Converting Vehicles Problem

4 replies to this topic
Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

I have this problem for a long time when trying to convert NFS Carbon cars to SA, I'm trying to figure out but no luck.

so i decide to make a topic about this problem, i hope someone will help me with this problem  :panic:

I'm trying to convert a Tunning Hemi Cuda from NFS Carbon to SA

i'm doing almost everything in right way, but i've problem with dummys that makes car in corrupt parts(doors,wheels,hood....) in game...

heres a pic how the car looks when not touch it :

http://i.imgur.com/7orqKWw.jpg

When you touch it, the door is going back to right place :

http://i.imgur.com/asSAh9k.jpg

you can see the rest of parts(hood,boot) still in wrong place....

What I'm doing WRONG?? please help me

I'm using 3ds max 2009.

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:57 AM Edited by sharpie_eastern, 16 November 2013 - 02:59 AM.

Try checking your dummies rotations, compare them to a original GTA car, and I think the door goes to the right spot because the animation resets the dummies rotation for the door because it swings out and in

• Black Mantis likes this

Black Mantis
  • Black Mantis

TH3 Don

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'm already checking Dummies rotation (Coordinate X 0.0 Y 0.0 Z 0.0) and the axes(pivot) of doors is exactly in dummies axes coordinate.....

I didn't make those dummies(i don't know how to make them) , I'm already taking those dummies from Original SA cars and connect them with Hemi Cuda.... thats mean it's original SA dummy so i don't need to compare.

thanks for your advice  :colgate:

sharpie_eastern
  • sharpie_eastern

Do it thyself

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:19 AM

No problem, thats a quite an odd issue with the car. What you could do is use kams max scripts "Modelling helper" then click on a object and hit "Object to dummy"

JohnPro
  • JohnPro

GTAHalo.com

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

HAHAHAHA this gave me a good laugh - dont worry your not alone, I have done this before.

very easy to fix my friend, simply go back to your car before you exported it from max and rotate the entire car 90 degrees to the right. So the front of your car as is in max needs to rotate 90 degrees right. Then reset all the rotations to 0 again using "affect pivot only"

im 99% sure this is your problem.

To explain - as you can see in the picture the 'chassis' is in the correct position - this is because the game always resets it to 0 no matter where you put it.

Your other parts however stay how they are and do not get rotated/moved by the game. (they stay how they are in 3ds max)

This means your car is facing the wrong way in 3ds max. lol

A very common problem when converting from different games.

I imported a halo vehicle once without aligning it to the original sa vehicle and without reseting the Xform, I had a warthog the size of a building LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users