The seas so boring!

41 replies to this topic
Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

DO SOMETHING SEA! God I wish it was more unforgiving! At least add some danger to it, or reduces stamina! Even lamer that there's no sharks online.

The break waves on the rocks don't do anything to a player their just cosmetic, and boats never fail at sea or take a jump too harsh. Why couldn't the sea have been the cruel mistress it really is? With currents, high swells to flip the feck out the player and at least add something intresring and challenging online!

Any fun things to do at sea?

AlmightyD
  • AlmightyD

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Waste of devolpment. 

• THEFAM_MCMJ likes this

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Waste of devolpment. 

Pretty much, they hyped the sea up to be another 'world' outside of the land portion of the map, in reality, apart from riding a sea shark, the sea is boring. The fact that there aren't even sharks in online completely kills it. 

James jones
  • James jones

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Go write the coding for everything you want and send it to rockstar.

ChromeAdder
  • ChromeAdder

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Go write the coding for everything you want and send it to rockstar.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Grand Theft AUTO

Not

Grand Theft Nautical.

• Tritium likes this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by Tritium, 16 November 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Grand Theft AUTO NotGrand Theft Nautical.

A vessel is an automobile in most all respects...
An automobile of the seas.

PS every GTA since like way way long ago has had an ocean.
  • _d3xt3r_ likes this

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Haha - I've just checked, and indeed, the theft of boats is considered as GTA.

Pah.  

:D

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

and this is the best one yet.
don't see realistic waves like this in many other games, let alone freeroam games as big as this one
  • GourangaMaster likes this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

DO SOMETHING SEA! God I wish it was more unforgiving! At least add some danger to it, or reduces stamina! Even lamer that there's no sharks online.

Then people would be mad for saying its too realistic.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

Only if there were scuba gear like they showed in the trailers.....

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by GourangaMaster, 16 November 2013 - 03:59 PM.

and this is the best one yet.
don't see realistic waves like this in many other games, let alone freeroam games as big as this one

As little as there is too actually see and do I still marvel at the level of realism R* has achieved with the water in V. I do however still think a lack of a reason to use boats is a problem that would have and could be solved by a reasonably sized catalina type island to explore. It could have expensive sea side villas to buy, a dock for some big yachts and only sea planes would be able to fly to it. R* could have placed some hidden drug plantations and created some smuggling missions to los santos to keep it actively involved with the rest of the map.

Much like simeon car delivery but this time its weed or cocaine drop offs at the LS port by either plane or speedboat. This would not only give boats a purpose outside of races but planes/helicopters as well. sh*t if R* bundled this all together in some sort of DLC i would pay for it. 

• ShanksMcShankly, mealymouthmongolian and a20characterusername like this

SuperMutantFerf
  • SuperMutantFerf

FERF

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:06 PM Edited by SuperMutantFerf, 16 November 2013 - 04:09 PM.

i was a person that was so incredibly pumped up to own a sailboat online... only to be shattered finding out the sails can't be up...

any kind of off-shore activity at this point beside sea shark races would be superb.

the first thing i said when i saw the waves is that i wish there was a surf board or windsurfing, wake boarding, parasailing... something to take advantage of arguably the best looking areas of the game.

there needs to be some kind of danger to the ocean, either by a stamina drain or with sharks... but its to boring as is.

R* has made some excellent extreme sports games in the past... if they dusted off some of the old code maybe they could work board sports into the spectrum of GTA universe.  I think people would be happy even if it wasn't super realistic or even all that good- just to add more activity to the world.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Scuba gear!!!!!!!!! Where is the scuba gear?!?!?

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

You say boring...I say peaceful.

Unless you go all the way out...like in game six miles out...then it becomes quite the chore swimming back to shore.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Also need some more underwater weapons, and not just melee ones like the 1 inch knife...
  • RAS_ZeroZ likes this

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

There will probably be boat deathmatches at some point, beyond that it's anyone's guess. Rockstar said they plan to add content to gtao for around 3-5 years so eventually those overpriced boats will have some functionality.

Banana Duck
  • Banana Duck

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

You say boring...I say peaceful.

Unless you go all the way out...like in game six miles out...then it becomes quite the chore swimming back to shore.

I had enough of tapping A during the single player triathlons! 

• Miss Malevolent likes this

niq
  • niq

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

The break waves on the rocks don't do anything to a player their just cosmetic, and boats never fail at sea or take a jump too harsh. Why couldn't the sea have been the cruel mistress it really is? With currents, high swells to flip the feck out the player and at least add something intresring and challenging online!

Any fun things to do at sea?

I agree. We have that beautiful sailboat but it's pointless to buy because the sea is boring.

Rock star should add water sports, triathlons and sea life. It would also be fun to add scuba gear so we can go diving for special crates.

Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

i wish they had hurricanes in the game that blew you around the place and altered the sea to be very rough aswell.i think that would make it a bit more interesting haha

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

I took the submarine yesterday with a crew member and we explored the whole ocean and I got to see the ufo cx but I did it most of the time with my lights off and HOLY sh*t it's f*cking scary... You can't see sh*t, it feels like one of those monsters from underwater in Star Wars 1 Is gonna swim out and grab you xD

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

I took the submarine yesterday with a crew member and we explored the whole ocean and I got to see the ufo cx but I did it most of the time with my lights off and HOLY sh*t it's f*cking scary... You can't see sh*t, it feels like one of those monsters from underwater in Star Wars 1 Is gonna swim out and grab you xD

Where is the sub online?

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Where is the sub online?
it's in the right lane (2nd lane) at the docks where the merry weather guys are at. You'll see a helicopter pad in front of the building and there will be two lanes you can go in, it'll be the 2nd one at the very end. It looks like a warehouse from the street but f you go by water you'll see the helipad.

ShanksMcShankly
  • ShanksMcShankly

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:20 PM

As little as there is too actually see and do I still marvel at the level of realism R* has achieved with the water in V. I do however still think a lack of a reason to use boats is a problem that would have and could be solved by a reasonably sized catalina type island to explore. It could have expensive sea side villas to buy, a dock for some big yachts and only sea planes would be able to fly to it. R* could have placed some hidden drug plantations and created some smuggling missions to los santos to keep it actively involved with the rest of the map.

Much like simeon car delivery but this time its weed or cocaine drop offs at the LS port by either plane or speedboat. This would not only give boats a purpose outside of races but planes/helicopters as well. sh*t if R* bundled this all together in some sort of DLC i would pay for it. 

This is by FAR the best idea I've seen come out of this forum. I really really hope someone with some clout is reading this thread and someone at R* magically gets this idea. Well played Master.

I did however have some crazy fun on the ocean last night. I was chasing a bounty with a buzzard and he ended up getting on a sea shark. I was chasing him all up the shoreline shooting rockets with no lock just trying to land the perfect hit. It was damn near impossible but I had a couple close ones but no cigar. It was even fun trying to hit him with the cannons. I ended up trying to hit him with the rotors to no avail. Luckily I was able to claim the bounty once I respawned on the beach close to him.

Other than that though, the Ocean is pretty boring. BEAUTIFUL but boring =/

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Where is the sub online?
it's in the right lane (2nd lane) at the docks where the merry weather guys are at. You'll see a helicopter pad in front of the building and there will be two lanes you can go in, it'll be the 2nd one at the very end. It looks like a warehouse from the street but f you go by water you'll see the helipad.

Prove it.

DiAL033
  • DiAL033

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

It will spawn at the Sonar Docks at Paleto Cove, the property which starts the nuclear waste side mission in SP. I don`t know whether you need a certain player rank before it spawns, though.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

PC or die'

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by Suppa K, 16 November 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Yeah I really like the ocean but there isn't a whole lot to do.

I would like to see some more ocean themed jobs or missions. They really needed more islands and such to explore, even some cool cave systems anything at all.

Prove it.

Prove it? Go see for yourself it's not like anyone trying to hide it... Why is this not believable to you?

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

I have searched google and YT and found nothing.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

The real sea is boring too, so what.

BeansNYC
  • BeansNYC

Brotherhood of Mutants

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Lets all meet up on our boats and make it interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users