Photo

Special crate drop

21 replies to this topic
Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

just picked up one of these after sending mercs after another clown who was racing me there for the goods, got a trophy unlock, 5000 rp and a free minigun, that thing can literally chew up anything in its path and leave it in flames

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

I believe every Special Crate Drop has the same contents, atleast I think. I've gotten 2 or 3 so far and they were 5000RP and Minigun. Which is fine by me..

Ivan Danzig
  • Ivan Danzig

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

how about a super special crate drop that gives 5k rp and a chainsaw minigun that is a minigun with a chainsaw on it (and a retractable tooth brush to encourage good hygiene)

• withonion likes this

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Got 3 drops, 2 of them contained 1000 RP & 1000 $
Third one even was less iirc

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

You know that minigun will stay with your character so long as you don't die. I've had my minigun since lvl 115.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

5000 dollars

5000 RP

and a minigun...

When I got this one time, I was happy, only because three other people went for it too, but by the time they all got there I was already flying away in my stolen buzzard. It was funny just looking at their blips on the minimap look in my direction and they were all still like they were in disbelief that it happened lol. No they didn't try to snipe me.

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

I am level 101 and never had a create drop when I am playing. Very annoying.

hostaman
  • hostaman

Seasoned GTA Player (Online WTF?)

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Have picked up 3 crates. One had an assault shotgun (my favourite weapon for taking out guys in cars trying to run me over) 2nd had a sniper rifle and 3rd had a grenade launcher.  Can't remember the rp.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

Not once have I seen a crate drop that wasn't a player calling in an ammo drop. Not once and I'm lvl 70+

Moose Thompson
  • Moose Thompson

Lets Rock

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

Some of you guys are confused, there are regular crate drops and special crate drops. The special drops have the 5000RP and minigun.

But, contrary to info in this thread, you lose the minigun if you change servers and you haven't unlocked it yet.

normanself
  • normanself

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

Seen loads of crate drops, but not seen a special crate drop in years (in game)

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

I just saw my first special crate drop but after clearing the area in the green circle it never dropped. Guess I gotta wait until it drops to get close???

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

Level 111 - picked up many many normal crate drops, only ever had one special crate drop (yellow icon instead of the usual green). It had the minigun RP and cash. A friend who is something like lvl 140 has never had even one special crate drop. Rare things indeed...

Special crate drops are mentioned in one of those little box-out things during loading.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

I just saw my first special crate drop but after clearing the area in the green circle it never dropped. Guess I gotta wait until it drops to get close???

I got to mine after it had dropped, but assuming they are like normal crate drops you should just be able to wait in the circle until it falls.

Judas0ne
  • Judas0ne

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

You cant enter the green circle before the crate drop or it will cancel it out.

Ive been lucky enough to score tons of crate drops. Theres an Award for getting multiple drops.

Ive also been lucky enough to score three Special drops. You get $5000, 5000 Rp, minigun and a Los Santos Belle tshirt (for the first time then armor after)

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

Ive been lucky enough to score tons of crate drops. Theres an Award for getting multiple drops.

Ive also been lucky enough to score three Special drops. You get $5000, 5000 Rp, minigun and a Los Santos Belle tshirt (for the first time then armor after)

I've waited in the circle several times for normal drops. Maybe this was pre one of the patches.

Wondered how I got the LSB t-shirt though, was sure I didn't remember buying it...

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

I've only seen 2 special crate drop and got both of them. The first one gave me a gray v neck shirt as well.

withonion
  • withonion

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

Seen only one, sometime in the first week. since then just regular drops and I have top medal in crate chaser and salvaged.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

How do you know when it's a "special" crate drop, and how do we go about getting these?

I've never seen this yet either and I've collected a lot of crates.

withonion
  • withonion

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

True.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by Scoobroid, 15 November 2013 - 11:42 PM.

How do you know when it's a "special" crate drop, and how do we go about getting these?

Post #13 - yellow instead of green icon.

And I have definitely sat in the circle and waited for the drop - even seen it fall out of the sky at the yard by Lester's warehouse (only for normal drop though, not special).

More info: On Xbox and the flare is there before the crate drops.

Judas0ne
  • Judas0ne

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

Post #13 - yellow instead of green icon.

And I have definitely sat in the circle and waited for the drop - even seen it fall out of the sky at the yard by Lester's warehouse (only for normal drop though, not special).

More info: On Xbox and the flare is there before the crate drops.

I've gone to two before the crate dropped and when I enter the green circle it disappears and never returns until the next crate drop announcement and that's always somewhere else. But from the other posts it sounds like crate drops are somewhat bugged.

For the special drops the notification says that there will be a Special Crate Drop and the notification is in gold as well as the icon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users