Photo

will update 1.06 actually fix anything?

38 replies to this topic
Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by Legit Complainer, 16 November 2013 - 03:01 AM.

or will it be released solely for the purpose of he beach bum pack dlc?

i sure hope that itll actually fix stuff because theres still undoubtedly a ton of tweaks that the online could use, as well as single player. considering that the last 5 patches focused mostly on cloud and progress issues, i'd say that it's about time that rockstar started paying attention to fixing up some gameplay mechanics.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

MODified M.I.A.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Personally I think they just gave up on fixing the glitches simply because people still find a way to glitch.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:01 AM Edited by marco-polo, 16 November 2013 - 03:02 AM.

Personally I think they just gave up on fixing the glitches simply because people still find a way to glitch.

Question: How serious would the backlash be if they just done a whole new restart?

(To correct the problems and reduce the glitching)

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

no not the glitches i know that the glitches will always be exploited. i meant the actual gameplay problems and complaints.

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

Question: How serious would the backlash be if they just done a whole new restart?

Probably pretty serious. It would be unfair for the ones who didn't glitch and people will find a way to glitch the game afterwards anyway.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

MODified M.I.A.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:03 AM

(To correct the problems and reduce the glitching)
A reset of the cloud servers would instigate millions of people to quit buying from R*, and populations would fall to levels equal to old games (ex. Halo 3 population levels).

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

Probably pretty serious. It would be unfair for the ones who didn't glitch and people will find a way to glitch the game afterwards anyway.

True, but is there any way around the fact that a lot of people use glitches like it's just stealing a car?

A reset of the cloud servers would instigate millions of people to quit buying from R*, and populations would fall to levels equal to old games (ex. Halo 3 population levels).

So really, you're killing grass that's going to grow back anyway?

As for the game itself, big changes like driving, heli physics won't change i wouldn't think.

If they can add more simple sh*t and sell it then they will, but don't go in with high hopes.

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by Legit Complainer, 16 November 2013 - 03:13 AM.

True, but is there any way around the fact that a lot of people use glitches like it's just stealing a car?

As for the game itself, big changes like driving, heli physics won't change i wouldn't think.

If they can add more simple sh*t and sell it then they will, but don't go in with high hopes.

i dont think millions of "grass" will be happy about the fact that they lost all of their progress for no reason, especially after a lot of them lost enough already at launch. if they reset everybody, tons of people would quit permanently, including me. i hate losing progress. even if i have all the time in the world, im not gonna be bothered getting it all back.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

Kk, fair call. Back on topic..

silentunion
  • silentunion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

It's a misconception to think that just because a game is about stealing cars you should also be able to glitch the same game. Glitching is a real life thing. It's not actually part of the game.

To answer your question though, I'd say yes; however, in my opinion, Rockstar messed this up. In my opinion Rockstar should have sent the message to glitchers early and actually created a cheat pool or banned them. That would send a message to anyone else that would possibly try to glitch. Instead we're left unknown to what Rockstar's actual stance is on glitching. People who don't normally glitch do now as a result. Rockstar has dug themselves a bit of a hole basically.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

hopefully they make it so you won't be run over if on foot in passive mode and won't be shot if in a car in passive mode.

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

Probably not.

Reason?

Look at Patch 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, and 1.05.
  • Bosk and gtarelatedusername2 like this

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:36 AM

You will never get rid of the weeds. Not ever. They always grow back with the grass. 

xStaY BlaZiNx
  • xStaY BlaZiNx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

Has anyone noticed how quiet R* has been about all of the current glitches that are going on? It's starting to make me feel like this gens version of GTAO is just a big beta test for the next gen version of GTAO. 

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

Has anyone noticed how quiet R* has been about all of the current glitches that are going on? It's starting to make me feel like this gens version of GTAO is just a big beta test for the next gen version of GTAO. 

it is what it is... When i first glitched i was immature about it, setting bounties on anyone in the session etc..., but i have sense wised up alitte, im still amazed at how much it cash you use in just normal gun fights. Not sure i would sitll be playing without a money glitch...

• PandaLambpaws and Dillinger83 like this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:25 AM

If that's the case, they should really close down their company.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

To answer your question though, I'd say yes; however, in my opinion, Rockstar messed this up. In my opinion Rockstar should have sent the message to glitchers early and actually created a cheat pool or banned them. That would send a message to anyone else that would possibly try to glitch. Instead we're left unknown to what Rockstar's actual stance is on glitching. People who don't normally glitch do now as a result. Rockstar has dug themselves a bit of a hole basically.

That's true, they've essentially let it tear so much that once the thread lets go, so do the players. 

It's unfortunate really, i guess the future updates will attempt to migrate people to play it right with some initiatives and fun, but some would be at a serious advantage - hence why i asked about a restart to get everyone back at one spot.

You will never get rid of the weeds. Not ever. They always grow back with the grass. 

Very good point.

xStaY BlaZiNx
  • xStaY BlaZiNx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

A restart at this point would piss a lot of people off. They really should of done a one or two month beta beta test instead of just jumping into it knowing there would be major, possibly game breaking, bugs.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

Myself, and millions of other players would never buy from Rockstar again, and that is revenue they cannot afford to lose, therefore I highly doubt that would happen.

I mean it "could" theoretically happen, but that'd be the equivalent of R* shooting their still good horse because it scraped it's ankle.

Give back normal mission payouts, allow us to replay missions, make new missions that are not f*cking deathmatch or last team standing, allow us to sell sports cars we purchased, even if only for a portion of what we paid for plus mods.

This game needs new life breathed in, not the plug pulled.

Legendstig
  • Legendstig

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

The people saying they've given up on glitches, they've already hotfixed a few big ones....

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:45 AM Edited by tresshold, 16 November 2013 - 08:45 AM.

this game is done, ruined.

I would not play anymore if the glitches where fixed.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

The people saying they've given up on glitches, they've already hotfixed a few big ones....

Agreed.

Related - has anyone managed to steal a jet from the army base recently ?

Every time I get the one from the hangar, no matter what I do, I get missiled out the sky - high or low, straight or zig zag - I always get blown up.

That to me, is a hotfix from R* to stop people from stealing jets - why they fixed that one over some of the more serious ones ?

No idea.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

I just hope it will fix the glitch that makes you go bald every time you put on a mask...
  • barry916 likes this

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

Agreed.

Every time I get the one from the hangar, no matter what I do, I get missiled out the sky - high or low, straight or zig zag - I always get blown up.

That to me, is a hotfix from R* to stop people from stealing jets - why they fixed that one over some of the more serious ones ?

No idea.

Stole 2 yesterday effortlessly...

Fly into hanger with chopper
Hop in jet
Take off and immediately turn and fly back in the direction you take off from

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

Agreed.

No idea.

Hop in jet

Will try that - getting in is no problem obviously, it's the getting out that's suddenly become difficult

:D

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

Put your landing gear up as soon as you barely leave the ground too. It's a big drag on the jet.

NormanR6
  • NormanR6

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

Agreed.

No idea.

Hop in jet

I've stolen a few this week, only died once. and I was just getting in the jet, some super speed tank blew me and the jet up somehow.

I always just fly straight over the fence and dive down into the vally so I am below the fence level. Never had a problem once I clear the fence.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

I know exactly what you're talking about.

They come out of no where, and it's either too late to miss the missile or they MG you to pieces.

Sometimes it's away from the base, others it's when you are trying to shoot the base up - low or high they still get you.

I've done loops to come back around after them, and i still get hit no matter what - even if i shot the jet down.

When you take off, lift wheels and pull straight back up and go behind where you were, just fly low and hope for the best.

• _d3xt3r_ likes this

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:15 AM Edited by Mr. Crowley, 16 November 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Agreed.

No idea.
Hop in jet
I've stolen a few this week, only died once. and I was just getting in the jet, some super speed tank blew me and the jet up somehow.
I always just fly straight over the fence and dive down into the vally so I am below the fence level. Never had a problem once I clear the fence.
I used to do that.
You have less of a chance of taking fire or having a tank shoot you down if you pull straight back over the top of the hanger you came out of.

AdmiralAugustus
  • AdmiralAugustus

Kush Kloud

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

In all honesty, it's a work in progress. Do I think we'll see some minor tweaks in the upcoming update? Hell yeah I do. Rockstar is the creator of many memorable games. I think they can do it. Will it be a slow process? Yes. Given the magnitude of this game, it would be foolish to think otherwise.

Rockstar is planning to release the beach bum pack, heists, CTF, and the content creator. That is huge for a game that's had its online access for only a month. Fighting games take forever to push out their meager 4 character dlc. I think some patience is order.

I know most people who dont agree will be like, "f*ck you, you're a slave to R*", but I'm not hear to convince you. Just state my .2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users