Photo

Where would you like to travel to?

68 replies to this topic
RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:35 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 26 November 2013 - 11:36 PM.

@Blitz, Useful info, thanks for the contribution :)
  • blitz likes this

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΛΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

Sweden

Sweden

Why? I'm genuinely curious, it's not often I hear someone say we have something they think is worth visiting.

As for myself, ever since playing Vice City, Miami and Ocean Drive in particular has cemented the place on top of my want-to-go-to list. I would really love to see it in real life with all the palm trees and art deco buildings and just feeling the atmosphere in general... I'm also an avid fan of Burn Notice which made me fall in love with Miami even more.

When I said that I was thinking more of places where I would like to live. I've had a bit of a fascination with Sweden for years now. It's a reasonably secular country and it seems like a nice place in general. Not to mention that a lot of my favorite artists\bands are from there. Also, there are demoparties in Sweden.

In all seriousness, the real reason is the women. :lol: I'm joking (all countries have beautiful women), but I do have a thing for Swedish women.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'm gettin by with my wicked ways,
I'm loading up and I'm takin names,
I wanna dig my way to hell,
I wanna dig my way to hell.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

I'm gettin by with my wicked ways,
I'm loading up and I'm takin names,
I wanna dig my way to hell,
I wanna dig my way to hell.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

-Transnistria

-Abkhazia

-Monaco

-Nepal

-Macau

-Hong Kong

-Los Angeles (Again)

-Moscow

-Vladivostok

-North Korea (Not kidding)

-Dandong

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

I've been wanting to goto Yosemite for quite some time now but the trip always eludes me. I've recently been looking at Banff national park in Canada. That looks incredible as well.

Is Yosemite, in California, well known to those outside of the USA?

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by SouthLand, 03 December 2013 - 03:10 PM.

I've been wanting to goto Yosemite for quite some time now but the trip always eludes me. I've recently been looking at Banff national park in Canada. That looks incredible as well.

I have been to Yosemite park (I am from Spain). I was staying at an Oakhurst motel just a couple of nights to visit the park and then move to San Francisco and, it was very nice. I have a nice story which i want to share:

I am from a region of Spain where Spanish is spoken but also, another language called Catalan which is only spoken by about 7 million speakers this said, let me start with the story. I get to Oakhurst, after a long trip from Las Vegas. My family and I did check in the motel and relaxed a bit. We had dinner at a restaurant near by and we went to sleep. The next morning i wake up i go to the motel's breakfast area and i suddenly hear  "Agafat mes cereals que et quedaràs amb gana" (Get yourself more cereals or you will be hungry later on). I was shocked to find people from my region of Spain speaking Catalan in a small town of inside California, made my day absolutely.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:43 PM

I've been wanting to go to Yosemite since I was a child. I remember watching back then a movie or documentary where some guys were climbing El Capitan, as well as my dad's climbing magazines and man, it really amazed me.

However, from what I've seen, the place looks crowded (I guess depends of the time of the year), and way too prepared for people:

Spoiler

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

Not really here in Australia, the first time I heard it talked about and I took notice was about 2 months ago, my cousin has been in the US for some time because her boyfriends family lives there and she was talking about Yosemite national park, it kinda clicked in my head that it was in the US or that i'd hear it before, but it's not really talked about. 
I think I saw a movie once where the plot was that someone was hiding nuclear material in the park and there was heaps of explosions and stuff. 

And of course Yosemite Sam.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users