Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is passive mode completely useless?

53 replies to this topic

Poll: Is passive mode completely useless? (107 member(s) have cast votes)

Is passive mode completely useless to the point that it's not worth ever activating?

1. Yes (67 votes [62.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.62%

2. No (40 votes [37.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote
oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

What do you guys say?  Is passive mode so awful that it's not worth activating?  Or is it useful sometimes against say a guy in a tank?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

I've found it VERY useful against tanks man. As long as you're not standing in the road for other vehicles to run you down, you're good.

BoltActionAUT
  • BoltActionAUT

Supreme Peasant

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

Good if ppl play with explosives , buzzard , tanks

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

In Its current state, it is not worth using. When you bring it up, it only makes you invulnerable to hitscan damage while walking. In a vehicle, or against impact damage, you remain vulnerable and when you die, you will have to reactivate it. 

Just a waste of $100.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

In Its current state, it is not worth using. When you bring it up, it only makes you invulnerable to hitscan damage while walking. In a vehicle, or against impact damage, you remain vulnerable and when you die, you will have to reactivate it. 

Just a waste of $100.

Personally, I use it all the time and it saves me constantly against tanks or groups of guys versus lil' ol' me.  So I have no clue how people are failing so much with this.

• GunWrath likes this

MyBallsHurt
  • MyBallsHurt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by MyBallsHurt, 15 November 2013 - 07:30 PM.

I rarely use it, would be nice if you didn't take damage from getting run over or being shot while in a car.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

I rarely use it, would be nice if you didn't take damage from getting run over or being shot while in a car.

...but you do use it, so that means you voted 'No' right?

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

It is extremely marginal. It CAN protect you, but you won't be able to do anything in the interim so there's not much point.

teagle
  • teagle

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

I use it all the time, it comes in handy quite often. It's especially usefulto use when greifing, I suppose you just need to know how and when to use it.

BoltActionAUT
  • BoltActionAUT

Supreme Peasant

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

I think the only downside is when npc´s are attacking you while in passive mode

Thats what i hate

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

I still find it useful.

Really wish R* would bad sport the f*cking douchebag assholes who kill passive players though (and also passives who find ways to kill others).

• danny7147 likes this

Raylion
  • Raylion

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by Raylion, 15 November 2013 - 08:08 PM.

Not very useful for me.  I can be run over on foot or shot in my car...but...if I couldn't be shot in the car then it would start to be more appealing.

Would much prefer a game session mode added that simply didn't allow players to harm each other, would get more involved with general free roam rather than limit it mostly to crew and friends.  The technicalities of this would probably make it impossible though.

I do go into free roam but it almost always ends in someone not knowing when enough is enough...I change session, same thing happens.  Becomes tiresome after a while.

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

So far, it's looking like the consensus is that people think that it's useless, which frankly boggels my mind considering that I use it regularly.  So what is going on here?  People don't understand the question or that the consensus really is that it's useless (even though that's not true)?

For the people that say they rarely use it, that would mean you DO indeed use it and were voting 'No' right?  Because even using it rarely would constitute it not being completely useless....

DeLuca™
  • DeLuca™

Coding Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

It's useless. I just fight back or run off. Passive mode isn't worth the $100. Might as well wipe your ass with it, it'd do you more good.

• m3i3k3e likes this

Paulisdead18
  • Paulisdead18

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

Not very useful for me.  I can be run over on foot or shot in my car...but...if I couldn't be shot in the car then it would start to be more appealing.

Would much prefer a game session mode added that simply didn't allow players to harm each other, would get more involved with general free roam rather than limit it mostly to crew and friends.  The technicalities of this would probably make it impossible though.

I do go into free roam but it almost always ends in someone not knowing when enough is enough...I change session, same thing happens.  Becomes tiresome after a while.

APB: Reloaded did that quite nicely. Nobody could kill in free roam without consent. All the killing was done in missions.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

I've witnessed plenty of people trying to use passive mode while in a vehicle. I kill them and hear, what I can be killed in passive mode? LOL well yes you're in a vehicle meaning you can run people over so you are very vulnerable.

MrMonkish
  • MrMonkish

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

There is a little game I like to play when using passive mode.

I will have a buddy turn on passive mode, then I will place a bounty on him.  I will then sit across the street or wherever I can get a good line of sight with my sniper rifle, and pick off all the bounty hunters that come for him.  

It is good fun, we take turns in case someone manages to run him over or something.

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

The only time I use passive mode is when I'm bored. I'll walk up to groups of players and flip them off. After a while of me pissing them off they will try to run me over and I find it pretty fun. 

There was one time I had 4 players trying to kill me by running me over, slicing me with helicopter blades, explosives, and trying to pour gasoline on me and setting it on fire. I found a formation of rocks to stand in where I was safe from all of these and continued to flip them all off. 

^This is how bored I am with this game

• danny7147 likes this

danny7147
  • danny7147

PSN danny7147

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

I only use it if I need to get a drink or have a smoke. Switch it on, go somewhere a car can't hit me and done. Agreed with previous comments, it's annoying that it doesn't protect you in a vehicle, it would be far better if it protected you inside it even if it meant ejecting you from the vehicle if it was destroyed.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

If passive mode simply made you non-interactive with other players (Ghosting as you may), then it might be worth 100$. However, with that would come possible bugs involving ghosting vehicles together.

danny7147
  • danny7147

PSN danny7147

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

I will have a buddy turn on passive mode, then I will place a bounty on him.  I will then sit across the street or wherever I can get a good line of sight with my sniper rifle, and pick off all the bounty hunters that come for him.  

It is good fun, we take turns in case someone manages to run him over or something.

Does that work if you're in passive before the bounty's set? I know you can't enter passive if there's a bounty on you but not sure about having a bounty set if you've already in passive....

m3i3k3e
  • m3i3k3e

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by m3i3k3e, 16 November 2013 - 06:47 AM.

Passive mode is useless (but not because it doesn't make you invincible).

GTA online demands agressive play styles to yield success. Those of you avoiding tanks and choppers should see such circumstances as opportunities to better your play. This is not a game format for pacifists.

You should be forced to find strength in numbers rather than cheap methods of avoidance (which passive mode is only the most obvious method). If you cannot evade or fight back, you need a gang. Is it just me, or does the foundation of GTA online form from the concept of creating a criminal empire to butt heads against rival empires?

I think that passive mode should be a joke that when enabled creates a bounty only collected by people in tanks and choppers. :)

Btw, great forums here! Glad I found this place.

MrMonkish
  • MrMonkish

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by MrMonkish, 15 November 2013 - 08:26 PM.

Does that work if you're in passive before the bounty's set? I know you can't enter passive if there's a bounty on you but not sure about having a bounty set if you've already in passive....

Just set the passive mode first, then place the bounty.  It is good fun.  You can't place a bounty if you are in passive mode though, so you need to have someone place the bounty on you, or you place it on a friend after he has turned passive mode on for himself.

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

Not sure how many criminals in real life have face a tank and survived. This ain't fast and furious

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by FJack, 15 November 2013 - 08:29 PM.

I think if "Off the radar" lasted much longer passive mode would be obsolete. Or if passive mode took you off the radar as well that would be nice.

Raylion
  • Raylion

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:31 PM Edited by Raylion, 15 November 2013 - 08:34 PM.

The problem for me isn't necessarily taking on other players (although I generally avoid it - never was a player versus player/deathmatch sort of person) but more being held to ransom by someone who endlessly makes it their mission to stop you doing anything at all.

If I turn on passive mode the only defense I have is to climb on something and wait for the irritating sh*t to get bored and go away.  Fighting back fuels them more so its not worth it.

Best thing is to swap session until the next one comes along.  I doubt I would play if it wasn't for crew/friend sessions to be honest.

Destroy The Orcs
  • Destroy The Orcs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

Passive mode works fine

its stops you from being spawn killed 

If your looking for invincible to everything mode then you suck at video games 

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

It's useless. I was still getting blown up by tank rounds after I put it on. And it doesn't work in vehicles so its like why bother? What am I gonna run to my destination? Fahk no.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:46 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 15 November 2013 - 09:50 PM.

Drive to building -> park near building -> climb on top of building -> passive mode -> take piss/smoke cig/pack bowl/grab drink/eat food -> watch and laugh as people contemplate destroying your vehicle and setting you on fire

Alternatively:

Drive between rocks/telephone poles/highway guard rails -> get out -> passive mode -> take piss/smoke cig/pack bowl/grab drink/eat food -> watch and laugh as people get stuck trying to run you over

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

Learn how to use it, if you don't learn how to use it, I'm just going to keep on tanking you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users