Photo

Invisible world glitch?

2 replies to this topic
race.freak
  • race.freak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hi, I got GTA IV quite a while ago, and wasn't able to play it for the longest time due to one of the many FATAL ERROR bugs. I got a new computer a while ago, installed the game, and it worked perfectly for several months. Recently, however, I'll run the game, start it, and 99% of all the textures are invisible. Only a few civilians spawn, no cars appear anywhere, and the only visible items are interactive ones like lamp posts and fire hydrants. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with an Nvidia GeForce GT 520MX video card. A video card driver update did not fix the problem, and I have no idea what to do. Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-race.freak

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

Do you remember what changes you made to the system since the last time the game worked?

Have you tried reinstalling the game and deleting all files from the Settings folder?

race.freak
  • race.freak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

I don't remember making any changes to the system itself. A reinstall failed to get it working, and all the graphical settings keep auto-setting to the lowest quality. It says that it uses too much space, but managing to change anything doesn't change the amount it uses for some reason. If I manage to set the settings to somewhere around medium, and start the game, it never gets past the loading screen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users