For the players that are so hostile.

95 replies to this topic
SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

Because free roam is the place to have fun, and passive mode only works on foot.
And lol, i am not whining, did i said: "OH MY GERD, YA PPL S*CK 4 REALZ!", no i didn't.
I am just asking them why.

LMAO[/quote]

They ARE having fun.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Because free roam is the place to have fun, and passive mode only works on foot.
And lol, i am not whining, did i said: "OH MY GERD, YA PPL S*CK 4 REALZ!", no i didn't.
I am just asking them why.

LMAO[/quote]

They ARE having fun.

I see what you did there.

IH8PITT
  • IH8PITT

Let's Go Mountaineers

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

I don't get it either. I'll pass someone in a car, honk the horn 2 or 3 times to let them know I don't intend to fire, but they fire on me or follow me and try to blow me up.

Although I get a pretty good laugh when someone kills me while I'm in my Dune Buggy in an attempt to steal it, only to discover that it's a locked PV. Then, they die and I take whatever they drop.

• Wolfhuman likes this

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

lol last night i ran into this level 9 with a vacca coming out lsc and i followed him till he parked in front of his garage,pulled up with my cheetah aside him and honked the horn(i do this often,usually means WHATTUP YO)

i see his character bash the window and starts firing at me with a pistol so i iced him,he asked for it.

as mean as the streets are in los santos i still choose to be non-hostile till one gives me a reason to be.
  • Wolfhuman likes this

daalni
  • daalni

yep, i will stoop as low as you to make my point. suck it.

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:00 PM Edited by daalni, 15 November 2013 - 11:05 PM.

yeah, it sucks.  I hate leaving my apartment and getting blasted by an rpg before I have even fully loaded in... 

however, the reason is, it's built into the game.  and as much as you may not like this answer, it's grand theft auto.  those two reasons combined are the reason people do it.  it's nothing personal, they are just out having fun their way.  is it at your expense?  sure, and that would be a problem, but...

you don't have to play with them.  you can:

1.  find a new session and hope for the best, there are some good ones going on out there where people use honks to signal a friendly intent. 

2.  you can message people before you approach them.  you assume they're just being dicks when you approach, but people have been burned many many more times by letting people approach them and hoping that they're friendly

3.  set up an invite, crew or friends only session.  you can even play solo. 

so while, yes, I understand assholes can ruin games...  this game is meant to be like gta, but online.  if you haven't started a one man war in a gta game, you haven't really been playing gta.  it would be nice if we could get along better, but nobody should "expect" it in a game like this.  and I really do think rockstar did a great job of giving us options to circumvent the assholes. my f/l is still full of people playing and there are generally one or two people from my crew playing whenever I log, so getting a fun game going isn't that hard.

just again.  don't take it to heart.  it's only a game, and it's a game that gives you some great options.  (like putting a bounty on the asshole and watching them run to their apartment for the next 48 minutes giving you plenty of time to play nicely with the others.)

• Wolfhuman likes this

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

I find less and less of those people. Last night was in a full server and we were all chasing this dude who had a bounty.... well one dude got the bounty so the rest of us engaged in a game of frustrated bumper cars because none of us got the kill or cash we were chasing. This lasted for a good few minutes and we all had the honor not to fire a shot, just bash eachother's rides in out of anger for not getting the bounty... 

Anyways... the more I play this game the less people randomly shoot me...

Lately I've been trying to pull other players over in my Sheriff SUV lol they usually hop in and come along for a ride along. 

Spurlger
  • Spurlger

The sperm that got away..

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

When i first started, it annoyed me at most... now i don't give a sh*t if i get killed, 10 seconds and I'm back on the map pretty much where i was killed, no money lost, no car lost. No bother! Maybe a revenge kill if i can be bothered...

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm always cautious when near others. Last night I was following a group of three who were being relentlessly chased down by the police. Followed for a little while (no stars myself) to see how the chase would go down. One guy lost his car. Wasn't sure if I should pick him up or if he'd try to kill me. To my surprise, he jumped in the car and I got him to 'safety' (to a Lazer in the Fort). 

Played around trying to steal jet/plane in the fort with him and the others for awhile...until some random showed up and just wanted to kill everyone. 

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:06 AM

e-thug2.jpg

• Wolfhuman, Str1p3s, daalni and 1 other like this

ViolentRumble
  • ViolentRumble

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by ViolentRumble, 16 November 2013 - 12:08 AM.

I fully expected the op to be about hostile players giving him anxiety attacks

• a20characterusername and Spurlger like this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

Last night i needed to repair my car, with a guy guarding/standing near the location. So i beep my horn for 10-15 seconds to warn him that i'm not there to shoot, and what do you know? Hiding behind his car, starts shooting and kills me...

Now that was just weak, but the part that pissed me off? *insert name* has left...

Assholes on here sometimes.

• saintsrow likes this

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

e-thug2.jpg

lmao no doubt

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

I love killing people. Mostly in the hope that I'll see my name pop up in a topic. No dice yet.

daalni
  • daalni

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

I love killing people. Mostly in the hope that I'll see my name pop up in a topic. No dice yet.

honesty is so damn refreshing.  good luck with that...  i'll keep an eye out for your name.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

Last night i needed to repair my car, with a guy guarding/standing near the location. So i beep my horn for 10-15 seconds to warn him that i'm not there to shoot, and what do you know? Hiding behind his car, starts shooting and kills me...

Now that was just weak, but the part that pissed me off? *insert name* has left...

All the white dots I have seen have been "shoot first and run" cowards.  Except for the ones in the bulletproof cars that come back around and kill you again and again as you respawn.  Cowards, pussies, failures. 

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

Probably because nobody cares to or can remember M6drmg....not too memorable of a GT. 

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

Probably because nobody cares to or can remember M6drmg....not too memorable of a GT. 

It's hardly difficult to remember. I guess those players I manage to kill over 20 times do have the brain capacity of a leaf so I can't say I'm surprised.

Agent00Brandon
  • Agent00Brandon

Secret Agent

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

For me it's just a kill or be killed instinct. I don't shoot everyone who approaches me but most of the time they honk the horn to let me know they're friendly or walk towards you. But if I see someone one speeding towards me looking sus I don't hesitate to kill them. Trust your gut

BoltActionAUT
  • BoltActionAUT

Trick

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:04 AM Edited by BoltActionAUT, 16 November 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Shoot first , ask questions later.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

I don't get it, sometimes i just go and see what people are up too.

Maybe i get to see some cool stunts or wins and fail.

But when i approach them, they start shooting.

If you want to shoot people's limbs off, then death match is a good place to start.

For the people that are doing that, any good reasons?

And do not say that you are trying to defend yourself while nobody started shooting at you first.

You do understand you're asking why people shoot other people in a Grand Theft Auto game, right?

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:55 AM Edited by marco-polo, 16 November 2013 - 01:55 AM.

All the white dots I have seen have been "shoot first and run" cowards.  Except for the ones in the bulletproof cars that come back around and kill you again and again as you respawn.  Cowards, pussies, failures. 

Yup. And when you blow their car up, you get a warning.

You do understand you're asking why people shoot other people in a Grand Theft Auto game, right?

Go play The Sims right?

Some of us like to mind our own business and not interfere with other players. Others just want to be c*nts and just kill in a pointless way to give them a small amount of entertainment.

When you give warning that you mean no harm, even walking unarmed, and they kill you, it's cheap and pretty sad. Get a room with friends you say? Not everyone has a full lobby of friends on at one time, which means you have to suck it up, no matter how frustrating.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Pacino De Niro

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

Seriously, if they have rights to kill other players, then it would be better to do it in Deathmatch.

We, too, have rights to play in peace. So we have Free Mode.

The problem is, these people who like to grief others never want to be considerate, while (i think) they know they're disturbing other people doing their own in-game activity.

I usually send them a text to ask them to stop, because I myself hate grieving other players but they won't stop.

The f*ck is wrong with them?!

• Wolfhuman likes this

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

I drive up to ppl all the time just to see what they will do. Some ppl react funny. I dont care that some ppl just kill me. 500 dollars and im back in a few seconds.  Alot dont have mics and are not sure what to do about the guy following him without shooting. Drive really fast up to someone then just watch them.

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

About 90% of the time when a dot on the map goes out of their way and takes fast corners, etc to come straight to me its usually so they can attack me. So I don't wait to see if they are going to throw a sticky bomb at me or not I just prepare for a battle and always start shooting when they turn that corner ;)

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

I fully expected the op to be about hostile players giving him anxiety attacks

LOL, op is fine.

I'm always cautious when near others. Last night I was following a group of three who were being relentlessly chased down by the police. Followed for a little while (no stars myself) to see how the chase would go down. One guy lost his car. Wasn't sure if I should pick him up or if he'd try to kill me. To my surprise, he jumped in the car and I got him to 'safety' (to a Lazer in the Fort). 

Played around trying to steal jet/plane in the fort with him and the others for awhile...until some random showed up and just wanted to kill everyone. 

Yes, some times it can be a surprise when they realize you there to help.

Yes, some kills are so pointless.

I don't get it, sometimes i just go and see what people are up too.

Maybe i get to see some cool stunts or wins and fail.

But when i approach them, they start shooting.

If you want to shoot people's limbs off, then death match is a good place to start.

For the people that are doing that, any good reasons?

And do not say that you are trying to defend yourself while nobody started shooting at you first.

You do understand that there is another game for shooting off people limbs off?

Righteous slaughter 7

Seriously, if they have rights to kill other players, then it would be better to do it in Deathmatch.

We, too, have rights to play in peace. So we have Free Mode.

The problem is, these people who like to grief others never want to be considerate, while (i think) they know they're disturbing other people doing their own in-game activity.

I usually send them a text to ask them to stop, because I myself hate grieving other players but they won't stop.

The f*ck is wrong with them?!

Its annoying, especially if they shoot at you while doing a in-game activity.

I drive up to ppl all the time just to see what they will do. Some ppl react funny. I dont care that some ppl just kill me. 500 dollars and im back in a few seconds.  Alot dont have mics and are not sure what to do about the guy following him without shooting. Drive really fast up to someone then just watch them.

I some times defend people when i see they are been shoot at.

About 90% of the time when a dot on the map goes out of their way and takes fast corners, etc to come straight to me its usually so they can attack me. So I don't wait to see if they are going to throw a sticky bomb at me or not I just prepare for a battle and always start shooting when they turn that corner ;)

Lol, that moment.

If they shoot at you, shoot back and step in the car.

I bet that Radio Los Santos is on, lol.

Mikerush76
  • Mikerush76

Easy Going Anti-Flaming Supporter!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

Most times its because they are in partys and cant hear the lobby, IMO parties should still be able to hear the lobby if even at half volume, oir at the very least see that they are speaking with that thing over there head..

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Running around and killing other players in free roam is not even remotely entertaining or challenging.

* No skill

* No risk

* No reward

Solution - Join or start a crew and be creative.

Unjust
  • Unjust

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

There was a time where I wouldn't be hostile. But then I just kept getting killed over & over again. Now it's all about shoot first think later.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

I some times defend people when i see they are been shoot at.

And in return you receive a lovely casket and flowers.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:40 PM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 16 November 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Spawnkilling is an asshole thing to do, no argument there, but it's also pretty easy to escape (unless you're stuck in the desert...in which case you're pretty much screwed).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users