DS4 no go with GTAV

57 replies to this topic
KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

If any of you were like me and wanting to use the new incredibly comfy DS4 with GTAV, sad to say I can't get it to work with it. 

who-dat
  • who-dat

Kim Jong Uh?

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:34 PM

ds4?

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:36 PM

Well that sucks guess I will cancel my pre-order of the DS4.

who-dat
  • who-dat

Kim Jong Uh?

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

oh, that DS4, well the DS4 isn't backward compatible as it is....so of course gta wont work on DS4.

time for me to lace up my A.D.I.D.A.M.S. and hop into my BNW and head out to cancel my DS4 order....

• RPhilMan1 and Scoobroid like this

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

oh, that DS4, well the DS4 isn't backward compatible as it is....so of course gta wont work on DS4.

time for me to lace up my A.D.I.D.A.M.S. and hop into my BNW and head out to cancel my DS4 order....

DS4 is backward compatible for some games and the XMB. I was simply just putting out there that GTAV isn't one of those games.

alexzub
  • alexzub

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

dual shock 4

Troublesome86
  • Troublesome86

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

Dualshock 4.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
  • BIEBERyoloSWAG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

now that we know that DS4 is DualShock4 can someone explain to me what a DualShock4 is?

alexzub
  • alexzub

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

now that we know that DS4 is DualShock4 can someone explain to me what a DualShock4 is?

ps4 controller?

who-dat
  • who-dat

Kim Jong Uh?

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:54 PM

how many people thought OP was referring to the new Playstation 4 (PS4)?

how many people thought OP was referring to the controller for the new playstation 4, the DualShock 4 (DS4)?

hmmm..... 

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by KennethMBB, 15 November 2013 - 08:57 PM.

Sony users would know. Well, sony users who actually pay attention. Its the controller. I didn't think it would be this complicated after all the controller has always been called the DS1 - 4

how many people thought OP was referring to the controller for the new playstation 4, the DualShock 4 (DS4)?

hmmm..... 

I'm pretty sure there is a big difference between p and d. Unless you're dyslexic and saw the letter d turned 180 clock-wise.

alexzub
  • alexzub

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by alexzub, 15 November 2013 - 08:56 PM.

Sony users would know. Well, sony users who actually pay attention. Its the controller. I didn't think it would be this complicated after all the controller has always been called the DS1 - 4

no, it's been called a controller, not DS1-4 :D

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Epic face palm is epic.

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

f*cking hell. Why do people make acronyms for a f*cking controller. Jesus Christ.
  • who-dat and Upggrade like this

alexzub
  • alexzub

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

Epic face palm is epic.

facepalm? you should facepalm at your post, see how many people you confused with the DS4 thing?

or they just fail at trolling and really seem ignorant

Yes, sony users will know, some, not all

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

Epic face palm is epic.

facepalm? you should facepalm at your post, see how many people you confused with the DS4 thing?

or they just fail at trolling and really seem ignorant

Yes, sony users will know, some, not all

You must live under a rock if you don't constantly see articles calling Sony's controller by its actual name so people know which controller they are speaking of from the thousands that are out. Also if you deal with sony, like I said it has always been the Dualshock controller, sh*t even says on the controller in big bold lettering dualshock. You must just be blind.

f*cking hell. Why do people make acronyms for a f*cking controller. Jesus Christ.

Because Sony does this? Haven't you heard, Sony likes using acronyms for their products. Just like the Playstation 4 is the PS4. Likewise with the PS3. Is that too complicated for your little brain?

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

It's been called a DualShock for the last 18 years...

Wanker665
  • Wanker665

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

If any of you were like me and wanting to use the new incredibly comfy DS4 with GTAV, sad to say I can't get it to work with it. 

Long time listener, first time caller. 

I signed up just to say how dumb it was of you to call it a DS4, despite it having the name DS for 18 years. My controllers all say DualShock3 on them, not DS3. Why not say "Your new SA won't work with gta"? After all, the controller does say SixAxis on it. Ridiculous.

• Tony Trollucci, RPhilMan1, who-dat and 2 others like this

who-dat
  • who-dat

Kim Jong Uh?

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

fail.

the dual shock was introduced in Japan in late 1997 and in America since May 1998.

Sonys trademarked controller hasn't been on the (american) market 16 years, let alone 18....

but the OP is a complete asshat 

who-dat
  • who-dat

Kim Jong Uh?

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

hmmm..... 

I'm pretty sure there is a big difference between p and d. Unless you're dyslexic and saw the letter d turned 180 clock-wise.

there IS a big difference b/t P & D, unless you're THAT guy that calls the controller the DS4, when 99% of the population thinks YOU'RE having typos and putting a D instead of a P.

thats what I thought, that you kept hitting D instead of P.

didn't realize that you're MR SONY acronym user....

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by KennethMBB, 15 November 2013 - 09:49 PM.

I signed up just to say how dumb it was of you to call it a DS4, despite it having the name DS for 18 years. My controllers all say DualShock3 on them, not DS3. Why not say "Your new SA won't work with gta"? After all, the controller does say SixAxis on it. Ridiculous.

fail.

the dual shock was introduced in Japan in late 1997 and in America since May 1998.

Sonys trademarked controller hasn't been on the (american) market 16 years, let alone 18....

People like this is why this forum fails. 

Obviously it is a dualshock controller and obviously the controller has the name dualshock on it you twats. I've been saying this, do you read at all? Just like my playstation 3 has playstation 3 on it but yet people call it a "ps3". You guys are making an invalid argument that is beyond useless and that fact you made an account to show how stupid you are is hilarious. This stems from the idiot saying "its called a controller". The controller has a name and its the dualshock and even sony themselves call it the DS4 for obvious reasons they called the playstation, PS.

hmmm..... 

there IS a big difference b/t P & D, unless you're THAT guy that calls the controller the DS4, when 99% of the population thinks YOU'RE having typos and putting a D instead of a P.

Lets not double post you ignorant internet user. Also don't be a hypocrite, looking through your posts you seems to be a big acronym user yourself.

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

I've never seen anyone else use an acronym for the controller. I've always seen it referred to as either dualshock or controller.

Wanker665
  • Wanker665

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

fail.

People like this is why this forum fails. 

Obviously it is a dualshock controller and obviously the controller has the name dualshock on it you twats. I've been saying this, do you read at all? Just like my playstation 3 has playstation 3 on it but yet people call it a "ps3". You guys are making an invalid argument that is beyond useless and that fact you made an account to show how stupid you are is hilarious. This stems from the idiot saying "its called a controller". The controller has a name and its the dualshock and even sony themselves call it the DS4 for obvious reasons they called the playstation, PS.

hmmm..... 

Lets not double post you ignorant internet user. Also don't be a hypocrite, looking through your posts you seems to be a big acronym user yourself.

Please point out one area on the controller where it says DS3. 

In big fat letters of the console it says PS3; so it stands to reason that the general population would address the unit as a PS3. Now if you came on the forum and said "Hey guys the DualShock 4 won't work... blah blah blah" people would have been a little more responsive and possibly positive toward your findings. But no, it's a DS4.

• who-dat likes this

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

I allways just called it a controller? Oh well my mistake.

Oh what's the Xbox controller called? Does it have an awesome name too that sounds like a sex toy?

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by KennethMBB, 15 November 2013 - 10:03 PM.

In big fat letters of the console it says PS3; so it stands to reason that the general population would address the unit as a PS3. Now if you came on the forum and said "Hey guys the DualShock 4 won't work... blah blah blah" people would have been a little more responsive and possibly positive toward your findings. But no, it's a DS4.

You really are a wanker, here is a quote from what I said in a previous post that you are to blind and ignorant to get through your thick skull.

You must live under a rock if you don't constantly see articles calling Sony's controller by its actual name so people know which controller they are speaking of from the thousands that are out. Also if you deal with sony, like I said it has always been the Dualshock controller, sh*t even says on the controller in big bold lettering dualshock. You must just be blind.

Oh what's the Xbox controller called? Does it have an awesome name too that sounds like a sex toy?

Sony has their dualshock and Microsoft has their "xbox controller". They just change the name to xbox 360 controller and I'm assuming it will now be xbox one controller. This is why people call the dualshock a dualshock because the xbox controller is just called a controller. Many people use the DS as an acronym, but apparently this forum isn't that far along or just lazy people who don't get any further with gaming news aside from gtaforums.

don_pepe23
  • don_pepe23

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Rofl

This thread is awesome. Thx for the lulz

P.s.: Proud Xbox user here

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

I just looked through my box of old consoles and your right my playstation controller says dualshock on it.

I looked all over it and there wasn't any bit that references ds1 though.
When you use words like ds4 I just think you are referring to the latest gameboy.

willeyj
  • willeyj

54-46

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

hmmm.....

Oh so that's what cool kids are calling controllers these days. Noted for future reference.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

In my day they were just called controllers mostly or joystick.
I remember joysticks well. f*cking up numerous platform jumps because of the glaring inaccuracies in them.
  • Scoobroid likes this

Wanker665
  • Wanker665

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

You really are a wanker, here is a quote from what I said in a previous post that you are to blind and ignorant to get through your thick skull.

Sony has their dualshock and Microsoft has their "xbox controller". They just change the name to xbox 360 controller and I'm assuming it will now be xbox one controller. This is why people call the dualshock a dualshock because the xbox controller is just called a controller. Many people use the DS as an acronym, but apparently this forum isn't that far along or just lazy people who don't get any further with gaming news aside from gtaforums.

Are you retarded?

Title of thread:

"DS4 no go with GTAV"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users