Photo

How to wait for an actor?

9 replies to this topic
reditec
  • reditec

Helpless Programmer

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:45 AM Edited by reditec, 16 November 2013 - 11:49 AM.

Hey guys! :)

First I'm sorry for my bad(?) English... It's just school - english ;D (I'm from Germany)

I want to make a mission with DYOM, in which you have to get in a car. That didn't caused any problems, but now I want Ryder (Actor) to walk to the car and sit next to me (Not drivers seet!!!). At the bottom a text should appear: "Wait for Ryder" While this time the player should be able to drive, but if he is too far away of the actor, the icon for the next checkpoint on the map should disappear and a new text should appear: "You are too far away of Ryder. Drive back."

How is that possible???

Another Question: How to give an actor two animations in one cutscene?

And: How to add an symbol on the map for a mission?

That are all my questions.^^

Please help me :)

Reditec

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

1. Not possible

2. Not possible either. However you can put a linear cutscene where the camera slightly tilts and the character changes animation. 

3. This can only be done in storylines. Watch this video for a complete guide to storylines. https://www.youtube....h?v=6h_Gw20RAzQ

• reditec likes this

reditec
  • reditec

Helpless Programmer

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

1. Not possible

2. Not possible either. However you can put a linear cutscene where the camera slightly tilts and the character changes animation. 

3. This can only be done in storylines. Watch this video for a complete guide to storylines. https://www.youtube....h?v=6h_Gw20RAzQ

Thank you! :)

Grune97
  • Grune97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

1. You may put Ryder as a neutral actor and make the routpoints to the car and than add objectives>add special objectives>Timeout - Put many seconds as should have to Ryder arrive to the car>hide time. Than hide the neutral actor and spawn actor as a friend>animation enter in nearest car>front passenger and than add the next objective which you want.

Sorry if my english is bad, but I'm sure this gonna help you

• reditec likes this

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

1)

Well... you can put the actor and put a Timeout as objective saying "Wait for Ryder" but it's impossible to make that of getting away from him.

2)

You cannot do that in one cutscene, you have to put two different cutscenes; hiding the first actor and then putting a second one (same as the first one) doing another animation.

3)

In single mission you can't... you can put icons in storylines only

• reditec likes this

reditec
  • reditec

Helpless Programmer

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thank you guys, I will try that :) Are there any differences between Storyline and single missions? :D Maybe I should do a storyline...

And how much missions I can put in a storyline? :O

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

Thank you guys, I will try that :) Are there any differences between Storyline and single missions? :D Maybe I should do a storyline...

Storyline is actually same as the original storyline - you make an introduction, then put missions in order, make monetary rewards etc., then do outro. And you can put 24 actual missions + intro + outro.

• reditec likes this

reditec
  • reditec

Helpless Programmer

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Storyline is actually same as the original storyline - you make an introduction, then put missions in order, make monetary rewards etc., then do outro. And you can put 24 actual missions + intro + outro.

Is there any way to put more missions in storyline? Maybe with coding? I also would like to remove this: "Mission designed by"  - signal (dont know the word :D -- Wikipedia English haha :D )

Maybe with coding too?

Added you in Skype, SatournFan :)

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:53 AM

Is there any way to put more missions in storyline? Maybe with coding? I also would like to remove this: "Mission designed by"  - signal (dont know the word :D -- Wikipedia English haha :D )

Maybe with coding too?

PatrickW stated that they are not going to add any new features (except maybe for small ones) since they have pretty much reached the limits of what they can do, so no, you can't put more missions. And nobody has enough rights to change the code of DYOM, so no, you can't remove the 'Mission designed by' and other pop-up windows like that one.

I was wondering who was the mysterious Felix when I turned on the PC. Thanks for mentioning it was you.

SirBowna HD
  • SirBowna HD

HD Member!

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:57 AM

Maybe with coding too?

Dutchy3010 & PatrickW have locked the DYOM. So, no one can edit it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users