Quantcast

» «
Photo

Alter-egos?

17 replies to this topic
3Hunt
  • 3Hunt

Evilest nigga this side of the Mississippi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:20 AM

Anyone here have any alter-egos? Any split personalities? I happen to have a white guy in me that's secretly hidden in my organs and sh*t. Comes out when I speak with old white people and white people and sh*t.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

Ever hear of thelegittrey?

Also, whenever I fill out something for school that college/army recruirters pass out and make you sign, I always put down "Edmund Fitzgerald" as my name.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

On the Sims, I am known as Nathaniel Smith and am a completely good-looking alien who has a job, a family, and a large house.

Forever_Alone.png

• D- Ice, Adler, Finn 7 five 11 and 2 others like this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

A long long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was known as Master Luke Skywalker, champion to the galaxy.

Nowadays though I spend my time at a dead-end job and arguing with trolls on the forum.

• D- Ice and Shah Sam like this

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Everyone is kind of goofing around with their answers (too many people on this forum are concerned with trying to be the king of snarky one-liners), but to answer your question seriously, no I don't have any alter-egos. I always found the idea of them kind of strange and sad, like a person isn't happy enough just being themselves and they have to pretend to be someone else.

I mean, granted, I've pretended to be someone else just for kicks and giggles, but I don't consider those people I've pretended to be as a part of me or an extension of me; just something like an act.

Every once in a while though, I'll channel a character from somewhere. The most recent one before last night was Mike Ehrmanntrout from "Breaking Bad." From the very start I liked the whole man-of-few-words, low key thing he had going on, and so I'd emulate that sometimes. Speaking slow and clear, doing what has to be done without any real complaints, that kind of thing. Hey, it probably gave me patience that I wouldn't usually have because part of his character was, as I said, doing what needed to be done. He might grunt or sigh, but whatever he had to do he would do to the utmost of his ability.

And then last night I went out with friends but I didn't really feel like going. I planned to just be sober and follow them around for the night, taking in the music and just kind of relaxing. They promoted me to DJ while we were getting ready to go out and I thought of playing the club music from Max Payne 3 because I had listened to it earlier in the day, and just like that I started channeling Max Payne and his awesome inner-monologue schtick. I freaking loved Max Payne 3 (never played the first two unfortunately), and after I finished the game, it followed me for over a month afterward. Great game. Anyway, when we ended up going to a club and it was playing some pretty awesome electro-dance music, I heard the words of Max in my head saying, "This kind of place made me want to puke. I needed a real drink to cope with the electronic music and robotic people." Haha, plain as day, even though I liked the music. I just didn't feel like going crazy. Later I got a whisky on the rocks (Tullamore Dew) and that felt even more a part of it.

But I never say that I feel like I AM those people, there are just mannerisms that I take after sometimes.

• JustOneMonth likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Everyone is kind of goofing around with their answers (too many people on this forum are concerned with trying to be the king of snarky one-liners)

And oddsock once again comes and ruins the fun.
But whatever, I'll bite.

I can't say I really have an alter ego in the dictionary sense, but if I could master that New York Italian accent, I'd probably walk around using it for fun, I've just started practising, I'm starting to get the hang of it.
This is the accent I mean, it's awesome.

• Shah Sam likes this

Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Meh

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

Everyone is kind of goofing around with their answers (too many people on this forum are concerned with trying to be the king of snarky one-liners), but to answer your question seriously, no I don't have any alter-egos. I always found the idea of them kind of strange and sad, like a person isn't happy enough just being themselves and they have to pretend to be someone else.

I mean, granted, I've pretended to be someone else just for kicks and giggles, but I don't consider those people I've pretended to be as a part of me or an extension of me; just something like an act.

Every once in a while though, I'll channel a character from somewhere. The most recent one before last night was Mike Ehrmanntrout from "Breaking Bad." From the very start I liked the whole man-of-few-words, low key thing he had going on, and so I'd emulate that sometimes. Speaking slow and clear, doing what has to be done without any real complaints, that kind of thing. Hey, it probably gave me patience that I wouldn't usually have because part of his character was, as I said, doing what needed to be done. He might grunt or sigh, but whatever he had to do he would do to the utmost of his ability.

And then last night I went out with friends but I didn't really feel like going. I planned to just be sober and follow them around for the night, taking in the music and just kind of relaxing. They promoted me to DJ while we were getting ready to go out and I thought of playing the club music from Max Payne 3 because I had listened to it earlier in the day, and just like that I started channeling Max Payne and his awesome inner-monologue schtick. I freaking loved Max Payne 3 (never played the first two unfortunately), and after I finished the game, it followed me for over a month afterward. Great game. Anyway, when we ended up going to a club and it was playing some pretty awesome electro-dance music, I heard the words of Max in my head saying, "This kind of place made me want to puke. I needed a real drink to cope with the electronic music and robotic people." Haha, plain as day, even though I liked the music. I just didn't feel like going crazy. Later I got a whisky on the rocks (Tullamore Dew) and that felt even more a part of it.

But I never say that I feel like I AM those people, there are just mannerisms that I take after sometimes.

I do this at times, certain fictional characters stick with me and I will sometimes pick up certain mannerisms from them, the feelings are already there but I'll take up certain character traits from these people to help give voice to those feelings.

TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt
  • TrevorFuqsAshleyInHerButt

General Anal

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

The people in my disrespect list call me:

Asshole

Cocksucker

Son of a bitch

etc etc

Oddsock
  • Oddsock

Fresh and strong the world we seize

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

I believe you're confusing "fun" with "lame stabs in the dark at comedy."

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

I believe you're confusing "fun" with "lame stabs in the dark at comedy."

Well Humour is subjective, and two people did like my comment so I am going to assume that they found it at least mildly amusing, and I had fun typing the comment out, I also enjoyed the previous comment before mine, perhaps it was a: "lame stab in the dark" but it's better than nothing at all.

Sure we could all hold out tongues and never say anything funny, or something we believed to be funny, but then, if everybody doubted what they were going to say, nobody would say anything funny at all, for fear that people wouldn't enjoy it, even if it turned out to be a largely appealing attempt at comedy that many would enjoy. I know some of my better jokes i've made at times have been things that I didn't think was particularly amusing, but i've said anyway and had everyone making a raucous, i'm sure everyone has experienced this.

You cannot succeed if you do not try, and you cannot try if you fear failure.

• Shah Sam likes this

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

I have a strange habit of staring myself in the mirror for a very long time. I stand there like a statue and then I see expressions. He scares the hell out of me.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

I have a strange habit of staring myself in the mirror for a very long time. I stand there like a statue and then I see expressions. He scares the hell out of me.

MXAQd2u.png

• Finn 7 five 11, OG Sunny, WildBrick142 and 1 other like this

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

You're predictable.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

It was just too easy.
  • GTA36362355 likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

That's a known illusion, since the NewScientist article is hidden behind a paywall, here's a small bit written by the professor the article reports on http://www.perceptio...rials/p6466.pdf

TL;DR it's a really common illusion, if you stare at your dimly-lit reflection for 10 minutes, it's as if you're hallucinating for how strong the distortions are. 

No, it's nothing to do with weed =P

• GTA36362355 likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

I have an alter-ego. His name is Simple Jack.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

During the day I'm just Kyle, a simple Bible seller who lives with his ill elder grandma. But at night, I'm Irina, a former soviet navy ukranian sailor who now likes to wander around truck parkings in mini skirt looking for the real love of her life.

universetvvisters
  • universetvvisters

In a few weeks or so

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

During the day I'm just Kyle, a simple Bible seller who lives with his ill elder grandma. But at night, I'm Irina, a former soviet navy ukranian sailor who now likes to wander around truck parkings in mini skirt looking for the real love of her life.

my other name is master.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users