Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto Inspires Crime Spree, Man Wanted to See If GTA...

15 replies to this topic
robban
  • robban

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:01 AM Edited by robban, 16 November 2013 - 09:05 AM.

We may not having any luck getting new features to the game...

And I was hoping for more drug dealing and more active gangs etc.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

^ A fiddler fiddling.

• Members
  • Japan
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:13 AM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 16 November 2013 - 09:14 AM.

As the news reporter said, "he failed to separate fantasy from reality." (Or something like that)

Zachery Burgess (the criminal) has some issues. GTA is a game, and there is a difference between games and real life! People like Zachery should realise that when playing games such as GTA. 

This will not effect the new content for GTA V, and anyway, the GTA series and R* have never been strangers to controversy.   ;)

robban
  • robban

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:01 AM Edited by robban, 16 November 2013 - 10:02 AM.

If the game would have had a functional jail that you get sent to for committing certain crimes, or respawn at the hospital/police station (GTAO) maybe the guy would have thought about it twice before going nuts:P

PreciousWall
  • PreciousWall

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:07 AM Edited by PreciousWall, 16 November 2013 - 10:07 AM.

why this kind of incident always in the USA?

maybe the US gov doing an inside job since the game is full of american satires?

but thats my imagination so nevermind

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

All I know is that now when I see a nice vehicle, I think "I should swerve, jump over the curb, come screeching to a halt, break the window and steal that one!" :colgate:

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

^ A fiddler fiddling.

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

why this kind of incident always in the USA?

maybe the US gov doing an inside job since the game is full of american satires?

but thats my imagination so nevermind

There have been incidents around the world, not just the US. Remember the taxi driver shooting in Thailand? The reason why GTA IV, and the series as a whole, is now banned there. 

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Predominately USA though, mainly because of the absolute farce that is gun control over there. Why people want to own guns so badly is something I do not understand.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

^ A fiddler fiddling.

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Predominately USA though, mainly because of the absolute farce that is gun control over there. Why people want to own guns so badly is something I do not understand.

They want to "defend themselves" AKA shoot their family, friends & neighbours :lol:

Celticfang
  • Celticfang

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:02 PM Edited by Celticfang, 16 November 2013 - 12:04 PM.

EDIT: Yep it's the same guy, I figured it was another guy.

Yep, copycat crimes happen but he hit 9 cars? Jeez the AI in real life's bad too...

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

So if GTA inspires you to go in a crime spree... what does tetris do?

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

good modern gonzo journalism

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

So if GTA inspires you to go in a crime spree... what does tetris do?

Organize stuff I suppose. :monocle:

Crazy people have been committing violent crimes  before video games.  You didn't see them banning or over regulating pet dogs after Son of Sam killed a bunch of people because his neighbors dog told him to.  

Shoot...even crazy people have killed people in the name of God.  You don't see religious texts being banned or censored.

I don't think the Colorado movie theater massacre is going to prevent or change another Batman movie production.

The list goes on...and on....

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

http://www.youtbe.co...h?v=SggP3l0HJsU

We may not having any luck getting new features to the game...

And I was hoping for more drug dealing and more active gangs etc.

I don't think it will have any effect on the content of the game. Rockstar have been sued before for other GTA-inspired crimes, and successfully defended themselves by pleading the First Amendment. They more or less have an inalienable right to put whatever crazy, violent sh*t they want in their games. 

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

I guess we can be thankful nobody was killed or anything, but that report was f*cking hilarious!

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

The idiot should've used the cop cheat.

• Lucchese likes this

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Я не говорю

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:13 PM Edited by Vlynor, 16 November 2013 - 08:14 PM.

They want to "defend themselves" AKA shoot their family, friends & neighbours :lol:

Please don't argue gun control in this topic, it's not even relevant. Especially if you're not even from/living in the country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users