Where would you like to travel to?

68 replies to this topic
Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Meh

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

A place where cheese is a kind of meat and there are cups.

Opiated_Escape
  • Opiated_Escape

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

Japan - Cat Island, Kishi Station, Kyoto to visit Harizanmai and get tattooed by Gakkin, Yokohama to visit the Horiyoshi III Tattoo Museum and Tokyo just because.

America - New York, San Francisco.

Canada - Vancouver, Toronto, somewhere rural.

China - Hong Kong

Netherlands - Amsterdam for the Amsterdam Tattoo Museum.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well, I've just added to my list Iceland.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

North Korea, Turkey, and Tristan da cunha are places I want to visit. :)

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yes, I hear they are quite liberal out there

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

It's not impossible. There's a tour group that will take you into the DRPK and it has their permission to do so.

Captain VXR
  • Captain VXR

Now Captain Lion.

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

Tijuana - Vancouver road trip via San Diego, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Monument Valley, San Fransisco, Portland and Seattle.

Amsterdam

New York

Tokyo

Munich during Oktoberfest

Jamaica

Dubai

Somewhere in Africa - maybe Ghana or Kenya

Cambodia

Morocco

India, Nepal and Pakistan in one holiday.

etc

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

It's not impossible. There's a tour group that will take you into the DRPK and it has their permission to do so.

LOL I actually looked up holidays there once before, cost an absolute fortune.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

[...]

Morocco

I've hear it gets quite annoying to visit as a turist. There's always people annoying and trying to sell you crap while you are on the street, visiting things and so.

Same happened to me in Tunisia; what a horrible trip... Aside from the fact that it was an organized travel (go there, stop and buy in half an hour some sh*t, go to the other mass-turistic side and buy more sh*t in another half an hour), locals were all the time bothering you trying to sell crap.

As an anectode of it, we had stopped in one of the Star Wars filming locations, which was set in the beginning of the desert and still got the scenery of the movie. That afternoon a sand storm had arised so you couldn't see at some distance. Well, the thing is that locals appeared with mopeds from the f*cking nowhere and followed you trying to sell you colored stones as minerals...

Libya instead was a completely different and better experience. Besides the place is less touristic.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

Tokyo

Los Angeles

Amsterdam

Nonpareil1983
  • Nonpareil1983

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

I would love to go to Japan one day.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

I'm not big on just traveling. I have to have a goal at a destination. Something I can do only at that place, or one of the few places like it. There are a bunch of places where I'd like to dive, climb, or hike. And I really need to learn paragliding and base jumping, because there are fantastic destination for these things as well.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Having visited San Francisco, I've finally seen the one place that I always wanted to travel to.

So, what next? Well, I've always been fond of this place:

machu-picchu.jpg

Machu Picchu looks absolutely beautiful, and I've wanted to see it for years. It just looks so peaceful.

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

USA
- New York
- Boston
- Chicago
- Atlanta
- Orlando (Disney Land, Universal)
- Miami
- Dallas
- Houston
- Seattle
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles

Canada
- Toronto

Germany
- Berlin
- Hamburg

Italy
- Rome
- Venice

Japan
- Tokyo

China
- Beijing
- Hong Kong

Australia
- Sydney
- Gold Coast

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Russia and America (Mostly New York and California)

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:29 PM Edited by Andreaz1, 25 November 2013 - 08:30 PM.

Sweden

Sweden

Why? I'm genuinely curious, it's not often I hear someone say we have something they think is worth visiting.

As for myself, ever since playing Vice City, Miami and Ocean Drive in particular has cemented the place on top of my want-to-go-to list. I would really love to see it in real life with all the palm trees and art deco buildings and just feeling the atmosphere in general... I'm also an avid fan of Burn Notice which made me fall in love with Miami even more.

Tony.
  • Tony.

We need to build a Walmart. And it has to be built quickly!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

Sweden

Sweden

Why? I'm genuinely curious, it's not often I hear someone say we have something they think is worth visiting.
For me, it's the cities, I think they look nice there, like a lot of Scandinavian cities. Especially during the winter. I saw a special on TV about Sweden last year, and I just felt like it'd be a great place to visit.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Having visited San Francisco, I've finally seen the one place that I always wanted to travel to.

machu-picchu.jpg

Machu Picchu looks absolutely beautiful, and I've wanted to see it for years. It just looks so peaceful.

It is amazing. There are usually a ton of people there, though. It is huge, so if you avoid the busy areas it can certainly be pretty peaceful. Choquequirao, while not as large was amazingly peaceful though. We saw 2 (!) other hikers there the entire 3 hours at the ruins.

• Typhus likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

machu-picchu.jpg

It is amazing. There are usually a ton of people there, though. It is huge, so if you avoid the busy areas it can certainly be pretty peaceful. Choquequirao, while not as large was amazingly peaceful though. We saw 2 (!) other hikers there the entire 3 hours at the ruins.
Are the ruins far from population points or are they of difficult access? How long does it take to get up there?

Node
  • Node

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

I would f*cking love to live in America, Los Angeles to be precise, although I'd want to visit most states, If I had the chance I would leave this sh*t hole we call the UK quicker than you can blink your f*cking eyes!

On top of that, I'd like to visit Australia.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:29 PM Edited by Nah Tso Gud, 25 November 2013 - 11:30 PM.

@ RoadRunner

If you're talking about Machu Picchu, it is above a city/town called Aguas Calientes, which is now a pretty touristy location. There are a limited number of passes they give out on any specific day (like 5000) so if you aren't Peruvian you need to order it in advance, non stop bus rides from the city up to the ruins from early in the morning until around noon.

You can also hike to Machu Picchu along the Incan Trail which can be anywhere from a couple days up to a week depending upon your area of departure. We decided against that though, it seems relatively bland; a lot of stairs, but we did do a week long hike throughout the Andes which was amazing and sucked at the same time :D. Very tough, at least for someone living in Minnesota ( low elevation, flat land ).

• Typhus and RoadRunner71 like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

@ RoadRunner

If you're talking about Machu Picchu, it is above a city/town called Aguas Calientes, which is now a pretty touristy location. There are a limited number of passes they give out on any specific day (like 5000) so if you aren't Peruvian you need to order it in advance, non stop bus rides from the city up to the ruins from early in the morning until around noon.

You can also hike to Machu Picchu along the Incan Trail which can be anywhere from a couple days up to a week depending upon your area of departure. We decided against that though, it seems relatively bland; a lot of stairs, but we did do a week long hike throughout the Andes which was amazing and sucked at the same time :D. Very tough, at least for someone living in Minnesota ( low elevation, flat land ).

That second option sounds much better. I've just searched some pictures of it and looks awesome. I hope I can go there someday :)

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Yep, there are tons of other ruins and things to see - Moray and the Maras salt mines are very close to eachother. Ollantaytambo is an amazing little village which is a common place to stay before Machu Picchu, the train stops there between Cusco and MP, Ollantay has some great ruins itself. Sacsayhuaman outside of Cusco was awesome, HUGE boulders that are formed and placed so well that it seems impossible to have been done back then, it confuses people so much that it's even been on that Ancient Aliens show lol.  

Here's a link to another thread that I posted some of my photos in. It's been 6 months since I've been there and I still haven't went through all of the photos lol.

http://gtaforums.com...c/?p=1062622121

http://gtaforums.com...c/?p=1062638832

• Typhus and RoadRunner71 like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

Excelent pictures and thanks for the info!

Captain VXR
  • Captain VXR

Now Captain Lion.

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

RoadRunner71 - I'd be straight off to the Rif mountains rather than staying in some touristy hellhole.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

Yep, there are tons of other ruins and things to see - Moray and the Maras salt mines are very close to eachother. Ollantaytambo is an amazing little village which is a common place to stay before Machu Picchu, the train stops there between Cusco and MP, Ollantay has some great ruins itself. Sacsayhuaman outside of Cusco was awesome, HUGE boulders that are formed and placed so well that it seems impossible to have been done back then, it confuses people so much that it's even been on that Ancient Aliens show lol.  

Here's a link to another thread that I posted some of my photos in. It's been 6 months since I've been there and I still haven't went through all of the photos lol.

http://gtaforums.com...c/?p=1062622121

http://gtaforums.com...c/?p=1062638832

Great photos man! :^:

I love places like that and Machu Picchu is definitely at the top of my list of places I'd like to visit.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:01 AM

St. Louis - I like the look of the city. It'd be a good place to live too, because I have family in that general area.

San Fransisco - Also a pretty city that looks like it'd be fun to visit.

Vancouver - I've always wanted to visit Canada, and I think Vancouver would be nice to visit. A lot of West Canada and Alaska would be on that trip too.

New Orleans - Probably during Mardi Gras. I'd spend time sight-seeing in the bayou after about a day or two in New Orleans.

Paris - Just to see an old European city.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

Dubai.

I've grown to liking middle eastern cultures and such.

Not to mention their growing and interesting skyline.

Paris, UK and the Carribean are also places I'll like to visit some day.

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Israel first and foremost, though I'd feel inadequate as almost all Israeli Jews serve, or have served, with the IDF.

I'd also like to visit Alaska for its beautiful, largely isolated landscapes.

blitz
  • blitz

lit

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

machu-picchu.jpg

It depends on what time of the year you go there. It usually has less people during our summer (your winter), months of January, February, and March. This is awesome because the weather is incredibly nice and every time I go in the Summer things seem to be cheaper. Market stalls in Cusco are amazing, things are ridiculously cheap but very high quality and the people are very friendly. 

There's various alternate routes, however I'd say the Chaski route is the coolest. It ends in Ollantaytambo which is an awesome little village in Cusco. 

Moray and the salt mines close by are also awesome visiting spots and are usually less tourist-y places than Machu Picchu. 

I've been there like 10 times and all of those times I've had fantastic experiences. 10/10 would recommend.

• RoadRunner71 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users