fixed in preparation for the last part of the mission when the other Lost members appear, but when I exited the garage, the girl was gone, and she was telling some of her story while entering the shop too lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users