2437 Kills, 0 Deaths. You do the math

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

My PvP K/D is 4.7 with around 800 kills.

BUT I want to be clear about something. In another K/D thread, someone posted about his habit of looking at the other K/Ds in a lobby, and anytime someone has one over 3-4 he watches them play. He has yet to find a player with a K/D that high who doesn't rooftop snipe, camp, play very cautiously and slowly, etc.

This is me as well. I know mine would be much lower if I mixed it up on the ground more often. I just enjoy sniping. But I think for the K/D to mean anything, it is first important to find out what style of player you are dealing with. They are both legitimate ways to play the game, but affect the way stats should be interpreted. If I had only sniped from the beginning and stayed away from deathmatches, my K/D could be much higher. Because it's that much easier to snipe and not get killed.

If there's someone in the 4s or even 3s who does this on the ground outside of a tank, I'd like to know so I can watch you play.

That was me.

It is really cool that you broke it down honestly. Lots of people do this, along with a combination of other tactics, to keep their KDR up. A lot of people will also use tanks... and leave the session if things look hairy.

The people with the highest PvP KDRs usually will not stand and fight if overmatched or evenly matched even. They will quick join/exit. Or find a new session.

If all you care about is PvP KDR, there are lots of slippery and ultra cautious or bogus methods you can use to keep it going up higher and higher.

With the game's spawning system, I'd bake 50 batches of cookies for anyone with a K/D higher than 3 that doesn't play cautiously.

PvP freeroam usually is this

1.  Player A gets killed by player B

2.  Player A gets revenge

3.  Player B spawns behind player A and kills them

4.  Player B gets in their car of PV and escapes while player A is respawing

5.  Player A chases player B around the map for like 15 minutes in rage

It's hilarious to watch, lol.  If someone kills me, I'll usually kill them back 2 or 3 times to get them to stop messing with me.  And if they pursue me when I take my leave, I'll have to get across the point that they should leave me alone.  If someone kills me and then drives off to Sandy Shores in an Entity, I don't chase after them, especially since stickies are so easy to use, completely eliminating the point of drive-bys unless the player knows they are dodgey.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

BUT I want to be clear about something. In another K/D thread, someone posted about his habit of looking at the other K/Ds in a lobby, and anytime someone has one over 3-4 he watches them play. He has yet to find a player with a K/D that high who doesn't rooftop snipe, camp, play very cautiously and slowly, etc.

This is me as well. I know mine would be much lower if I mixed it up on the ground more often. I just enjoy sniping. But I think for the K/D to mean anything, it is first important to find out what style of player you are dealing with. They are both legitimate ways to play the game, but affect the way stats should be interpreted. If I had only sniped from the beginning and stayed away from deathmatches, my K/D could be much higher. Because it's that much easier to snipe and not get killed.

If there's someone in the 4s or even 3s who does this on the ground outside of a tank, I'd like to know so I can watch you play.

That was me.

It is really cool that you broke it down honestly. Lots of people do this, along with a combination of other tactics, to keep their KDR up. A lot of people will also use tanks... and leave the session if things look hairy.

The people with the highest PvP KDRs usually will not stand and fight if overmatched or evenly matched even. They will quick join/exit. Or find a new session.

If all you care about is PvP KDR, there are lots of slippery and ultra cautious or bogus methods you can use to keep it going up higher and higher.

With the game's spawning system, I'd bake 50 batches of cookies for anyone with a K/D higher than 3 that doesn't play cautiously.

PvP freeroam usually is this

1.  Player A gets killed by player B

2.  Player A gets revenge

3.  Player B spawns behind player A and kills them

4.  Player B gets in their car of PV and escapes while player A is respawing

5.  Player A chases player B around the map for like 15 minutes in rage

It's hilarious to watch, lol.  If someone kills me, I'll usually kill them back 2 or 3 times to get them to stop messing with me.  And if they pursue me when I take my leave, I'll have to get across the point that they should leave me alone.  If someone kills me and then drives off to Sandy Shores in an Entity, I don't chase after them, especially since stickies are so easy to use, completely eliminating the point of drive-bys unless the player knows they are dodgey.

Yawn

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:31 AM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 18 November 2013 - 03:49 AM.

General

13,889 Kills
2,159 Deaths
--------------

6.43 K/DR

Player vs. Player

3,045 kills

1,528 deaths

--------------

1.99 K/DR

Explanation irrelevant to those with middle school reading skills (TL/DR):

I let friends kill me when I have bounties, and I don't kill them back for doing it. I don't always chase people who kill me for no reason. I have been known to go suicidal and disregard K/DR in certain cases. For example --- kamikaze-Entity-spamming insured-tank owned glitcher scum. Going out of my way on foot, head to head vs. tanks just to take them out with rockets and stickies and grenades to prove a point.

Sometimes, the numbers just don't matter. I just let go.

Whenever somebody has a higher K/DR than me and we get into a fight, regardless of methods, I don't stop fighting them until they leave the session, even if they are going positive on me. This is where I differ from K/DR strokers. The people with the highest K/DRs will leave the session. I notice this every time I go up against them. They don't want to win against you, to dominate you... they just want to preserve their K/DRs.

Anybody with a 2.0 K/DR or higher that plays against me (outside of a tank, if I am too, lol), will see their K/DR go down the longer they stay. This is where... yes, if K/DR is your focus, it is smart to leave.

So in a way, after a certain threshold, I think that a lot (not all) of high K/DR players (definitely anyone over 5), are pussies.

Anybody over 3 is being cautious and using extremely hard to beat methods (tanks, rooftop sniping, reverse super car drive-by killing, etc.) most of the time, if not close to all the time.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

General

13,889 Kills
2,159 Deaths
--------------

6.43 K/DR

Player vs. Player

3,045 kills

1,528 deaths

--------------

1.99 K/DR

I let friends kill me when I have bounties, and I don't kill them back for doing it. I don't always chase people who kill me for no reason. I have been known to go suicidal and disregard K/DR in certain cases. For example --- kamikaze-Entity-spamming insured-tank owned glitcher scum. Going out of my way on foot, head to head vs. tanks just to take them out with rockets and stickies and grenades to prove a point.

Whenever somebody has a higher K/DR than me and we get into a fight, regardless of methods, I don't stop fighting them until they leave the session, even if they are going positive on me. This is where I differ from K/DR strokers. The people with the highest K/DRs will leave the session. I notice this every time I go up against them. They don't want to win against you, to dominate you... they just want to preserve their K/DRs.

So in a way, after a certain threshold, I think that a lot (not all) of high K/DR players (definitely anyone over 5), are pussies.

says the guy who watches weazel news to report glitchers XD

• EyeMacHunt likes this

Trini25
  • Trini25

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:41 AM

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

PVP is 1.64

Overall is 16.11.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:45 AM

Its rising now that I'm learning the streets better. You tend to live longer if you stay on foot especially if you learn the layout better.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

PVP is 1.64

Overall is 16.11.

Geez you must execute the NPCs.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:48 AM

PVP is 1.64

Overall is 16.11.

Geez you must execute the NPCs.
5 star rampages tend to bump that up LOL

Entity9f
  • Entity9f

COYG

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:48 AM

10.64 on new acc. 7.12 on main. I drive my entity around so I have an advantage if some prick shoots at me

LeSuede
  • LeSuede

Donde estan las drogas ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:52 AM Edited by LeSuede, 18 November 2013 - 04:04 AM.

I agree as well, the highest my K/D's ever been was around 3.68. Now I'm quite happy with my 3.20 something. It could be a lot higher if I took it more seriously.

Same as you, if I stayed away from TDM when I was new or from tanks/griefers because I didn't know how to best escape them back then then my K/D would easily be in 4+. But this is GTAO so I don't really care that much about it, I still get killed in stupid ways because I don't try too hard. It's supposed to be fun and insane.

But there are loads of little tricks that can be used to get the upper hand.

For example, when stuck in a sniping match where you know your opponent has your cover angle locked in, the best thing is to call Lamar and send a mugger after them. The mugger will stun them for a few seconds, more than enough for you to exit cover, line up your shot and kill the other player. That works every single time. Of course, you might have also educated your opponent in the process so wouldn't be surprised if he tried to do the same thing immediately. Just watch your back after using that one xD.

Same can be said about mercenaries if your enemy is in a tight corner you can't reach, generally the mercs will be enough of an annoyance for the player that he will exit cover or focus on the AI, enough for you to safely toss a grenade/RPG/ sticky bomb nearby so that the explosion get him.

I'll suggest what is probably the best tip in my mind : If you're locked in a  typical "deathmatch til one leaves the server" kind of thing, where you know wherever you go the other player will follow, then it is capital to control the environment.

By that I mean, stick to areas you are very familiar with. Possibly areas where you have fought before and where you know which passageways players will use to get to you. And keep switching often, get a few kills then move to the next spot before your target learns how to counter-strategize your tactics.

Secret areas like the bank in vinewood or the subways system are prime example of this. Or any semi-elaborate rooftops. Or big parking lot buildings. If the player is more focused on trying to get to where you are than killing you, then you already have the advantage of when to strike. Also never be shy about planting C4 on the route players will go through to get to you. Just hide them properly and time your detonation well.

Always have an escape plan in mind, don't just spam lester's off the radar everytime it gets off cooldown (unless you are clearly dominating your opposition), it can come in handy when the player enters your next trap.

Call the police. Yes. Call the frigging cops on him. The bugger has you cornered and is going to get you with a grenade or explosives some time real soon ? Call the cops on your phone and they will force him to retreat, or at the very least to be stuck auto-aiming the AI rather than you. Just get your sniper out quickly and take him out. Or at the very least, it gives you a quick window to find better cover.

I also recommend the obvious, which is to check the level of your opponent so make an educated guess as to what weapons they might have/not have in their arsenal and use that information to your advantage.

Stop buying body armor and start stocking up on food. You can replenish your HP completely about 7-8 times easy if you've bought the maximal amount of snacks. Hide behind cover and chomp that food. I was even called a hacker a few times because they thought I was cheating to restore my health.

And finally, always use the weapon adequate to the range of your target. More often than not, players stick to their favorite gun rather than switching to the one that is best for the combat range. If your target is at medium long range, then park that rifle and use your MG. If your target is real close, park that sniper ( if you missed him while he was getting closer, don't be stubborn and get your shotty out.

Oh yes, as a last thought. Check your map every time you can. If he uses lester's to go off the radar you have two options. Either stand your ground by getting somewhere that has only one access point and control that spot...or run to another ambush area you know well until the timer runs out. By the time his blip reappears you will be again in an environment you control AND you probably will have your own lester's off the radar to use if you choose to.

I advise not to waste yours when they use theirs as generally you'll be running around like a headless chicken looking for one another time the timer runs out. The best you can hope for is to intercept them maybe once and get a lucky kill. Save it for next time, when it can score you more than one kill.

• stumblebum likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

I tend to not be agressive in free mode and it's gotten me killed a few too many times. k/d is 0.59 and lvl is 217

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

pissing_contest-95691.gif

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

I played drunk last night and went from 25.10 to 22.97.

...yeah, shouldn't be flying when I can't actually feel my face, lol.

stumblebum
  • stumblebum

I am the Liquor

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

Some truly outstanding advice in this thread (LeSuede, AzraelX). Excellent contributions.

My PvP K/D: 916 / 208 = 4.403846

I do my share of sniping, but mostly just play carefully. Playing on the ground is a deathtrap, though. You gotta make use of the many rooftop locations Rockstar has designed in this game if you want to survive. You also must stay mobile. I recommend an akuma -- you can take them unexpected places and have a fast getaway ready. Camping only works for so long, then somebody gets smart and sends in the mercs or gets to your rooftop location with a buzzard.

• AzraelX likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:14 AM

I played drunk last night and went from 25.10 to 22.97.

...yeah, shouldn't be flying when I can't actually feel my face, lol.

Lazer Cannon kills 4,780...

HOW?

ROADSIDE_BUM
  • ROADSIDE_BUM

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:21 AM

Some truly outstanding advice in this thread (LeSuede, AzraelX). Excellent contributions.

I do my share of sniping, but mostly just play carefully. Playing on the ground is a deathtrap, though. You gotta make use of the many rooftop locations Rockstar has designed in this game if you want to survive. You also must stay mobile. I recommend an akuma -- you can take them unexpected places and have a fast getaway ready. Camping only works for so long, then somebody gets smart and sends in the mercs or gets to your rooftop location with a buzzard.

mercs don't count for KDR tho- no big loss dying to them.

General

13,889 Kills
2,159 Deaths
--------------

6.43 K/DR

Player vs. Player

3,045 kills

1,528 deaths

--------------

1.99 K/DR

says the guy who watches weazel news to report glitchers XD

says the guy butthurt in other topics

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

stumblebum
  • stumblebum

I am the Liquor

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:44 AM

No sh*t, sherlock. As stated above, the mercs can distract you or wear you down enough so that the other player can get to you. If you do end up getting killed by the mercs, it makes you feel like a chump.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

No sh*t, sherlock. As stated above, the mercs can distract you or wear you down enough so that the other player can get to you. If you do end up getting killed by the mercs, it makes you feel like a chump.
Last time someone sent mercs on me there was a pile of like 15 destroyed jeeps and merc bodies everywhere lol

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

Kills: 156
Deaths: 254
K/D Ratio: 0.6141732

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:16 AM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 18 November 2013 - 05:28 AM.

Anybody with a 2.0 K/DR or higher that plays against me (outside of a tank, if I am too, lol), will see their K/DR go down the longer they stay. This is where... yes, if K/DR is your focus, it is smart to leave.

Anybody over 3 is being cautious and using extremely hard to beat methods (tanks, rooftop sniping, reverse super car drive-by killing, etc.) most of the time, if not close to all the time.

I have battled you and you quit! You are too predictable

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

People coming in buzzards/helis are way too predictable. 99% of them can't shoot missiles to save their life. Blasterman4ever is one of these people. He came charging at me in a buzzard and I shot him in the face with the combat MG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users