Quantcast

» «
Photo

IV vs V?

35 replies to this topic

Poll: IV vs V? (138 member(s) have cast votes)

IV vs V?

1. IV (47 votes [34.06%])

Percentage of vote: 34.06%

2. V (91 votes [65.94%])

Percentage of vote: 65.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote
RMolloy24
  • RMolloy24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

The battle of the current-gen games. Which is better?

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

This can't possibly end well...

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Both are good, but if I have to save the last copy of a game from a sinking ship that would be V.

• ten-a-penny, Jacob-B and PlasmaFLOW like this

Car Lover
  • Car Lover

Lover of Cars

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Yay, this thread again.

I wish someone would start a poll about which is better... waffles or pancakes.

pancakes

• TJGM likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

GTA VI is quite cool, but GTA XVIII is the sh*t!

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Do you even search, bro?

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

V has its ups and downs here and there- and it's not perfect...

But V has tons of more things to do than IV, I enjoy aviation so I praise R* for letting us fly the 747's, more areas to explore( I know the map isn't that big but cmon' we can do tons of more stupid s*it!). The three playable characters are fun to use as well, weapons, wide variety of vehicles, better phone, brighter setting etc.

IV is still a good game- it's just not that fun in free roam other than killing cops.

• ten-a-penny likes this

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Both are good, but if I have to save the last copy of a game from a sinking ship that would be V.

This^

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

V is better than IV, but I feel it's a technical step backwards from Red Dead Redemption.

• Mr. Sleepy likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

V definitely.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

Not even close. GTA IV is top 3 most overrated games of current gen

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Funny how 1 in every 4 people voted for IV but they haven't left any reason why.
Anyways, I would say V. The heists are crazy fun, the world is alive, there are multiple protagonists and each is cool in their own way, there's more to do, the random encounters and strangers/freaks are awesome, there are a ton of cool Easter eggs, the side characters are hilarious, and gameplay is improved from IV.
The only thing I would say IV has over V is antagonists. V's villains weren't built as well as they could have been. Both games are great, but GTA V is better.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:43 AM

Funny how 1 in every 4 people voted for IV but they haven't left any reason why.
Anyways, I would say V. The heists are crazy fun, the world is alive, there are multiple protagonists and each is cool in their own way, there's more to do, the random encounters and strangers/freaks are awesome, there are a ton of cool Easter eggs, the side characters are hilarious, and gameplay is improved from IV.
The only thing I would say IV has over V is antagonists. V's villains weren't built as well as they could have been. Both games are great, but GTA V is better.

i Will give you 3 Reasons   better Storyline  More Atmospheric City  a far more Diverse and Memorable Cast Of Characters 

On Topic The Winner is IV IMO 

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

i Will give you 3 Reasons   better Storyline  More Atmospheric City  a far more Diverse and Memorable Cast Of Characters 

On Topic The Winner is IV IMO 
Fair enough. I think V's characters were more memorable and I think V's atmosphere was better, but IV may have had a better storyline.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

GTA V-

Better gameplay

Better guns

Better characters

More enjoyable missions (Less repetitive, more variety etc.)

More side activities and missions

Very good replay ability 

GTA IV-

Better storyline (Yes, I enjoyed GTA IV's story a lot more)

Better car damage 

I loved GTA V and it's the best game i've probably played since IV but there's just something about IV that makes me want to go back to it...

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:01 AM

It's tough, but I go with IV. The main thing I disliked about it was the lack of things to do outside of the main story with the masses of money you earned. The story, atmosphere, characters and city were a lot better than V. 

Plus there was a reason to dislike the main antagonist (and it was clear to see who that was) Unlike V which had 2 that didn't do anything that made you hate them. They were just arseholes which isn't enough for me to get satisfaction from  killing  them. 

Now don't get me wrong, V is a good game which is detailed superbly. But it just left me feeling flat after completing the main story. 

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

Very tough call for me. I'd say IV because the story and atmosphere really drew me into the game. That's not a mark against GTA V, though, I love it.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

IV takes the cake here for me.
Better storyline. Better, and more atmosphereic city. Better driving and car damage. Rewards from hanging out with friends (what was even the point in V?). A wider array of characters. Longer story. Less, but a lot more fun, side missions.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

Less, but a lot more fun, side missions.

Does GTA IV really have less? Not talking about the activities such as bowling, pool, tennis etc and other activties across both games, but side missions like vigilante, most wanted, LJ's drug runs etc I think GTA IV holds up well actually.

For three protagonists GTA V is woeful in terms of crime based side missions to the point GTA IV makes it look stupid. Niko could run drugs, steal vehicles (in two different ways), be a vigilante, kill most wanted and get assassination contracts (of which there are more). Michael and Franklin are heavily neglected while Trevor gets all the good ones. I mean there's a whole story arc where Michael works as a film producer.

I don't understand why this why never explored outside of the story. He'd be excellent to work as a bodyguard for various Vinewood Stars on the side and Franklin should've had more, way more. At the start of the game he repossesses vehicles in the story. Why couldn't this have been a side mission open from the beginning? It would've been great. Don't get me wrong I like the arms dealing and bounties would be way better if they extended into LS too, but for me it's not good enough to be a significant improvement to GTA IV.

It seems the leisure activities outnumber the stuff that matters in GTA V you know crime. :/

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:17 AM

There's more IV vs V/SA vs V threads than there are Street Fighter 4 re-releases.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

GTA V for sure, simply put it has better GAMEplay and GAMEplay is the most important factor in a GAME, story whores need to get that and that story doesn't solve a games issues. I personally found GTA Vs story more entertaining and the atmosphere in GTA V better, but the story and atmosphere comes down to opinion. There are many issues in GTA IV that there is simply no excuse for, the best examples are the horrible friendship system (I don't know how anyone could think that it was a good idea) and the awful vehicle variety (there is simply NO EXCUSE for this). GTA V also had a much better mission variety and had more fun stuff to do after the main story (that's not to mention that the main story has more replay value in GTA V). IV is a good game but a terrible GTA.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

GTA V for sure, simply put it has better GAMEplay and GAMEplay is the most important factor in a GAME, story whores need to get that and that story doesn't solve a games issues. I personally found GTA Vs story more entertaining and the atmosphere in GTA V better, but the story and atmosphere comes down to opinion. There are many issues in GTA IV that there is simply no excuse for, the best examples are the horrible friendship system (I don't know how anyone could think that it was a good idea) and the awful vehicle variety (there is simply NO EXCUSE for this). GTA V also had a much better mission variety and had more fun stuff to do after the main story (that's not to mention that the main story has more replay value in GTA V). IV is a good game but a terrible GTA.

So what's GTA V's excuse for leaving out very simple yet effective gameplay mechanics such as crouching (yes this helps with aiming accuracy), being aim to turn engines on/off (useful for quick getaways), grabbing and holding onto ledges (useful for getting to vantage points where there are no ladders) and not being able to pull out weapons in interiors (because who wouldn't want to go on a minigun rampage in the strip club?) What does all this have in common? It was all in GTA IV.

GTA IV's story doesn't resolves its issues, but GTA V having a bigger map, more features etc doesn't resolve its own either. Given when both games were made this generation GTA V is far more regressive in core gameplay than GTA IV was. Infact GTA V shouldn't be excused at all for excluding anything really.

As for the horrible friendship system at least in GTA IV it had a purpose. The one in GTA V is a complete waste of space compared to GTA IV's. I liked GTA IV's for the perks rewarded. I often use the LJ's guns when I don't want to go to the gun shop, Dwayne's backup when I want to cause a bit of mayhem, Packie's bombs for a similar reason etc.

To me it was a good idea that had potential to be greatly expanded upon in GTA V except now we have something that's f*cking useless and not even worth doing.

Personally what GTA V does better to me is what's expected of a much newer game, but the fact GTA IV does actually out do it in important areas makes GTA V seem like a step forward and a step back simultaneously.

• B Dawg and Ermac. like this

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

White Shinigami

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:05 AM

PaRappa The Rapper thinks GTA V is better.

8MglNKp.gif

KICK KICK PUNCH!

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

So what's GTA V's excuse for leaving out very simple yet effective gameplay mechanics such as crouching (yes this helps with aiming accuracy), being aim to turn engines on/off (useful for quick getaways), grabbing and holding onto ledges (useful for getting to vantage points where there are no ladders) and not being able to pull out weapons in interiors (because who wouldn't want to go on a minigun rampage in the strip club?) What does all this have in common? It was all in GTA IV.

GTA IV's story doesn't resolves its issues, but GTA V having a bigger map, more features etc doesn't resolve its own either. Given when both games were made this generation GTA V is far more regressive in core gameplay than GTA IV was. Infact GTA V shouldn't be excused at all for excluding anything really.

Those issues are not really major problems though when compared to things in GTA IV:

• Crouching: Replaced with stealth so it doens't bother me.
  • Grabbing and holding onto ledges: I would have liked too see that in GTA V but I haven't come across a time when I needed it, even when just climbing around to reach higher places.
  • Pulling out weapons in interiors: Just get a wanted level and you can, a pain, I know, but you still can.

As for GTA IV, there is no excuse for some of it's issues such as the lame vehicle variety.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

As for GTA IV, there is no excuse for some of it's issues such as the lame vehicle variety.

I don't know what's wrong with GTA IV's vehicle variety? For an urban environment it's fine. There are vehicles it has that GTA V hasn't you know.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

I kinda think that GTA IV has one catch-all excuse for a lot of issues that people have with it: Rockstar was making the RAGE engine and GTA IV was the first open-world game on that engine. It's like saying "GTA III had no excuse to not have airplanes and motorcycles like San Andreas." Doesn't mean the game should be considered flawless, but it gets a lot of undeserved flak for things that it really couldn't have helped. 

• SonOfLiberty, B Dawg and Ermac. like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

I kinda think that GTA IV has one catch-all excuse for a lot of issues that people have with it: Rockstar was making the RAGE engine and GTA IV was the first open-world game on that engine. It's like saying "GTA III had no excuse to not have airplanes and motorcycles like San Andreas." Doesn't mean the game should be considered flawless, but it gets a lot of undeserved flak for things that it really couldn't have helped. 

Just like planes not being in GTA IV. I've never felt the map size was the problem, but moreso the physics. Just look at the way some people complain about the flying in GTA V in both helicopters (the consensus seems to be GTA IV is better) and planes. I can't imagine at the time planes in GTA IV would've been a good idea at all.

GTA IV's issues are mostly due to technicalities, but most of GTA V's seem to be out of laziness and/or neglect. I don't expect it to be perfect, but I did expect it would resolve more of GTA IV's issues than it did and no a big, beautiful map isn't good enough to make it all go away.

I can't stress enough that I do indeed like GTA V and have spent hours and hours playing it already, but I hope anyone who isn't a sensitive fanboy can see what I'm trying to say here.

• B Dawg likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

Speaking of the omission of crouching, why couldn't rockstar just roll crouching and stealth into one thing like they (sort of) did with San Andreas? Just make it so that moving slowly while crouching is stealthy and they're all set.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

If you're gonna post it in the V section, GTA V will win, if you're gonna post it in the IV section, GTA IV will win.

Simple.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Nobs4Lyf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

I can't spend hours on end riding a mountain bike in the countryside of GTA IV, because it's not there.

Seriously though, I felt the story in V is better, map is better, driving is better, mechanics are better, characters are better and it's just all around better. Except for the vehicle damage, it felt so nice crushing a car in GTA IV. Just my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users