Photo

Is GTA really easy?

9 replies to this topic
Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:51 AM

Something thats been on my mind recently. I've been playing through LCS again on the PS2 and one thing struck me, how goddamn easy it is! Ok so the first island is a peice of piss, but even the so called tricky mission took one attempt to complete. Steering the vote and taking the peace both used to f*ck me off but I completed them very easily to the point where I wondered how I ever used to struggle.

I've completed every GTA from 3 to 5 and everything, but theres usually a challenge in one mission or another but I've not actually got any anymore, maybe I've played it too many times.  There aren't any missions that I actually dread doing anymore. From GTA III I guess Espresso-2-Go gets on my nerves, and from VCS High Wire because it takes twenty minutes to complete but aside from that theres nothing. I used to use cheats to complete each game but now its just so easy. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

GeorgeGTA
  • GeorgeGTA

GTA Master Gamer

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

In my opinion, the hardest GTA is GTA San Andreas, because you have too many things to pass. GTA IV have interesting story.

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

I don't really think the GTA games are too easy. In fact, for me, they are just right. I have no complaints about any of the games' difficulty or lack thereof. Sure there are easy missions just like in any other game, but there are also many tricky/difficult ones.

Imo the flight school missions in San Andreas are some of the more difficult ones in the series, but in every GTA there are missions that I have to do over and over again because I keep failing them.

I can see no difference in the level of difficulty between GTA and other similar games like Mafia, Sleeping Dogs or whatever. Those games are actually easier...

It would suck if GTA was too difficult or too frustrating... It's perfect the way it is, challenging at times, but not overly so.

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Now that you mention it, GTA never really was too hard, nor too easy. The may be among the few games I've played that are just right.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

GTA V makes things too easy IMO by having an overload of checkpoints and being able to skip entire sections of missions. Sure it saves the headache of going all the way back to the start, but I can imagine by GTA VI we might be able to bypass entire missions if casual gamers continue to influence R*'s direction with the series.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

GTA VI will be playing itself and asking you from time to time if you want to play: "Would you like to drive from point A to B? No, okay" "Would you like to shoot these people? Other time? Not a problem."

Perfect difficulty level was in VC for me. The Driver, Demolition Man and Bombs Away were a bit harder than the rest, but it was damn satisfying to finally beat the missions. IV was a bit too easy sometimes, but turning off the auto-aim or even HUD helped a lot. V is child's play for me and that's the thing I'm not very fond of. Skipping parts of missions, putting your car on wheels just like that? C'mon it's game for adults not Barbie in the Neverland. Give me some challenge. Only reason I was repeating missions in V was fact that I wanted to kill enemies to quickly. Turning them into aimbots, which can take your health in seconds is not the way to make the game more challenging.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:29 PM

I find GTA IV to be the perfect middle ground to be honest. It still has its hard moments, but it's not really hair pulling. Not a single mission makes me dread like some other missions throughout the series.

It's got a good balance between easy and hard IMO.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

If you completed a gta game w/o cheats and w/o saving in one try = you not allowed to die ( 100% completion w/o guide ). Then you can say its easy. Ofcourse after 10years and 100 playthroughs you can expect it aint that hard anymore but thats with evrything. I think overall gta games aint that easy since there always some hard missions.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

GTA III was the hardest for me I guess.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

If anything GTA III and GTA VC are the hardest GTA games to date compared to the other ones. The Aiming was so terrible in those games for the PS2. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users