187 replies to this topic
Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k your santa hats. they're too mainstream

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

@OP Do u talk abt anything else on this forum than Johnny's death scene or r u getting a little obsessed by it, haha :)

Just kidding.

i don't know much about your personality but if a protagonist you really like gets killed in the sh*ttiest way possible, i think you'd be pissed off : /

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:46 AM Edited by LancerG2, 31 December 2013 - 02:47 AM.

My plot, Johnny rises from a grave out in the desert like this.

http://youtu.be/CucIEwfVl6g?t=12m19s

Then he gets on his Hexer and drives off into the sunset.

Edit, F*cking BBCODE!

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:51 AM Edited by Xerukal, 31 December 2013 - 02:52 AM.

Edit, F*cking BBCODE!

Not gonna lie. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Johnny (I like him. Just neutral about his death). I would absolutely love for a DLC like Undead Nightmare revolving around The Lost coming back from the dead one Halloween night to hunt down Trevor.

And I love Trevor, too. So this isn't a hate thing. Hear me out. 

Johnny rising out of his grave transforming his Hexer into a Ghost Rider-like machine would be badass. All while this plays;

They wouldn't exactly be zombies. They'd be concious, at least. Just very... undead. A bit contradictory, given the term "undead". But y'know. 

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:03 AM

I don't really care about Johnny, but I DO think he was a strange choice to include in such a scene. They made Johnny look shockingly pathetic, which makes it seem like Rockstar didn't think much of his character to begin with.

It wasn't really that necessary to have that scene play out the way it did. They could have EASILY used a different character who was part of the Lost gang, and it would have had a similar effect. This scene felt like they wanted to get a reaction from fans(which they DID), and let people know Trevor was a REAL f*cking badass(which he IS).

Trevor is my favorite character, while I found Johnny to be quite forgettable. However, Johnny was at LEAST a more likable character than Michael, who in my opinion, is the WORST of all the GTA characters.

Michael has NO redeeming qualities, and I really found him to be the most selfish, backstabbing character of them all. At least Johnny had SOME redeeming values.

HolographicBunny
  • HolographicBunny

[TITLE DELETED FOR SECURITY REASONS]

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:24 AM Edited by HolographicBunny, 31 December 2013 - 03:25 AM.

I'm not as mad as some Klebitz snuffed it, nor for the reasons he did: 1) I always thought he was kind of a whiny b*tch. 2) Ashley was always a fine tragic flaw, and one of my favorite aspects of johnny's character. That said, I don't know exactly what I'd change (interesting hypothetical, I might put some thought into that) right off the top of my head, except this.

JOHNNY SWINGS!!!!!

I mean, c'mon! We have a whole small game dedicated to showing us that, disloyal crybaby though he may be, it takes ALOT more than we saw to put him down, even from Trevor.

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Can there be a room for us who are Multi Billionaires? 500 Mill buy in with minimum bet's of 50 million would be fun.

LancerG2
  • LancerG2

The Lost MC [Vice President]

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:05 AM Edited by LancerG2, 31 December 2013 - 07:07 AM.

Edit, F*cking BBCODE!

Not gonna lie. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Johnny (I like him. Just neutral about his death). I would absolutely love for a DLC like Undead Nightmare revolving around The Lost coming back from the dead one Halloween night to hunt down Trevor.

And I love Trevor, too. So this isn't a hate thing. Hear me out. 

Johnny rising out of his grave transforming his Hexer into a Ghost Rider-like machine would be badass. All while this plays;

They wouldn't exactly be zombies. They'd be concious, at least. Just very... undead. A bit contradictory, given the term "undead". But y'know. 

You sir, be my best friend RIGHT NOW.

I love bad voodoo.

Also with these "zombies" they should eat people, I want gore. Also if zombie mode went into GTA Online, imagine driving a convoy with friends while shooting/running over zombies on the way.

Also zombie Terry and Zombie Clay should come up, maybe a mission where you gotta help them before putting them to rest peacefully. (Reference to RDR UN where John Marston has to finish everything before going to rest, except even after 100% completion there's no extra side missions).

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:28 AM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 31 December 2013 - 07:30 AM.

I like Johnny, but I wasn't really up in arms about him getting triple c*nt curb stomped either.

It was more like 'Why have Trevor kill ANY of the past protags?'. They could have established T's psychotic dominance with a lesser character from the IV series. Or a complete nobody like Ortega.

Would have had the same effect, without polarizing a good chunk of the fan base. I mean, my brother loves IV and never played TLAD so that scene had zero impact on him. He was like 'Who's this guy, am I supposed to care?'.

The shock value wore off pretty quickly for me as well. It was rather anticlimactic in my opinion.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

I don't know but, here is Johnny's Reaction, silly I know, but funny.

See, Johnny is still alive!

In GTA IV PC, that is.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

@OP Do u talk abt anything else on this forum than Johnny's death scene or r u getting a little obsessed by it, haha :)

Just kidding.

i don't know much about your personality but if a protagonist you really like gets killed in the sh*ttiest way possible, i think you'd be pissed off : /

I was just joking. I respect you, don't worry.

I like Johnny. But I wasn't pissed off abt the scene, cause I kinda got over his death. Ya, it shocked me, but it didn't make me hate Trevor.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

To be honest, I think the way Johnny died was great. (this is coming from someone who isn't overly attached to tlad)

Johnny acting like a little bitch around Trevor just proves how much of a f*cking bad ass he is. If someone like Johnny is scared of Trevor you know he's a person you don't want to f*ck with.

So I think the way he killed Johnny made Trevors entrance perfect.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

Needs more cowbell. Heeyy.

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

I would have had Johnny come over to "talk" with Trevor about the fact Ashley's been clean for months and Trevor has, once more, gotten her hooked on meth. Then I'd have Trevor talk to her about the fact Johnny isn't her boyfriend or her father but continues to act like most. Then I'd have gotten into a fist fight with Johnny where you stomp on him after the end and it seems like he's dead.

Then I would have found out, later, Johnny survived the beating you gave him and he's now extremely pissed off at you. Instead of waging war against the Aztecs and the Triads, Trevor would have been having a low-running conflict with the Lost MC throughout the battle. One mission would have involved Ashley luring Trevor to his doom.

Johnny would have been the final boss after many-many battles with Trevor. Except, it'd be against Michael instead of Trevor as they all take out their other enemies. Michael ends up bullet-timing Johnny after assaulting his HQ and Johnny's last words are, "I don't care...if I die."

I think fans still would have objected, though.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

I think Johnny was a dick, so I would have had Trevor kill him twice. 

• Captain Arthur likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

johnny's a dick? what about the sailor-molesting torture-enjoying inconsistent piece of sh*t known as trevor?

armyraidfail404
  • armyraidfail404

I do happen to be a cat.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

Imma just gon say it!

Kill Luis off instead he was a f*gg*t

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

I never really cared about Johnny, he was one of the LEAST interesting characters in the GTA universe for me. I WAS however, shocked at how emasculated he was written in GTAV. He wasn't even allowed to go out like a man.

He was a total wimp. If he had ended up in prison, I think he would have been someone's prison bitch.

• Niobium and TheticalFlyer97 like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

I never really cared about Johnny, he was one of the LEAST interesting characters in the GTA universe for me. I WAS however, shocked at how emasculated he was written in GTAV. He wasn't even allowed to go out like a man.

He was a total wimp. If he had ended up in prison, I think he would have been someone's prison bitch.

wow, even someone who didn't like johnny didn't like how he was written in gta 5.
  • TheticalFlyer97 likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:46 AM

Same as the game, but he doesn't get killed. He gets totally f*cked up and raids Trevor's place/strip club for an awesome shootout mission.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

I would make his death even more embarrassing for him. Sorry but I didn't like his character.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

I liked JK - he was probably the most humane of the three from the IV era.

The honest truth is though I wouldn't change the scene. When first watching it, I did wonder if it would cause me to dislike playing as Trevor. However, the fact of the matter is that all our GTA protagonists are likely to end up dead at some point.

Even if they do get out alive, like Michael, they are likely to end up miserable and depressed, but still it's highly likely their past will come back to haunt them. All of them have weaknesses somewhere, and for Johnny, it was always likely to be Ashley that would be his downfall (forget that the "weapon" happened to be Trevor, that girl was always going to be the end of him).

Plus, if you still feel annoyed at it there is always the option of "Something Sensible". I have to say though, I pick C. Trevor is mostly a pitiable character - "Mrs Phillips" being the most obvious example.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:53 AM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 22 January 2014 - 10:56 AM.

johnny's a dick? what about the sailor-molesting torture-enjoying inconsistent piece of sh*t known as trevor?

I think he's a dick as well, but the game wouldn't have made any sense if he'd been killed in his own intro. 

THINK, MAN. THINK.

They had Trevor kill Johnny to show that he is a remorse meat head that will and can kill pretty much anyone he wants at any time. They also used Johnny as a device, albeit briefly, to show that, in the GTA world, there is no such thing as redemption - when Johnny left LC, he fell into the same habits he tried to get away from, thus proving that weakness is for life, and that redemption is futile, unless you're John Marston. And we all know what happened to him. 

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:01 AM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 22 January 2014 - 12:01 PM.

Johnny is a hypocrite. He criticizes Ashley for smoking meth when 5 years later, he did the same thing. He tells Billy that he shouldn't have broken "Pretty Boy"'s jaw when he put his head on the motorcycle's wheel.

Trevor has loyalty. Even when his best friend had stabbed him in the back, he still didn't kill him when he could have easily done so. He could have killed Mr. K after he tortured him but he didn't. 

Johnny is the absolute opposite, he killed his best friend after he betrayed him. Above all, he kidnapped Roman for his piece of sh*t girlfriend. 
  • DeafMetal likes this

VolkXue
  • VolkXue

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Would have had Johnny's military brother show up for revenge then be killed also. 

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hated Johnny. I liked what R* did with the death scene although it would have been good if they threw in a baseball bat or a knife, make it a bit more violent and give that sob the ending he deserved. 

TheticalFlyer97
  • TheticalFlyer97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

If it makes you feel any better, Johnny respawned at the hospital after being killed.

LMAO

• DeafMetal and HolographicBunny like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:55 PM Edited by nobum62, 22 January 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Johnny is a hypocrite. He criticizes Ashley for smoking meth when 5 years later, he did the same thing. He tells Billy that he shouldn't have broken "Pretty Boy"'s jaw when he put his head on the motorcycle's wheel.

Trevor has loyalty. Even when his best friend had stabbed him in the back, he still didn't kill him when he could have easily done so. He could have killed Mr. K after he tortured him but he didn't. 

Johnny is the absolute opposite, he killed his best friend after he betrayed him. Above all, he kidnapped Roman for his piece of sh*t girlfriend. 
so? niko killed one of johnny's friends before johnny kidnapped roman, and then niko killed jim afterwards. you don't seem to give a sh*t about that. f*cking hypocritical.

also, johnny didn't had a choice when killing billy. it was either kill a traitor or be sent to prison.

trevor was not loyal to mike. yes trevor didn't kill him, but he still ditched him and left him to get killed by the triad gangsters.

trevor didn't let mr k live because he cared about him, but just because he didn't like being told what to do. don't forget that T enjoyed torturing him.

johnny told billy he didn't need to hurt pretty boy because he already gave the info for the bike.

and as for johnny criticizing ash for doing drugs when five years later he does the same...... you should be hating rockstar for turning him into a hypocrite.

trevor fanboy.

Niobium
  • Niobium

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:02 PM Edited by nobum62, 22 January 2014 - 03:07 PM.

I think he's a dick as well, but the game wouldn't have made any sense if he'd been killed in his own intro. 
THINK, MAN. THINK.

They had Trevor kill Johnny to show that he is a remorse meat head that will and can kill pretty much anyone he wants at any time. They also used Johnny as a device, albeit briefly, to show that, in the GTA world, there is no such thing as redemption - when Johnny left LC, he fell into the same habits he tried to get away from, thus proving that weakness is for life, and that redemption is futile, unless you're John Marston. And we all know what happened to him. 
interesting analysis of johnny, but not enough to justify him being OCC.

after the ending of TLAD the player can call angus and johnny will say:

"i'll try to cut my ties with the lost."
"i finally got ashley out of my head. she has that need to f*ck up everything around her"

the player can also call ashley. ashley will ask johnny for forty dollars and johnny will say:
"you can kill yourself on your own ash."

he knows it is to pay off her debts or to buy drugs.

johnny was also an ex-addict and disliked drugs, especially after seeing what it has done to ashley. also, johnny did not foreshadow at all he was gonna do drugs

5 years later, we see johnny as a meth addict still in the lost going "HURR DURR WHY U F*CKING ASHLEY WAAAAAAA"

f*ck you cockstar for making johnny's character inconsistant. F*CK YOU.

i mean, imagine luis saying "OYE, I SHOULD STOP HAVING INTERCOURSE WITH RANDOM GIRLS AT MAISONETTE 'CAUSE PRE-MARITAL SEX IS WRONG BRO" and becomes a christian. not just any christian, one of those dorky, douchey bigoted christians. then he says to tony, "OYE, HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN. I CAN'T WORK FOR A fa**ot ANYMORE YO" and ditches him to become a member of the westboro baptist church. then 5 years later we see luis in a cutscene, then he falls down the stairs and breaks his neck within one minute. that would be out of character and luis wouldn't die so easily.

the scene didn't make trevor a badass, all it did was make johnny a pussy
  • Choco Taco and TheticalFlyer97 like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:28 PM

I know that idea for this topic was a bit different, but I would delete whole Lost MC from the game.

R* people acted like a complete amateurs while writing this story. How the hell otherwise disbanded motorcycle club with 4 members (from which one was on a wheelchair) suddenly surface in the LS. Lost MC had two chapters in LC and these were the whole their power. Since almost nothing is said about Broker Chapter, we may assume the whole gang was in state of decay after events of IV. In V they own clubhouse in LS, Stab City and whole Sandy Shores Airport. Makes sense to me.

R* also pissed on everything they made so far. Suddenly AoD, club told to have clubhouse in every major city in US and many outside are nowhere to be found and they are told to be myth. So we were fighting mythical creatures in LC? 

Why they are using the same model for Johnny as 5 years ago. I know he was made from scratch probably, but why he is wearing the same leather jacket with LC and Vice-president badges, while Terry and Clay have nomad bikers gear (I believe that's the name). Laziness?

I believe Lost should have been replaced with AoD (which would be nothing more than simple re-texturing few models), when some unnamed AoD president would be killed over his deadbeat girlfriend, which Trevor f*cked for absolutely no reason. Lost should be leave in LC, to rot, while reminiscing the old glory of the brotherhood (some news over death in drug orgy in LC could be posted in the ingame net to show Ashley). 

At current state whole Lost MC being there and dying over nothing makes no sense and exist there only as shocker. Well, whole story of V is being sh*t, so this one inconsistency is not making it not better nor worse.

• B Dawg and TheticalFlyer97 like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:29 PM Edited by Zodape, 22 January 2014 - 03:34 PM.

so? niko killed one of johnny's friends before johnny kidnapped roman, and then niko killed jim afterwards. you don't seem to give a sh*t about that. f*cking hypocritical.

also, johnny didn't had a choice when killing billy. it was either kill a traitor or be sent to prison.

trevor was not loyal to mike. yes trevor didn't kill him, but he still ditched him and left him to get killed by the triad gangsters.

trevor didn't let mr k live because he cared about him, but just because he didn't like being told what to do. don't forget that T enjoyed torturing him.

johnny told billy he didn't need to hurt pretty boy because he already gave the info for the bike.

and as for johnny criticizing ash for doing drugs when five years later he does the same...... you should be hating rockstar for turning him into a hypocrite.

trevor fanboy.
Well, it's not like Trevor was pissed at Mike for absolutely no reason. Remember that Mike kind of tried to kill him in NY. Trevor did the same. Now they are even.

And he even comes back and helps him with those FIB/IAA/Merryweather douches.

OT: Nah, I wouldn't change his death. It shows how the protags can't escape their past and I take it over some cliché honorable death.
That's not only for Johnny. They can do that to Trevor aswell or any other protag. Hell, Trevor gets killed with fire, Johnny's death is nothing compared to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users