» «
Photo

Does tyre choice make a difference..?

17 replies to this topic
x_-_Robski_-_x
  • x_-_Robski_-_x

Dislocated Member

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:13 AM Edited by x_-_Robski_-_x, 15 November 2013 - 11:14 AM.

I just read this in another thread..

Do the tires really affect driving?

Yes it does - all tire types change slightly from one another. No statistics change but you can experiment and find out that it does vary the way it handles / drives. 

For Example , Offroad effects obvious all terrain better , if you notice once u hit dirt you go faster.

Tuner gives more grip to the street

Muscle gives a more driftier ride , etc etc

..it's an interesting theory, but is there any proof.?

Will off road tyres on my Sultan RS make it a better dirt car than it already is? If I'm using my Bhodi in town, should I be using tuner tyres? It could get expensive switching tyre types to suit conditions.

M6 dRMG
  • M6 dRMG

Umirin?

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

I highly doubt it. I think whichever option is the stock for that vehicle decide how it handles on different terrain. Could be wrong as I haven't tested it but it doesn't seem likely to affect it noticeably.

x_-_Robski_-_x
  • x_-_Robski_-_x

Dislocated Member

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

Yeah I feel that it's unlikely too... but thought I'd throw the question out there.

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Not sure about the different street tires. But as that post said about the off-road, they will make a car preform better in the dirt. I've tried it on a few different vehicles (never my Sultan, might try that tonight) and I've always noticed a change in speed while off-road.

SuperMutantFerf
  • SuperMutantFerf

FERF

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

No, tires do not have any effect on the cars performance, on or off-road.

Until someone posts the code showing the contrary, or a demo video proving it otherwise- it's just a visual modification.

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

No, tires do not have any effect on the cars performance, on or off-road.

Until someone posts the code showing the contrary, or a demo video proving it otherwise- it's just a visual modification.

Whats your take on preformance mods... such as engine and transmission? Simply visual money wasters if the car already has maxed out acceleration??

Ragingpoo
  • Ragingpoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Engine and transmission does increase acceleration beyond the lsc stats bar as the lsc stats bar only show part of it, once you get into a custom race, you'll see the stats bar is longer than what you see in lsc

Psykonaut
  • Psykonaut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

Engine and transmission does increase acceleration beyond the lsc stats bar as the lsc stats bar only show part of it, once you get into a custom race, you'll see the stats bar is longer than what you see in lsc

Right, this I understand, but what about the tires? Which is the discussion. I was simply asking the guy that said tires change nothing how he thought of performance mods...

livejoker
  • livejoker

All About That Face!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

For Online, my favorite vehicle is a Rancher XL and is tuned fully with offroad tires yet my friend in an Engine 3 upgrade with stock tires goes faster than I do offroad. I think the offroad bogging down is dumb, especially on cars meant to go offroad. That said, I doubt tires change anything. Just the looks (such as lowrider having more round/smooth tires while offroad has big chunks on it).

DiAL033
  • DiAL033

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Hmm, if you drive along a steep slope you do not seem to drift as much to the side with off-road wheels, also they do not seem to have as much grip on tarmac as a sports tire. So I do think there are subtle differences, but I wouldn`t bet my life on this ;)

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

All joking aside, my friend was experimenting with tire types while racing, and claims offroad tires give his entity so much more grip, and I'm not gonna lie, I get turbo starts and he still overtakes me off the line.

There might be some truth to this idea.

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

I just read this in another thread..

Do the tires really affect driving?

Yes it does - all tire types change slightly from one another. No statistics change but you can experiment and find out that it does vary the way it handles / drives. 

For Example , Offroad effects obvious all terrain better , if you notice once u hit dirt you go faster.

Tuner gives more grip to the street

Muscle gives a more driftier ride , etc etc

..it's an interesting theory, but is there any proof.?

Will off road tyres on my Sultan RS make it a better dirt car than it already is? If I'm using my Bhodi in town, should I be using tuner tyres? It could get expensive switching tyre types to suit conditions.

i have off road tires on my sultan just because it looks bad ass. :cool: i thought it handled great off road with regular tires aslo.

henshao
  • henshao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:40 AM

The different types of tires can heavily affect handling. Muscle wheels seem to have the least amount of lateral grip wheras Tuner wheels seem to have the most. Go steal a Phoenix, easily the squirreliest handling car in the game and swap out the wheels for Tuner wheels.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

Cool gonna try that on my Vigero which is just as squirrelly as the Pheonix I used to have.
But I have sports wheels on there now and looks so damn bitching.
Pro touring look to it..

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

So many things are in this game with no explaination from Rockstar. Why are we supposed to figure all this stuff out for ourselves?

1CrazyFool
  • 1CrazyFool

More Than Mortal

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

Take a fully modded Carbonizzare round the block with the most expensive out of every single wheel type on it, 1 after the other and then tell me it doesn't make a difference.

I think if you do this you will notice the difference in how the back end either grips or drifts out round the corners very quickly... I noticed a difference by the 1st corner and a couple of crew mates have too.

I'm not going to post a video, just try it and see.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:29 AM

Take a fully modded Carbonizzare round the block with the most expensive out of every single wheel type on it, 1 after the other and then tell me it doesn't make a difference.

I think if you do this you will notice the difference in how the back end either grips or drifts out round the corners very quickly... I noticed a difference by the 1st corner and a couple of crew mates have too.

I'm not going to post a video, just try it and see.

Wait, are you saying the price of the wheels also has an influence?

Luxaholic
  • Luxaholic

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

I did some tests with franklins buffalo and everything seemed around the same though the muscle felt less grippy and the high end felt like more acceleration overall I think they are for looks... (Although id like to believe otherwise)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users