Racing Tip

8 replies to this topic
PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Collector

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

Ever had a moment in racing when some cinematic of a jump occurs and when you go back to the regular camera angle, a random vehicles just happended to be in front of you and causes you to lose? In races like Downtown Underground, when there's this jump in the middle of the race that sets off a cinematic camera while in the air, a car may usually spawn out of thin air or may have been there, but you could never react to it. Well, I've found a simple technique to at least help prevent situations like this from happening. Before hitting a jump that would othervise change the camera to cinematic, simply press O (or whatever button is used to focus on a subject - the checkpoint in a race or enemy in a mission). When pressing that button, it will not allow the game from changing the camera angle/view and will most likely help you react to traffic much better. Hope this could be of some help.
  • GrndZero and cloudfuel like this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:06 PM

tried to liek this but apparently ive reached my quota of positivity for the day... shame as im a positive person. but im gonna like the crap outta this tomorrow after testing it out...

cheers dude and hope to see you online soon for some race action

RRR represent :)

• PSgtaplayer1 likes this

GrndZero
  • GrndZero

Old enough to be your dad.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

Thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't thought of doing that. If you do race Downtown Underground with Traffic On, you are almost guaranteed to run into the rear end of a car. Only way I found to stop this was to hit the jump at an angle and try to hit the oncoming traffic lane.

PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Collector

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

tried to liek this but apparently ive reached my quota of positivity for the day... shame as im a positive person. but im gonna like the crap outta this tomorrow after testing it out...

cheers dude and hope to see you online soon for some race action

RRR represent :)

There's actually a maximum number of likes for a person? I didn't know that HAHAHAHA this should work most of the time, but sometimes, lag can happen (like for me) and a car will actually spawn in front of you.

RRR represent! Whoooo! Hope to race with you and rest of the crew soon! Should be fun getting to race/play/meet you guys.

PSgtaplayer1
  • PSgtaplayer1

Collector

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't thought of doing that. If you do race Downtown Underground with Traffic On, you are almost guaranteed to run into the rear end of a car. Only way I found to stop this was to hit the jump at an angle and try to hit the oncoming traffic lane.

Glad to help, I just accidentally pressed O one race, then BOOM hehehehe. Yeah, Downtown Underground can really test a racer's temper when it comes to having cars just randomly appear out of thin air. I've also tried the trick of getting into a good angle to avoid it, but when there's an opponent gaining on to me, it becomes really difficult.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

traffic is an interesting dynamic in the game, especially factoring in random spawning... happened to me so many times that ive dodged right to avoid a car, then its totally disappeared off my screen before i get to it... with a new car spwaning right in front of me...

luckily ive never had this particular problem on downtown underground, but its something ive considered many times approaching that jump "what if a cars sat at the red lights..."

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

The ridiculous scripting in traffic is why i refuse to race with traffic on anymore. I have done downtown underground so many times that i can tell you all of the scripted issue spots.

1. First straight oncomming lanes just after the hump before the turn...the oncomming car will switch to whatever lane you are in.
2. Same turn second lane from right a car will not stop at the light but will instead pull into the intersection then stop directly in your path.
3. After that turn there will always be a car in the oncomming lane atop the hill right in the middle of the checkpoint.
4. Two cars side by side in your lanes on entering turn 2.
5. Crest the hill in a sweeping left turn 4 to find a car in your face.
6. 90 degree right turn 5 that always gives people trouble there will be a car in your left lane comming to the light seriously comprimising a smooth turn at speed.
7. Often will be a car on top of the overpass jusst before the jump right in the way.
8. As said the vehicle that sits at the light at the bottom of the jump...usually can be seen a plit second before launch but too late by then.
9. Oncomming car comming down from bridge gets right in the path headed to the tight squeeze of turns 6 and 7.
10. Hard left turn 8 inevitably has a car oncomming just as you turn.
11. Turn 9 often has a vehicle occupying the forward lane as you make the squeeze between it and the tele pole.
12. The worst one for me is the caddilac or bus they have dirrectly cross the entire road just before the tunnel. It is a race killer if you dont see it and slow down.
13. And lastly but in no way the least frustrating is at the end of the tunnel there will be a car in your lane and another in oncomming with a closing gap that you know you have to squeeze through only at the last second to have the car on your right decide to make a left turn into that parking lot. It is sooo scripted that if you manage to get there before the car gets to the driveway it will actuall turn into a concrete wall.

This stuff isnt limited to races either. Cruise at top speed on the highway headed south into the city that turns into normal roads and inevitably you will find any number of cars aiming to get in your way by any incalculabley frustrating means like a right turn through a red light from the left turn lane. Travel the curvy roads through vinewood with the high walls and there is always a car perfectly timed to be out of sight until you round the corner. This stuff isnt random.

T0lly
  • T0lly

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by T0lly, 18 November 2013 - 09:38 PM.

I like the random car spawning and erratic NPC traffic patterns. Sure it is annoying when it knocks you out a great lead, but it is what GTA is about. Grand Theft Auto from the first version is about racing through crazy traffic while living as a professional criminal.

I get bored with games once I learn the patterns. Most games are coded with patterns, especially when NPC's are involved. The GTA traffic pattern is complex and has some dynamic elements that keeps me engaged. It takes fast reflexes and quick decision making skills to make it through unscathed. When I complete a section without a scrape I feel an adrenaline rush, especially if I had a close call or two. I agree there are some spawn points that could use some work but is not a game breaker IMHO.

I am a racing game fanatic truly enjoy pure racing environment with closed circuits. I enjoy racing in GTA without traffic also. But I will gladly run some laps with it on.

So let’s go burn some rubber!

m3dic8d
  • m3dic8d

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:50 AM Edited by m3dic8d, 19 November 2013 - 05:56 AM.

I never race with traffic on. It makes you take turns at odd angles missing the apex and killing your speed, and one wreck can demolish a good lead and put in last place.

edit: I didn't mean to take away from your post at all, this is a good tip for those who do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users