Quantcast

» «
Photo

IV vs V?

35 replies to this topic

Poll: IV vs V? (138 member(s) have cast votes)

IV vs V?

1. IV (47 votes [34.06%])

Percentage of vote: 34.06%

2. V (91 votes [65.94%])

Percentage of vote: 65.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:56 AM Edited by ten-a-penny, 17 November 2013 - 10:56 AM.

V for life. :cool:

in IV, driving in 1MLH on my bike can launch me miles away! fixed in V

Niko, kill that. Niko, drive here. Niko, blast there.... :sui: in V you have all the meaning of mission-playing! :cool:

in IV, HELL! the most thing I used to do in SA was wreaking havoc on the military base (area 69) WITH MY HYDRA! no planes? WHAT?  :facedesk:  in V I had all what I want. :^:

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

I can't spend hours on end riding a mountain bike in the countryside of GTA IV, because it's not there.

Seriously though, I felt the story in V is better, map is better, driving is better, mechanics are better, characters are better and it's just all around better. Except for the vehicle damage, it felt so nice crushing a car in GTA IV. Just my opinion.

If you want to crush a car in GTA V, just go to the airport, park on the runway and wait for a 747 to take off and you can turn any car into a pancake.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by Official General, 17 November 2013 - 02:54 PM.

GTA IV and GTA V are evenly matched in my view. I'd say it's ultimately a draw. 

But after some thinking and mind-changing, I now personally prefer GTA IV+Episodes over GTA V, I just thought overall it was slightly better. 

F**k it, I voted IV. 

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

This can't possibly end well...

:^: But I'll go ahead and say IV.

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

I played GTA IV in a particular moment in my life, so maybe that situation influenced my response to the game, but seriously... I just have bad memories of GTA IV. I just remember being bored a lot during the game, with just 4 or 5 memorable mission and a character that half of the time is in the background during cut-scenes (like Franlin in GTA V) and a storyline that doesn't really start until half of the game. I remember the disappointment where missions had me to go on internet or play bowling, and the insofference for a gray, dull city with lacks of unique places (most of the buildings are copies from real life or just simple houses... I'm talking about fantasy locations). And I remember the hate for niko, a false backstabber who cry and moan about his past but then kills people whenever someone ask him a favor (that's ok when some boss force him to kill, or when he kills for his own goal, but when an idiot like Brucie or manny ask him to do a dirty job he CAN refuse, if he really want to stop doing stupid things).

GTA IV was the first GTA I stopped playing for some times... I think I'll re-play it sooner or later, but for now I'll go with GTA V, a better game OVERALL

PS: I know I sound harsh, but I really hated GTA IV. I'm open to debate :D

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

I don't understand why some people think like this. When someone says IV is better than V, he doesn't always think V is crap.

I like IV over V because of the city and the atmosphere were at least 2 times better. I can't get off Liberty City. It also has unbelievably better music.

But V is still better in some ways: better graphics, better gameplay in general and better storyline in general. But because it was overhyped and because of a lot of flaws (police, bugs, glitches, music and online) it is worse than IV. Again, that's my opinion.

• Sting4S likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users