Photo

Aiming at cops instead of players

6 replies to this topic
efarley
  • efarley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

Is there any way to set this game so that it will target a player before a cop/hostile npc? I have gotten killed so many freaking times because a player decides to come kill me while I'm in a shootout with the cops and all my game will do is aim at the cops that are no real threat totally ignoring the player who is actually killing me.

I end up having to try to stay alive long enough to kill 12 cops before I can even start shooting at the player because every time I pop out of cover my cross hairs snap to a cop.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Take auto aim off?

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

Autoaim how dose it werk?
Freeaim is a million times better. Seriously make the change.

zacko98
  • zacko98

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

I feel the same way, it's ridiculous for it to focus on something which isn't even a threat.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

When targetting using the aim assist you can use the right thumbstick to switch targets. Target up, pop the cop then move stick repeatedly in direction of player till it finds him. Sometimes it will still skip the player in favor of the next cop. In that case just hold the left trigger and freeaim is your best option. I agree though, the priority should always be player first then police. Also you should never be able to auto target a friend or crewmate in freemode. Both of there should include chopper and jet targetting as well.

efarley
  • efarley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:56 AM Edited by efarley, 16 November 2013 - 12:58 AM.

Oh yeah auto aiming at friends/crew is also really annoying. My crew mates and me have killed each other on numerous occasions trying to kill another player because the auto aim snapped onto a crew member instead of the player shooting at us.

Good job on that R* clearly my friend who was trying to help me stay alive was more of a threat than the ass hat who just blew up my car and is shooting at me...

MysterBeefy
  • MysterBeefy

aaaand I love you.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

Auto-aim targets whoever is closest. Usually only those in view, but will occasionally snap to someone almost to your side for whatever reason. Auto-aim has its uses, but can screw you over at times if you're in "the heat of battle".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users