Armored Trucks

23 replies to this topic
Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

Does anyone know when armored trucks spawn I have only seen them on two different sessions now but only around 6pm mountain time. When the do spawn it's one after another after another. Btw the easiest way to rob them is to hijack it then loose the cops then shoot open the doors using a pump action shotgun aiming at the center of the doors it uasully only takes 2-3 shots.

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

Why, I blow up the doors via sticky bombs and drive over the monies in my car to pick it up. Seems easier to me.
  • Miss Malevolent likes this

primevil60
  • primevil60

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

yeah sticky is definitely quicker. especially if you are lucky enough to get them spawning back to back

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:30 AM

Why, I blow up the doors via sticky bombs and drive over the monies in my car to pick it up. Seems easier to me.

I did not know you could just drive over it in your car thanks for the tip

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

Yes a well placed sticky and then a quick call to Lester. Literally a 20 sec raid for cash.

Almost the easiest way to make money.

Also, ive only had them spawn in a handful of locations for me, and I have YET to see this so called back to back spawning...

JayAshton
  • JayAshton

You're an idiot.

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

Lester calls me when one is on the map and I usually head towards it. The CRAZIEST thing happened yesterday though. Usually I get about $3000 from taking the truck down, but yesterday I shot open the back after killing the driver and his partner and 5 bags of $1750 fell out for a total of $8750. I was in shock, but super happy!

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:06 AM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 16 November 2013 - 03:07 AM.

You are getting ripped off!!

My average is likely $13k from the trucks. Typically between $9k and $16k but have got $18.5k before.

OP trucks will not spawn in lobbies with low level players in them who havent unlocked the trucks yet. May explain something.

Besides that, i believe their spawning is random. Ive had a number of good back to back spawning sessions.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

never knew you could pick them up while in your car
I just get out to pick em up

ow and I have never seen a single one spawn
it's Always a bunch of them back to back

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by Miss Malevolent, 16 November 2013 - 04:27 PM.

Driving over the money with your car, has never worked for me.

I'm thinking the poster means, drive over where the money is...step out of the car, pick it all up...drive off.

At least that's how I do it.

And yes, one sticky centered on the doors, blows them open every time.

And I keep 3 stars when they spawn up back to back to back....why would I lose the cops? Hell, cops will be right there I'll step out of the car, grab the loot, jump back in and race to the next armored truck. Only time I take time to lose the cops is when they stop spawning.

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

No, I didn't get out if the car. It might have glitched on me last time, but I was right on the AC's ass when the doors opened and I drove to the money and without getting out of the vehicle, picked it up. I did have a convertible at the time so maybe that's why it glitched. But normally, yes, I get out of the vehicle to pick up the loot.

domini99
  • domini99

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

lol i failed twice and blew up the truck instead of the doords 

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

Does anyone know when armored trucks spawn I have only seen them on two different sessions now but only around 6pm mountain time. When the do spawn it's one after another after another. Btw the easiest way to rob them is to hijack it then loose the cops then shoot open the doors using a pump action shotgun aiming at the center of the doors it uasully only takes 2-3 shots.

They can spawn anytime, but they are very common around the north east of the map (for me). I just call Lester to remove my wanted level if I get 15K+ from the truck.

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

I figured one route out, I live at Weazel 101, and I did a little test when I saw one spawn by the movie studio around 1115 am  this was on a Monday, for the next 3 days straight I sat in a parked car in front of my building  and all 3 days it either  spawned in front of my building, the movie studio, or within a block or 2 distance from either  from 11am -1130.  I've  written down a few other spawn points I'm going to try those out as well. As far as entry  stickys are great as long as there is no traffic around  the truck and your at least  a cars length behind before u detonate it. Or else  you will blow up the truck and everything else around u including yourself  if your too close. But in a high traffic situation where explosives aren't practical 3 shots from an auto shotgun does the job.

Dasrouse
  • Dasrouse

#1 Super Guy!!!!

• Members
  • Kyrgyzstan

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

How many did you use? I only go 3 max. If you can land one in between the doors, that's perfect.

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

@domini99. Your probably were either to close  or detonated the sticky  in allot of close traffic at a red light.  I've hijacked 150 plus trucks. Once your find your groove its as easy as retrieving the mail from your mailbox. If they are on the highway and I see one  I'll usually road block with the chopper, and use the shotgun  and if there is traffic  behind u point at the drivrs  so they get out and run  or else once u shoot  they will hit the gas and level you.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

You can drive over it to pick it up!?

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

As far as evading  wanted levels instead of giving Lester 500 for it  find the nearest  set of freight tracks and head  for a tunnel either underground or in the mountains, for w/e reason the cops don't like the tracks  and once your in the tunnel even on a 5 star level  they  go away.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

99% Im forced to get out of the car and move the truck after I killed the guards and called lesner. Always a npc parked too close to the truck

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Driving over the bags doesnt work for me, ive jacked around 100 trucks so far.

my average is normally between 9K - 18K, i think with your level it goes up.

ive had them spawn twice now for me one after the other, both times on the highway between sandy shores and the city, once it was so close that after getting cash from one truck i would have to slam on anchors as i was ramming the next truck spawning right in front of me, had 8 trucks spawn right after the next lol, i made close on 70K for that run.

Aunty Fascist
  • Aunty Fascist

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

We just had the weirdest thing happen -- we hit one armored truck that spawned right after we finished racing at the prison, and as soon we got the money for that one another spawned right nearby. They kept spawning after that until we'd hit 12 in a row and got bored. I don't know what set that off but I ran out of sticky bombs before we finished.

I wasn't impressed with armored trucks before that because I'd hit two with no money, but after this spree I think I may have changed my mind.

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

especially if you are lucky enough to get them spawning back to back

We just had the weirdest thing happen

This is a common occurrence.

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

They spawn like that  by the airport allot to. By myself I had like 13 or 14 netted me like  150k,  I've jacked close to 150 it adds up they are worth it esp for the legit player

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

But sometimes you'll  hit 10 over the course of whatever  and  barely get 5 grand from them but other times  u can get 11-14k from them

domini99
  • domini99

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

How many did you use? I only go 3 max. If you can land one in between the doors, that's perfect.

@domini99. Your probably were either to close  or detonated the sticky  in allot of close traffic at a red light.  I've hijacked 150 plus trucks. Once your find your groove its as easy as retrieving the mail from your mailbox. If they are on the highway and I see one  I'll usually road block with the chopper, and use the shotgun  and if there is traffic  behind u point at the drivrs  so they get out and run  or else once u shoot  they will hit the gas and level you.

I always use one stickey bomb.
But when i throw the stickey bomb too low or too high, the truck 'll blow up.
Don't ask, i can manage everything.
you will believe after playing with me for 5 minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users