» «
Photo

(SPOILERS) How would you have written the Johnny Scene

187 replies to this topic
cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by cp1dell, 29 December 2013 - 06:14 PM.

I find it funny how for years GTA has always stirred up the media with controversy. Now GTA V comes out and Rockstar is able to get the fans' panties in a bunch this time by killing a protagonist.

It's a damn good thing Vice City Stories came out after Vice City, I assume all of you would still be crying yourselves to sleep about that.

• Officer Ronson and Gta_V_Fan_101 like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

some guy who just got into the santa hat fad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

I find it funny how for years GTA has always stirred up the media with controversy. Now GTA V comes out and Rockstar is able to get the fans' panties in a bunch this time by killing a protagonist.

It's a damn good thing Vice City Stories came out after Vice City, I assume all of you would still be crying yourselves to sleep about that.

just read this thread.

http://gtaforums.com...gta-v-spoilers/

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:52 PM Edited by cp1dell, 29 December 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Yeah I've read it, what about it? People complaining it made no sense? It was out of character?

Just people with no understanding of the situation, who refuse to listen to any explanation. Just people covering their ears yelling "I can't hear you!"

• TaviColen123 likes this

MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

I liked the scene and would only change it by having the beating last a bit longer and Johnny trying to put up a bit of a fight. I would have liked to see Trevor Johnny for a good few minutes.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

GTA has reached a milestone when a character is introduced by a bizarrely random act of senseless violence that angers/disturbs a large cross-section of the people who have been playing it for years, mainly engaging in bizarrely random acts of senseless violence.

People want to hate Rockstar for it. I think it's a stroke of brilliance.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

They should have given him a better death than that.  It was a crappy part of an overall mediocre story.

• nobum62 likes this

Il_Tifossi
  • Il_Tifossi

bad motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Trevor: -Drop your pants, cowboy...

-CENSORED-

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

Yeah I've read it, what about it? People complaining it made no sense? It was out of character?

Just people with no understanding of the situation, who refuse to listen to any explanation. Just people covering their ears yelling "I can't hear you!"

no.... we give counterpoints to your bad arguments. we're not just gonna accept any explanation when they do not make sense

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:06 AM

I liked johnny but I wouldn't change that scene, it shows us gta protags are not immortal and anyone can go at any second. When I first saw that scene, I thought johnny was still alive but when Trevor removed bits of johnny's brain from his shoes, I realised this dudes really dead. Maybe we'll see johnny again in an Alien DLC and he'll kill Trevor

GetWoody
  • GetWoody

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

Why do all these people care so much about Johnny?
Where's the love for Terry and Clay?

apparently R* cared about these people so little that they turned them into nameless mooks you have to kill
Most significant characters you kill in GTA become nameless mooks when their time comes.
Anyway, I wouldn't have changed the scene itself, just maybe some of Johnny's dialogue. Johnny was never really that capable of an individual (for a GTA protag, anyways).

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

no.... we give counterpoints to your bad arguments. we're not just gonna accept any explanation when they do not make sense

So what's a bad argument in your book - anything you disagree with? Quite frankly, there's nothing to be confused about the Johnny scene. The majority are claiming it makes no sense because they simply don't like that it did happen.

• TaviColen123 likes this

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

"Hey Johnny, big Boy"

"yeah?"
bla bla bla Atom Bomb every The Lost MC is dead...

let's go make the "big one"

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

I would have made it that Johnny and Trevor are pals and that the Lost made an alliance with TPI after they helped wipe out the LS AoD. Johnny helps out in heists and you can call him and other bikers in for backup in some missions.

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:20 AM Edited by maxoS, 30 December 2013 - 03:20 AM.

I would have made it that Johnny and Trevor are pals and that the Lost made an alliance with TPI after they helped wipe out the LS AoD. Johnny helps out in heists and you can call him and other bikers in for backup in some missions.

Do you mean... TPE?! He changed it very fast after he heard (spoiler) that Trevor Philip Industries isn't correct. Trevor Phillip Enterprise was correct, so he changed it to that.

Also viewable at the Blue Print map with UV-Light at the back :) Industries is crossed out, Industries written under.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

I wouldn't have let him live, but atleast change a little bit how it foils.

Trevor - Take off your pants, cowboy, let's... let's f*ck.

Johnny - You think this is funny? You are f*cking lucky I rode alone.

Trevor - Let's hug it out.

Johnny - *pulls handgun* alright, let's hug it out

Trevor - *kicks handgun ala Luis Lopez because Johnny was still weak* fatal miscalculation amigo.

And the rest is how you see ingame with the f*ckin sh*t triple c*nt swearing and fatal stomping.

• lazy. and TheticalFlyer97 like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:04 AM Edited by nobum62, 30 December 2013 - 04:05 AM.

So what's a bad argument in your book - anything you disagree with? Quite frankly, there's nothing to be confused about the Johnny scene. The majority are claiming it makes no sense because they simply don't like that it did happen.

not really, there's opinions i think are good but i disagree with. we say it made no sense because johnny was OCC. look at the ending of TLAD

Spoiler

5 years later, we see johnny as a meth addict still in the lost going "HURR DURR WHY U F*CKING ASHLEY WAAAAAAA"

f*ck you cockstar for making johnny's character inconsistant. F*CK YOU.

i mean, imagine luis saying "OYE, I SHOULD STOP HAVING INTERCOURSE WITH RANDOM GIRLS AT MAISONETTE 'CAUSE PRE-MARITAL SEX IS WRONG BRO" and becomes a christian. not just any christian, one of those dorky, douchey bigoted christians. then he says to tony, "OYE, HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN. I CAN'T WORK FOR A fa**ot ANYMORE YO" and ditches him to become a member of the westboro baptist church. then 5 years later we see luis in a cutscene, then he falls down the stairs and breaks his neck within one minute. that would be out of character and luis wouldn't die so easily.

the scene didn't make trevor a badass, all it did was make johnny a pussy

EDIT: if you want to keep discussing this, take it to P.M. i don't want a moderator locking this thread for being off-topic
  • TheticalFlyer97 likes this

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:09 AM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 30 December 2013 - 04:09 AM.

Johnny - TREVOR! Im talking to you deadbeat hillbilly prick 

Trevor - o really? what you saying?

Johnny - if you f*ck my girl again the whole chapter will be on your ass 

Trevor - on my ass huh? how about i have a go on your ass? take off your pants Cowboy come on lets f*ck!

Johnny - you think this is a Joke? THE LOST MC! aint no joke you ugly  inbred hillbilly f*ck!

Trevor - (trevor leans  backs Slightly)  Ohh im sorry cowboy i understand loud and clear  its the last time it will happen i promise ya that  Cowboy 

Johnny - it better be come on ashely  (johnny and ashely then get on a chopper and go back to the rest of the chapter)

Trevor - (after Johnny leaves)  that f*cking Toothless  chap Wearing MOTHRf*ckER!!! I Have had enough of those fruity  Leather jacket wearing Hermaphrodites! who does he think his speaking to WHO! f*ck!!  im gonna rip out his f*cking spline! and f*cking chew on the f*cking thing till it pops open in my mouth and drink what ever is in side of  it!!! AHHHHHHH ASSHOLES!!!!!! 

This  then starts a war between Trevor and the LOST MC. (Johnny is on meth still and not the man he used to be but his not some push over pussy either in my Script) 

• visionist likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:10 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 30 December 2013 - 10:20 AM.

Scene opens to Trevor watching the news reporting on the Vangelico heist

Trevor: Ron! I just saw a f*cking ghost, get in here!
Ron: Are you.. alright.. Trevor?
Trevor: RON! *Trevor smashes his door open and walks onto his porch*
Ron: Ok Trevor!

*Johnny, Terry and Clay were around the corner, watching Trevor. Trevor walks out of his trailer and goes to Ron's.*

Johhny: Alright, I said I'm over that sh*t with stealing flags and whatever, but this is too funny. *Johnny goes into Trevor's trailer, smashes his table and takes his Impotent Rage figure*

Ron: Uh, Trevor...?
Trevor: RON! SHUT THE F*CK UP AND DON'T TRY AND CHANGE THE SUBJECT WITH ME. DO YOU WANT ME TO PUNISH YOU AGAIN? HUH? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE GONNA-
Johnny: Hey! Trevor!
*Trevor turns around and sees Johnny with his figure*
Clay: Impotent Rage! Impotent Rage!
Trevor: F*CK YOU! F*CK YOU F*CK YOU F*CK YOU!
*Johnny snaps the statue in half. Johnny, Trevor and Clay laugh uncontrollably*
*Trevor starts firing shots at them*
Terry: Oh, sh*t!
*J, T and C get on their bikes and start riding off*

Trevor: RON! WHERE THE F*CK ARE YOU?
Ron: Right here, Trevor.
*Ron pulls up in his car and chases after The Lost while Trevor shoots*

During the chase, Trevor would kill loads of unnamed Lost members, until Ron eventually crashes the car and after a huge outburst from Trevor, the mission ends. After this, we'd slowly see Johnny degenerate as Trevor f*cks up The Lost's business.
  • Bonnano likes this

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:17 AM Edited by Lazyboy., 30 December 2013 - 10:18 AM.

EDIT: whoops, double post.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Born to Lose, Live to Win

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

Scene opens to Trevor watching the news reporting on the Vangelico heist

This actually sounds a lot f*cking better than what we had.

• Bonnano likes this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

@OP Do u talk abt anything else on this forum than Johnny's death scene or r u getting a little obsessed by it, haha :)

Just kidding.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

Ron has a car? And nice writing there, would have made more sense to have Ashley nowhere to be seen and J, T, and C mock Trevor's personality.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

Something like this:

Instead of T killing Johnny K, Johnny would shoot Trevor in the leg and escapes in his bike. The lost then hide out somewhere remote. To get the attention of the lost, Trevor kidnaps Ashley. Johnny stays smart and doesn't go to save Ashley. T kills Ashley in retaliation. 

Johnny is now Trevor's main enemy, and Johnny annoys Trevor throughout the story. In a mission later in the game, There will be a boss fight, but Johnny will have his whole gang by his side. After an intense battle between TPI (Trevor, Ron and Chef) and the lost, the player has a choice whether to kill or spare Johnny. If he is spared, Johnny can be a crew member for the heists; but if the player chooses to kill Johnny, Trevor places a weak Johnny in a chair, then burns him alive.

• Alvarez and TheticalFlyer97 like this

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

Ron has a car? And nice writing there, would have made more sense to have Ashley nowhere to be seen and J, T, and C mock Trevor's personality.

Well, Ron would have a car until he crashes it.

thomtim9901
  • thomtim9901

Dutch PS3 Player

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:50 AM Edited by thomtim9901, 30 December 2013 - 11:50 AM.

What if Johnny didn't die?

He could be used in a future DLC "The Lost And Damned;Johnny's revenge" or something, in wich he wants to kill trevor.

He would be an awsome boss!

What do you guys think?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

I wouldn't have had Johnny appear in the game at all tbh. Or if i did, the Lost wouldn't be the enemy.

Gutting the cast of TLAD, killing them all, is just disappointing to me. I kinda rewrote it in my head that Johnny survived, albeit with a metal plate in his head (anyone seen the film BULLETPROOF?) but i'm not sure how plausible that could be.
When i saw the scene i was really glad he was in - he seemed familiar with Trevor and i thought they'd be mates. Business acquaintances or something. Trevor could be friends with the Lost, and the AOD could be the enemy. That's what I'd do.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hmmm...

Johnny: f*cking my girl, man, it's wrong

Trevor: What!? U got a problem with it?

Johnny: No, I dumped her long time ago, that's not my point. The problem is I want you to f*ck me instead.

Trevor: Erm... Okay. Take off ur pants, cowboy, let's f*ck.

• nobum62 and TheticalFlyer97 like this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

Johnny - TREVOR! Im talking to you deadbeat hillbilly prick 

Trevor - o really? what you saying?

Johnny - if you f*ck my girl again the whole chapter will be on your ass 

Trevor - on my ass huh? how about i have a go on your ass? take off your pants Cowboy come on lets f*ck!

Johnny - you think this is a Joke? THE LOST MC! aint no joke you ugly  inbred hillbilly f*ck!

Trevor - (trevor leans  backs Slightly)  Ohh im sorry cowboy i understand loud and clear  its the last time it will happen i promise ya that  Cowboy 

Johnny - it better be come on ashely  (johnny and ashely then get on a chopper and go back to the rest of the chapter)

Trevor - (after Johnny leaves)  that f*cking Toothless  chap Wearing MOTHRf*ckER!!! I Have had enough of those fruity  Leather jacket wearing Hermaphrodites! who does he think his speaking to WHO! f*ck!!  im gonna rip out his f*cking spline! and f*cking chew on the f*cking thing till it pops open in my mouth and drink what ever is in side of  it!!! AHHHHHHH ASSHOLES!!!!!! 

This  then starts a war between Trevor and the LOST MC. (Johnny is on meth still and not the man he used to be but his not some push over pussy either in my Script) 

Trevor never says motherf*cker. He hates it when people say that.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

I would write it the same as R* did, only I would NOT kill him.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:02 PM Edited by CJ killed Ryder, 30 December 2013 - 01:09 PM.

I would have it play out something like this. As a pretty lousy writer, I can't really think of a decent set-up for this scenario, but here it is.

A firefight erupts, with Trevor on one side and Johnny, Terry, and Clay on the other. The shootout ends with Terry and Clay dead, and Johnny severely wounded.

Trevor stands over Johnny with a smirk on his face and his pistol pointed at Johnny's head for the final shot. Breathing heavily, Johnny looks Trevor dead in the eye, unblinking, and bitterly tells him to go ahead and do it. The last of his brothers are gone; he's got nothing left to lose.

Trevor is caught by surprise. He's used to killing people in the heat of the moment, or when they're begging for their lives. It's rare for him to see someone so apathetic, if not vaguely hopeful, about their own death. After a moment's hesitation, he pulls the trigger.

For a few seconds, Trevor continues looking at Johnny's body, a look of vague disquiet on his face. It's one of the few times he's ever felt disturbed, however slightly, after killing someone. He growls in frustration and shakes his head before turning around and storming away. "f*cking moron," he mutters.

http://www.hollywood...king-bad-h-2013

Ur story reminds me of this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users