Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cheaters ruining the game with hacked tanks.

131 replies to this topic
Volvo12345
  • Volvo12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

the police suv i can understand people glitch, becuse, if you have a police chase and take a police suv and you are in the lsc on top of the map, you can drive in like a normal car.. some maybe dont know it should not be working..

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

I haven't seen any of the modified tanks people talk about--I think that's an xbox problem--but I do think that people having insurance on tanks, buzzards, police cars, and other things that shouldn't be personal cars should be immediately addressed by rockstar.  It's ridiculous to have to pay the cost of these things (which is generally outrageous) and get points toward bad sport for destroying them.

Tanks, buzzards, lazer jets- shouldnt be allowed as personal vehicles
Space docker, franklins buffalo, police vehicles, basically anything that doesnt have working weapons on them- should be allowed as insured personal vehicles.

Franklin's buffalo?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you how many I see driving around the streets now.  It's funny how people will mod that into their game when they can just go grab one.

I do agree with you, however--to an extent.  I don't believe that police vehicles should be completely like personal vehicles.  They are too common as police vehicles where you'd still get people blowing them up not knowing they're personal vehicles and being punished for that.

franlins buffalo isnt the same. franklins car is a sports car the regular buffalo is a muscle car (im pretty sure it is anyway). and franklins car has different mods and is faster.

Don Johan
  • Don Johan

-

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Are these people you're talking about actually "ruining" the game or just altering the existing game into a new form that has been redefined by both the allowance in the game's code and the users who know how to exploit it? 

Trust me, I ain't no haxor, I'm just saying is all. My game is far from ruined. ;)

f*ck you idiot.

• Valdorien and DMC14 like this

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

I believe that cheaters are ruining the game with their glitches and hacked military vehicles. I am referring to those who have jets and tanks and buzzards in their garages as personal insured vehicles. And now its getting worse. I'm seeing level 15 players with chromed out personal tanks with turbo and 100% upgrades and green tire smoke. Yeah. Its out of control. Does anyone else agree?

Wow haven't seen that

Don Johan
  • Don Johan

-

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

Just make it your priority to f*ck them up when you see them and problem solved.

Then your priority is getting back all of the money you lost in "f*cking them up" and avoiding crazy people in bad sport servers.

Getting money is too easy in this game even legit and you dont get into bad sport that fast either. But i get your point and am on your side man, f*ckin hate modders and cheaters.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

i have a chrome tank, but i only use it when someone brings a tank to a gun fight, but i understand where you all are coming from. I can only suggest to run your cars under the tank, not much else you can do I would rather tanks be gone from the game all together but Im not sure that will happen.

hammertime99
  • hammertime99

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

LOL

I dunno what people complain about Jets?

There is clearly no one who have the skills to use  it to terrorize people

I personally use it for travelling fast only.

Solo Wing Pixy
  • Solo Wing Pixy

Aviator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:55 AM Edited by Alectfenrir, 17 November 2013 - 03:59 AM.

LOL

I dunno what people complain about Jets?

There is clearly no one who have the skills to use  it to terrorize people

I personally use it for travelling fast only.

I've seen people send hate messages to me when I use the jet, if I kill infantry or cars I often use those explosive rounds cannons. BUT I only use the jets to kill dem hackers and kids.

The method I use to kill them is quite dangerous, you can easily crash with it.

Infantry and non-military cars ---> Use explosive cannons

Military vehicles and aerial vehicles ---> missiles

Dogfights that makes it difficult to fire missiles ---> use cannons

Whenever my opponent avoids missiles, I use cannons and 99.9% of the time, I win the fight

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

I haven't seen any of the modified tanks people talk about--I think that's an xbox problem--but I do think that people having insurance on tanks, buzzards, police cars, and other things that shouldn't be personal cars should be immediately addressed by rockstar.  It's ridiculous to have to pay the cost of these things (which is generally outrageous) and get points toward bad sport for destroying them.

It happens on PS3 but I think it's more of a bad-sport thing.

Excluding my own RiotVan the only thing I've seen used on GoodSport was one insured buzzard. (Well I've seen a bunch of Space Dockers too but I'm not counting them).

Contrast with BadSport where I blew up about 8 PV Tanks and about 5 PV Jets just in the one day I played. But hey I didn't play the insurance so I don't really care.

TBH the only thing I think is really detrimental here is sticking other people with the insurance costs. The Pegasus delivery system sucks pretty bad, and IMO the advantages of having them as PVs would be balanced around the $25,000 / $18000 insurance costs compared with the $1000 Pegasus delivery (at least with glitched tanks most people who have them already paid the 1.5mil to Pegasus too). IMO getting 'illegal' vehicles into your garage is harmless fun a lot of the time, and it's in keeping with the GTA spirit (remember the tricks for getting special vehicles into your garage on GTA3?) but yes paying huge insurance costs for other people's glitched vehicles is obviously a problem.

DeadpoolX
  • DeadpoolX

Knee-Deep in The Dead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:27 AM

Space docker, franklins buffalo, police vehicles, basically anything that doesnt have working weapons on them- should be allowed as insured personal vehicles.

Franklin's buffalo?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you how many I see driving around the streets now.  It's funny how people will mod that into their game when they can just go grab one.

I do agree with you, however--to an extent.  I don't believe that police vehicles should be completely like personal vehicles.  They are too common as police vehicles where you'd still get people blowing them up not knowing they're personal vehicles and being punished for that.

The buffalos on the street arent franklins buffalo, they dont have the single brake light like franklins and they dont have as many good mods like his.
The only personal police vehicle i have is the marked crown vic, and i only take it out during car meets

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

I've got no problems with tow trucks or police cars or space dockers as PVs. They are fun to drive and me and my friends like to do our own police chases and stuff. I have an unmarked cruiser. I'm specifically talking about the OP military vehicles. Tanks in particular. And since I'm only level 82 I don't have access to the RPG or advanced sniper to take them out. Its rediculous that some level 15 noob who hasn't earned anything in this game is using a hacked tank to spawn kill others.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

Franklin's buffalo?

franlins buffalo isnt the same. franklins car is a sports car the regular buffalo is a muscle car (im pretty sure it is anyway). and franklins car has different mods and is faster.

Not Muscle, both are Sports cars, but Franklin's is a newer model with better stats and mods available.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:00 AM Edited by gpcguy1, 17 November 2013 - 06:01 AM.

Just play with friends in invite only sessions. Public games are usually filled with trolls, glitchers and modders. Playing with friends only is alot more fun than spawn killing a glitcher.

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

Holy sh*t that's hilarious!

WAAAH they have something I don't have, I'm so jealous.  I'm going to report them. 

brb, going to fight them on foot and die repeatedly for 30 mins and then come here and cry about it.

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:25 AM Edited by Seanathon, 17 November 2013 - 06:26 AM.

I have said it once, i will say it again... put a 2k bounty on that tank/buzzard user before you kill them.  Make them pay for their own mistakes.

Wow. This right here. Too bad when I'm in my PV Buzzard or Tank most people take like an hour to even blow it up, usually I let people blow me up after I get a few kills on them, to hit their bank account a little but most players are newbs and it still takes them forever to kill me even when I'm pretending I'm still fighting them but missing every shot. Lol its pathetic.

I find all the good players are glitchers themselves. Most of the players who don't glitch or complain about these things are just really bad at the game.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

Excluding my own RiotVan the only thing I've seen used on GoodSport was one insured buzzard. (Well I've seen a bunch of Space Dockers too but I'm not counting them).

Contrast with BadSport where I blew up about 8 PV Tanks and about 5 PV Jets just in the one day I played. But hey I didn't play the insurance so I don't really care.

TBH the only thing I think is really detrimental here is sticking other people with the insurance costs. The Pegasus delivery system sucks pretty bad, and IMO the advantages of having them as PVs would be balanced around the $25,000 / $18000 insurance costs compared with the $1000 Pegasus delivery (at least with glitched tanks most people who have them already paid the 1.5mil to Pegasus too). IMO getting 'illegal' vehicles into your garage is harmless fun a lot of the time, and it's in keeping with the GTA spirit (remember the tricks for getting special vehicles into your garage on GTA3?) but yes paying huge insurance costs for other people's glitched vehicles is obviously a problem.

Go f*ck yourself.
  • Valdorien likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

I have said it once, i will say it again... put a 2k bounty on that tank/buzzard user before you kill them.  Make them pay for their own mistakes.

Wow. This right here. Too bad when I'm in my PV Buzzard or Tank most people take like an hour to even blow it up, usually I let people blow me up after I get a few kills on them, to hit their bank account a little but most players are newbs and it still takes them forever to kill me even when I'm pretending I'm still fighting them but missing every shot. Lol its pathetic.

I find all the good players are glitchers themselves. Most of the players who don't glitch or complain about these things are just really bad at the game.

The skills of glitchers are irrelevant.

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

Franklin's buffalo?

The one you find online is not the same one from singleplayer and cannot be modded the same at LSC. The Franklins buffalo has more options.

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

It's cute how many people in these 2 pages a.) have at least some sort of glitched vehicle themselves, whether it's a cop car or whatever and b.) are wholeheartedly against tanks as PVs.  This broken rule ok, that broken rule bad. Hell you even have a guy up there who claims he only uses his jet to go after those nasty hackers and modders, while his own sig states he's looking for a Chrome version of a Tank, Buzzard and Jet for himself. Hypocrite much?

1. Put a bounty on it, then either blow it up yourself or drive away and watch others try. No BS warning or insurance penalty for blowing up a bounty's PV.

2. Shoot the driver from an elevated position. He can't raise the turret higher than about 25 or 30 degrees.

3. Find another session.

4. Blow it up without placing a bounty. You'll get a BS warning if it's a PV but unless you're going apesh#t blowing up PVs it won't matter in the least.

5. Call a mugger. He may get lucky and pull the guy out.

6. Drive away. If you can't avoid/outrun a tank in even the crappiest car in this game then you should probably stick to private sessions where you never have to worry about that terrible person in that terrible tank that should never have been allowed in the game because it's too terribly terrifying.

There are more. Or you could go for what seems to be the lame-option-of-choice and ram your own most expensive PV into him over and over. To put that another way, you can choose to abuse the BS system yourself in order to get rid of someone else who's abused the PV system

If R* granted you the wish of your dreams and got rid of Tanks in MP altogether then something else would take its place at the top of your list of fears. Then we'd have endless threads about how the Buzzard is OP and has to go, or the Jet, or the minigun, and eventually we'd all be running around waving broken bottles at each other. There's nothing wrong with being afraid. As a biological function it's very useful, but you don't have to let it paralyze you either.

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

I do.

SD361
  • SD361

The Professional

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

I have an insured tank in my garage. I also have an insured riot.

That said, they only ever leave my garage if some assholes are griefing me or another player. 

Earlier this week, I watched a group of 3 rolling around the map spawn killing players until they left the server. I called up my tank and started to protect the players they were griefing. 15 mins later they left the server. 

There are enough griefing fools playing the game, it's nice to have the option of busting out the big guns to respond. I hate that the vehicles have such insane insurance costs, but otherwise it's a necessary evil.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:00 AM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 17 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.

I have an insured tank in my garage. I also have an insured riot.

That said, they only ever leave my garage if some assholes are griefing me or another player. 

Earlier this week, I watched a group of 3 rolling around the map spawn killing players until they left the server. I called up my tank and started to protect the players they were griefing. 15 mins later they left the server. 

There are enough griefing fools playing the game, it's nice to have the option of busting out the big guns to respond. I hate that the vehicles have such insane insurance costs, but otherwise it's a necessary evil.

You're still a glitcher. Follower.

Do yourself a favor and remove the scum vehicles from your garage. Defend the innocent with unglitched vehicles so you're not amongst the lowest life forms playing this game.
  • Hamsterbaffle likes this

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by EliteGamer, 17 November 2013 - 03:00 PM.

Go f*ck yourself.

Please explain how someone getting Franklin's Buffalo or an FIB Buffalo "ruins" the game. Take as long as you want. Or maybe seeing a Space Docker, destroys your immersion? Fact is you SHOULD be able to put police vehicles in your garage naturally, I can't think of single good reason to forbid it. Possibly with an exception for the RiotVan because often the only way to kill a RiotVan player is by blowing them up... but the same applies to rear-shooting Entities etc (which also have massively higher insurance premiums) so I don't think this was considered as a balancing factor.

Please explain how calling in a Pegasus delivery of a Buzzard makes sense, when it is easier and faster to pick up a free one. Since Buzzards and RiotVans can be freely picked up in freeroam as a PV you're only getting convenience and introducing BadSport to the equation (but it's pretty obvious that the bad sport system needs serious reworking anyway). For Buzzards getting it delivered to you is how the Pegasus system SHOULD work (at least in free-roam), driving cross-map to a pickup where the vehicle would naturally spawn is beyond dumb. Garage-glitches are also the only way to get custom colours for your Buzzard etc, which again SHOULD be possible within the game naturally. How does it hurt anyone if a guy has green Buzzard or a pink Buzzard?

If the driver always had to pay insurance on Buzzards/Rhinos (Lazer and RiotVan have 0 cost) and BadSport was tweaked then that would eliminate the vast majority of the problems. Well you might still have some balance problems with people repeatedly calling Lazers and Rhinos too frequently but still I think 95% of the problem here is the insurance/badsport (and yeah paying $18000 or $25000 for destroying a spawn killing tank/heli is total crap, but then again so is paying $10,000 for destroying a spawnkilling Entity).

This isn't even you trying to protect a broken game anymore, this is definite "STOP HAVING FUN GUYS" territory. Garage glitches are one of the 2 remaining fun things on the game, so of course Blasterman hates them with the intensity of an exploding sun.

J@bz
  • J@bz

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:59 PM Edited by J@bz, 17 November 2013 - 03:00 PM.

oneomg there is a turbo tank??? i want!! someone please give me one!

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Franklin's buffalo?

Unless you're using the only kind of cruiser that spawns in LS online then I don't think you will have that problem. Unmarked Cruisers and things that stick out or aren't even online should be noticeable.

And the Franklins Buffalo is not the same as the normal. It has a large amount of different aesthetic mods, much more than the normal one which is why people like it so much.

But yeah the personal insured tanks and choppers are just ruining this game so fast.

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

Just wait for that ban hammer to get here. It`s a big one so you know it takes time to load it on a truck. Until then play in invite-only sessions in case you have friends with chrome tanks who think it`s funny to mess up your game. If you don`t have any friends or they don`t play GTA, then join a crew. I bet that there is a crew out there that was made just so you could play in invite-only sessions.

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:54 PM Edited by Hypertion, 17 November 2013 - 03:56 PM.

i have actually seen one tow truck online, it was fun to mess with but i saw the effect it was having on anyone who got to far from it... i stayed near him because the guy is on my friends list and i know that as long as the truck doesnt enter a low render state i have nothing to fear... i am sure i have been frozen by a tow truck at some point... but considering how much this game has been causing issues, flat out not working on a older Xbox in single player due to freezing issues and even causing problems on my new one. Freezing consoles seem par for the course with this GTA... its annoying yes but something i learned to live with long before Troll Trucking started...

honestly there is nothing wrong with the tow truck itself... just the glitch it causes and i hope in the future it gets fixed and allowed to spawn in Vanilla GTA:O like the cargobob.

as for the glitched or modded tanks... honestly the only way it affects me is that simply because people have done that stuff with a tank, i cant call pegasus and play with my 1.5m investment for fun without someone getting pissed or calling me a cheater... its actually really insulting and rather irritating....

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

report them.  if they have a chromed out insured tank, take a picture of it and your log showing that you had to pay for it.  send it in game like they ask, give the time, player name, provide the photos and they can take care of it.  they've never said they don't care, but most people don't even attempt to work the process

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

I was in my tank earlier and just sitting laughing as morons plowed their PVs into me. Get in a tank and everyone puts a target on you. It's funny watching them repeatedly destroy their PVs thinking I'm getting BS...but again...I'm not...BECAUSE YOU DONT GET BS IF YOUR TANK ISNT MOVING WHEN THE PV HITS IT.

Lukejaii
  • Lukejaii

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Played 3-4 days of gta online and I've only ever came across 1 tank in freeroam and it wasn't even insured. Came across a few buzzards that have been insured but hardly a regular occurrence or anything beyond a minor inconvenience. I think everyone should stop exaggerating and telling straight up lies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users