Photo

Question about "Down the Drain" tip

9 replies to this topic
sweetrose88
  • sweetrose88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

OK so I have a question for everyone. Ive seen a lot of people suggest having two people (one being yourself) run a race and trade you off winning against each other. This apparently helps rank up, earn money and unlock mods and so on. Problem is ive also has people who would jump and instantly try to report someone for doing this, saying it was a sort of cheat or hack or what ever. So here's my question, can someone honestly get in trouble for doing something like this? it doesn't seem like it should be something to be in trouble for since your spending hours against a person just racing.

GunsForMe22
  • GunsForMe22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

technically, thats boosting.... which is a form of cheating

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

No you can't get in trouble for this, it's legit playing... would be a bit silly if races could only be completed once you don't think ? :p

sweetrose88
  • sweetrose88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by sweetrose88, 15 November 2013 - 02:30 PM.

I keep getting told you can get banned for it. I even run races alone to get the rp points from it and apparently that's still considered cheating -_- I don't know what to believe anymore. it feels like if I do anything on this game at all im going to be banned for it.

Divbo
  • Divbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

If R* allow you to run race after race, then it can't be cheating.  

• Tordenkylling likes this

kama0kazi
  • kama0kazi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:07 AM Edited by kama0kazi, 16 November 2013 - 02:08 AM.

running race after race isn't cheating, but rigging the outcome is. as somebody said, its called boosting and most multiplayer games ban or give you a stat reset if you get found out.

because racing alone or with a friend deciding who will win before the race starts isnt really a 'race' is it?

Los Santos 79
  • Los Santos 79

Knowledge is power and I know nothing. Other than the fact that

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Fcuk me....

Come on people! 

That is NOT cheating.... Formula 1 is rigged and thats allowed.

Its just a game!

The only thing I could see as being possible cheating is what some of the hackers are said to be doing.... But if rockstar made the game with weak code or whatever it is that makes games easy to hack. Then thats their own fault aint it. Dont blame the hackers.

So anyways NO you will not get banned for repeating races over and over again or taking turns at p1 and p2.

Flash525
  • Flash525

Snitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:35 PM Edited by Flash525, 17 November 2013 - 07:36 PM.

running race after race isn't cheating, but rigging the outcome is. as somebody said, its called boosting and most multiplayer games ban or give you a stat reset if you get found out.

because racing alone or with a friend deciding who will win before the race starts isnt really a 'race' is it?

Surely if Rockstar didn't want people racing alone then they wouldn't allow people to do such. The fact that you can (if you so wish) race alone would lead me to believe that Rockstar don't care. If people wish to do that for the RP then it's up to them, a bit pointless, and time consuming but it's still to be done. It's not as if they're acquiring 10k per race.

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:30 AM

Instead of boosting with a friend and trading 10 wins each in a session i'd rather spend that time racing legitimately and maybe getting 15 wins out of those 20 races :p

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

This begs the question:

If i play with my mate, and we're of the same skill level, and say have 10 races, and win 5 each, is that cheating?

If i play with my mate and we decide to f*ck about, having a distruction derby kind of race, is that cheating, if we both win a similar amount?

I think the EULA says rockstar can ban you for whatever the f*ck they want. in short, they could ban you for everything and nothing.

If you're racing in private with a mate, i don't think it matters wtf you do, even if you use cheats or mods - if it's behind closed doors and doesn't affect public sessions, why not?

I dont play public sessions. I hate them. I only play with my mate(s), so if we race, inevitability we'll both win some. What's the solution to that then? play publicly? With wrong-way-racers and greifers etc? f*ck that. If rockstar banned me for it, i'd stop playing the game all together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users