Was it too hard for Rockstar to make a better purchasing/garage system

20 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

I mean seriously. Right now the system is a piece of sh*t. You can only hold 4 cars in you main garage per character, and maybe -- I say maybe because sometimes they disappear -- 2 near you character's safehouse/strip club. And if you leave a car somewhere, it'll just go to the impound and if it explodes, it's gone forever.

Planes, helicopters, boats, and tanks can be bought and basically they will always be available. If you burn them, they'll respawn. If you lose them, they'll respawn, and then have a system where you walk up to the dock/hangar/helipad and you get to switch through the vehicles.

Why couldn't we do this with the cars? Say we buy a car. It goes to our garage but when you enter your garage, it doesn't spawn, you have to press right on the D-pad for it. Same if you drive a car into the garage. And say you could own like 10 cars per character's garage. If you wanted to get rid of a vehicle you bought, you could sell it for half the price you bought it for. Seems fair? And if you lose your car, it'll respawn in the garage, if it explodes, it'll still respawn in the garage -- like with planes, tanks, boats, and helicopters.

Now ask me, would this system have been to hard to implement? It's an opportunity that I find hard to miss, but they missed it and made up some new stupid ass
"impound" system that is flawed as hell and annoying -- not too mention if your car explodes, it is done for, no matter what you did to it, even if you bought it.

Who wants this system? 10 cars per garage, the same 2 car slots near safehouses, and a respawning/selling system for your cars in your garage?

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

The best systems I've seen are in Mafia II and the Saints Row games. That's what it should've been.
  • 5.7 likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

How was Mafia II's? Never actually played that game, only the demo.

kvic
  • kvic

Grand PooBar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

It's a good game just way to short, Mafia the first one was a lot better.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Since nobody actually answered the question you implied, I will respond to you.  The system you mentioned is great, imo.  The system they have now for your garages is absolute bullsh*t, imo.  Even the hanger system of your vehicles - the position is completely f*cked up, you can't store any jumbo jets or military Titans, etc.  Earlier today, I made a thread about the Military Titan and storing it.  Seems it's a dead end for that plane...

• Scaglietti likes this

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

I loved Mafia II I played it three times last time just a few weeks ago.

I loved the garage system on there too.

Like he said it was WAY too short, The only thing I didn't like is at the very end when you lost all your money and guns and then you had to go and collect $10,000 and you couldn't save and finish later.

That took me forever to do.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

As much as I defend the game I do agree here. To me if they put the same system that they have in online in SP I would be happy. Have the ten car garage then all the safehouse, strip club parking spots and maybe a second garage. I also think there should be tracking and insurance and the mechanic in SP.

Weiss Macht Frei
  • Weiss Macht Frei

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:06 PM

Should've been like SR's garage scheme. 

Suntu Ieu
  • Suntu Ieu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Can anyone ban ban this idiot with svastikas and stuff ?  

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

Idiots that don't realize that you get storage for 17 cars in SP and 5 vehicles that you end up with permanently

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

Idiots that don't realize that you get storage for 17 cars in SP and 5 vehicles that you end up with permanently

Isn't it 20?  Trevor has his safehouse one car garage.  And his four car garage, although my four car garages for each character has FIVE cars inside, one is the Elegy RH8, secret one, I guess.  Franklin has a two car garage and so does Michael.  15+2+2+1=20.  This isn't counting Trevor's pick up, Michael's Tailgater, or Franklin's motorcyle or Buffalo.  Counting these would make a total of 24 cars in single player you can store/keep/use.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:21 PM Edited by StingrayX, 16 November 2013 - 11:21 PM.

Not going to lie, you're being a f*cking idiot. I'm getting tired of your sh*t. I find it absurd and insulting that the mods are still letting you post around the forum, knowing you're a troll.

Here's the deal:

Franklin gets a 2 car garage for his loft and 5 for his garage (Elegy is what makes it five)

Michael gets a 2 car garage for his mansion and 5 for his garage

Trevor gets an unreliable 2 car parking lot for the strip club and 5 for his garage

That is 21 (18 if you don't count the Elegy's and 16 if you don't count the unreliable parking lot). You get 4 other vehicles, of which I don't really give a damn for and you're forced to have them anyways. What I want is:

Franklin gets a 11 car garage

Michael gets a 11 car garage

Trevor gets a 11 car garage

I want all of that with the system I suggested and those 2 car slots and those cars that you're forced to have; that is 39 cars, 36 if you don't count the Elegy's, 34 if you don't count the unreliable parking lot. Do you comprehend the point I'm trying to make now, CrazyRay, or are you just going to make up another ridiculous post?

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

Not going to lie, you're being a f*cking idiot. I'm getting tired of your sh*t. I find it absurd and insulting that the mods are still letting you post around the forum, knowing you're a troll.

Waaaah! Then go find another forum to post at...

...and the garages are 4 CAR garages, genius...
Michael: 2 at home + 4 at garage
Franklin: 2 at home + 4 at garage
Trevor: 1 at home + 4 at garage

Firebirdlmm79
  • Firebirdlmm79

BADMOFO

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

I think were lucky they even gave us a garage this time around... Last GTA we only had yellow rectangles to park our cars in... 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:12 AM

Waaaah! Then go find another forum to post at...

...and the garages are 4 CAR garages, genius...
Michael: 2 at home + 4 at garage
Franklin: 2 at home + 4 at garage
Trevor: 1 at home + 4 at garage

If you would've read the post, you'd see that I said "4 if you DON'T count the Elegy", genius! And you can park 2 cars in front of Trevor's strip club.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

I'd prefer Saints Row's garage mechanic. If I wanna have 500 Pegassi Vacca of allllllllllllll the colors available in the game, then I can. Instead of picking up a car that you like, remembering that you already have reached the maximum storage available for vehicles and being forced to:

A) Leave the car you just picked up.

B) Make the hardest decision, and choose which vehicle has to go to REPLACE the new one.

Each of these choices is f*cking bullsh*t. Considering the vast amount of amazing cars you can choose in GTA V. And we're not even counting the upcoming vehicles that will be added to the game via DLC's over the coming months and years.

• Scaglietti likes this

Firebirdlmm79
  • Firebirdlmm79

BADMOFO

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

Life's a bitch and than you die

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

I agree OP, and with about 200+ vehicles it's a sh*t amount of storage for story mode. It has basically been added like how it is in SR so why not go the full hog and let you store everything that way? 

A slightly better way would be to feature the 4 chosen vehicles for instant pick-up as it is now, then press -> for the rest. 

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:47 PM Edited by bicycles?, 17 November 2013 - 08:50 PM.

Why not just a vehicle wheel, like the weapon wheel?  If they had no problem with police cars/helicopters and trains spawning/despawning, why not just allow us to pull up a menu real quick and spawn our own vehicles?

They force this "realism" bullsh*t on us whenever it's annoying or boring (buying stuff, having to wait for delivery or travel to it, storing it, losing it, paying insurance, etc) but don't even attempt to display any of the weapons you're carrying...  it's f*cking stupid, and every aspect of the game is riddled with it.

the game could've been so much more fun in so many simple ways

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

Why not just a vehicle wheel, like the weapon wheel?  If they had no problem with police cars/helicopters and trains spawning/despawning, why not just allow us to pull up a menu real quick and spawn our own vehicles?

They force this "realism" bullsh*t on us whenever it's annoying or boring (buying stuff, having to wait for delivery or travel to it, storing it, losing it, paying insurance, etc) but don't even attempt to display any of the weapons you're carrying...  it's f*cking stupid, and every aspect of the game is riddled with it.

I like how Franklin hides an RPG in his shoes...LOL

The game is far from real, imo.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

I like how Franklin hides an RPG in his shoes...LOL

The game is far from real, imo.

Well the game just contradicts itself in that department. You get to put infinite numbers of planes, helicopters and boats in your hangar, helipad and marina respectively. You just go to the dock or helipad, click right on the D-pad and then you can swift through jet skis, boats and a damn sail boat. Same thing for helicopters. So by now, you'd think they'd do the same for cars. ''Space don't matter'' Sure, you can't even have a bike rack. You gotta choose between 4 cars in your garage OR 3 cars and one bike.

+ When you crash your plane or helicopter, it respawns automatically where it should be, in your hangar or helipad. But you wreck your car or even die while driving it, then say GoodBye !! to your machine cuz its gone. IF you're lucky, it will be at the vehicle impound but for me, its a really rare instance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users