"Other players can steal your cash"

14 replies to this topic
Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

pointless notification, i tried something with my friend lastnight, withdrew all my money and let him kill me.

i only dropped $500, that seems to be the max. and for mugging, $2000 isn't much to be worried about either

what is the point of banking cash? seriously?

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

theres not one. I rarely bank cash. When i get around 200k i bank 100k.

SuperSpartan747
  • SuperSpartan747

The Intel Agent

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

I noticed the same thing, so it could be the way they intended it, but I believe it's a glitch and will be fixed eventually so that the mugger can take more money. When killed by another player, do you drop the $500 from your wallet or will you still drop it regardless of whether you have money in your pocket or not?

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

pointless notification, i tried something with my friend lastnight, withdrew all my money and let him kill me.
i only dropped $500, that seems to be the max. and for mugging, $2000 isn't much to be worried about either

From what I understand being able to steal all a players cash was the original intent. Some that could get online around launch day have said this was true. Since it's been changed I agree the message is a little over the top.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

It probably was meant to be like that in the beginning but they disabled it like they did giving cash bcuz of all the other problems.  It will most likely come into play later.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

From what I understand being able to steal all a players cash was the original intent. Some that could get online around launch day have said this was true. Since it's been changed I agree the message is a little over the top.

maybe it was true, i remember losing all the cash i won from lamar after dying while trying to go to the clothing store

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

God, it would take me all day to withdraw all my money XD

But $2000 is the max you can be mugged for.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

They probable realized that after every mission whoever loaded first would get all the money. would discourage ppl from playing together in missions and stuff without already knowing each other

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

There was an idea before the game started that you will lose all your money in your pockets if you die. Obviously that was just for show.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Losing alot of cash (if you haven't deposited it), is how it is intended.

Reason it's not like that currently is probably due to the rocky start/problems that needs to be fixed first, which is a good thing!

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Yeah it is retarded, Why did they even bother putting ATMs online? I haven't used one yet,

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

can you imagine the whine-fest if you could lose all your money if you haven't banked it? You'd have to build a boat for all the tears. Personal accountability went out the gaming-world window a long time ago.. (unless you're playing Eve)

• Andy_lattermen likes this

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

it got disabled because too many morons would buy cash cards - deposit - be too stupid to know how to bank the money in maze - get killed instantly - lose cash cards

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

As far as dropping money when killed goes, I think that $500 is currently the max but it can be less. A friend got killed the other night and I went and hoovered up the cash, got $13! He didn't have much in the bank at the time, but at least a few thousand. I guess this is all he had on him.

What I want to know is how can you deposit money via your phone? Does it have a slot in the top for you to feed bills into or what?

Tayman
  • Tayman

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

Being able to steal all a players cash is a workaround to not being able to give players money.  So of course it was removed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users