Photo

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

265 replies to this topic
Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:13 PM Edited by Greasepalms, 16 November 2013 - 10:15 PM.

Let's hope they will make something original this time, because previous parts as good they were slowly became copy+paste game.

I f*cking love Uncharted to death, however I agree with this post, 3 Uncharted's felt like one Uncharted in separate instalments, not much really changed, fortunately I found the whole concept of the game to be rather refreshing anyway, so I enjoyed them quite a bit.

This game will make me buy a PS4 sooner than I expected, Uncharted is the f*cking sh*t.

I feel like people sort of bash UC3 for no reason. They definitely couldn't have improved it visually, they almost maxed it out on UC2, so only a small improvement could be made. The story is awesome as well, what's wrong with Uncharted 3?

The story was too similar to UC2 IMO .. find lost city of legend, fight monsters, f*ck everything up and escape with no treasure   ... Plus the firefights were not one bit challenging compared to 1 and 2.

I'm saying this but don't get me wrong, I like Uncharted 3  :turn:

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

Let's hope they will make something original this time, because previous parts as good they were slowly became copy+paste game.

I f*cking love Uncharted to death, however I agree with this post, 3 Uncharted's felt like one Uncharted in separate instalments, not much really changed, fortunately I found the whole concept of the game to be rather refreshing anyway, so I enjoyed them quite a bit.

This game will make me buy a PS4 sooner than I expected, Uncharted is the f*cking sh*t.

I feel like people sort of bash UC3 for no reason. They definitely couldn't have improved it visually, they almost maxed it out on UC2, so only a small improvement could be made. The story is awesome as well, what's wrong with Uncharted 3?

The story was too similar to UC3 IMO .. find lost city of legend, fight monsters, f*ck everything up and escape with no treasure   ... Plus the firefights were not one bit challenging compared to 1 and 2.

I'm saying this but don't get me wrong, I like Uncharted 3  :turn:

You mean UC2*

Okay, I guess I could agree with you on it being a bit of a cliche, but it wasn't bad overall really. Isn't that the point of the game though? Drake always goes on epic and important adventures. But yes, they can refresh it in a lot of ways.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by Secura, 16 November 2013 - 11:44 PM.

It only served to capitalise on the reception that Uncharted 2 had gotten and it never really outdid it in the same way that Uncharted 2 out did the original game, that's without mentioning that pretty much every Uncharted game to date has had some of the most appallingly corny storylines in recent videogame history.

Uncharted has simply never been as good as people have made it out to be, where as a game series like The Last of Us has some serious potential and a f*ckton of good character development as well as an interesting, beautiful world to explore that actually means something to the player and isn't just another shooting gallery where you shoot the same four clones in a row before moving on.

TL;DR: UC3 is heavily overrated.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

so can someone tell me now, what were the first 3 parts all about?

only watched a few walkthroughs, but no idea what it was about

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

so can someone tell me now, what were the first 3 parts all about?

only watched a few walkthroughs, but no idea what it was about

These links could give you a glimpse about the games :

http://en.wikipedia....Drake's_Fortune

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Uncharted_2

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Uncharted_3

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

Now I'm really going to have to buy a PS3, no way I'm going into this blind.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

Now I'm really going to have to buy a PS3, no way I'm going into this blind.

Have fun c:

seriously can't wait for this game *drools*

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:12 PM

Engine Vids

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

Sorry, the videos does not exist? :/

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

What were the vids supposed to be about? And why does it say sorry, it doesn't exist?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:50 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 04 March 2014 - 01:59 AM.

Basically a CGI video from over a year and a half ago was used to fool everyone.(or some)

So no leaked UC4 engine (yet)

P.S: That water does look amazing.

http://www.gamespot....e/1100-6418081/

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

Ahh. So is it likely that the engine will be leaked, or Naughty Dog are guarding it like there's no tomorrow?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:56 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 04 March 2014 - 06:56 PM.

Nah, I doubt it. We'll probably see some other little teaser at E3 anyway.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:55 AM

Lead writer Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog and is no longer working on Uncharted 4

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

And apparently Neil Druckmann and the other The Last of Us guy are going to take the place.

Dunno where that'd go.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:54 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 05 March 2014 - 03:23 PM.

Just read on gamestop she was forced out by two guys who worked for TLOU, f*cking c*nts. At least the game its still being worked on and hasn't been impacted badly. The only thing I can say thougH IS UC3's story wasn't as good as UC2's.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Don't know if it's a good or a bad thing. But the last projects from Naughty Dog (Uncharted Series and The Last of Us) are all great.

And yes, eventhough the third installment of Uncharted was somewhat less... it was still pretty great to play. I just hope they don't focus as much on 'competetive multiplayer' with Uncharted. It was fun, but lost it's touch quickly.

For Uncharted they should focus on co operative modes alot more. And not simply 'just a rerun of the singleplayer with two people'. Great co operative modes can add bigger and better replay value than sometimes a competetive multiplayer mode. 

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 05 March 2014 - 08:43 PM.

Yeah, Co-op missions add tons of fun. Loved the ones Rockstar did for Red Dead Redemption. Where you pick your role within the team and then do the mission. Pretty cool if they do something similar.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

This seems pretty interesting.

Recently bought all of the Uncharted games second hand (along with The Last Us) but the first game is pretty bad. I know it's dated but the combat is so repetitive and sh*tty, and the story isn't very engaging (though climbing about is pretty dope). Apparently the sequel is far better so I'm looking forward to that.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Everytime I see RDR Videos, I want a RDR2 :(
Although Im really bored at this point in the game, I still come back because of the awesome graphics. ( still better than Vs graphics )
Idk, Gameplay-wise, RDR felt better than V imo. Smoother, if thats the right word.

@Topic

Was the MP of previous Uncharted Games any good?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:54 PM Edited by Slamman, 10 March 2014 - 09:01 PM.

It is the one PS3 exclusive that introduced me to next gen gaming, buying my first PS3 for $430, and it wasn't even new!!!

This game for me was a toss up between Uncharted and Kane and Lynch, and I believe Kane and Lynch success aside, lack thereof, the premise is still appealing, no doubt in my mind, but the graphics and the demo I played proved unsatisfying and I think Naughty Dog making that game would be the right missing ingredient .

I'm worried if you're invested in PS3 and Xbox360 for another 5 years, I would hope it outlives even the projected 10 year life span Sony would be happy with. Microsoft is currently thinking of expanding Windows XP coverage for businesses that still rely on the OS introduced in fall of 2001. This is somewhat uncharted territory in and of itself. Who's to say if we're all forced to upgrade, Ultra HD 4K is the future of video, and we know current tech cannot bring that to us.

The PS Vita has a long ways to go to prove it's merit alongside PSP.

Above RDR discussion is somewhat misplaced in THIS topic, but I concur with the Multiplayer so hard to top the second RDR revision. Red Dead Revolver is really a rough template to anything out today. I finally got that game but haven't finished playing it, it just leaves me longing for the same fun in RDRedemption.

I disagree that Uncharted's first release is a fail or disappointing, other then a very slow story introduction, but far more true to life. I think the disappointment for players stems from once the action starts, you're tracing your way back over familiar terrain 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

Basically a CGI video from over a year and a half ago was used to fool everyone.(or some)

So no leaked UC4 engine (yet)

P.S: That water does look amazing.

http://www.gamespot....e/1100-6418081/

yes, those videos were faked. You posted the original.

was too good to be true

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

Everytime I see RDR Videos, I want a RDR2 :(
Although Im really bored at this point in the game, I still come back because of the awesome graphics. ( still better than Vs graphics )
Idk, Gameplay-wise, RDR felt better than V imo. Smoother, if thats the right word.

I agree with you. It had better gameplay mechanics like the quick-access inventory by pressing Select or so. You could easily use the bandana via that or pitch a tent or simply use some medicine, etc. It was so cool and I liked the Honor & Fame system a lot, wish that would've been back in some way in V but sadly not. The graphics are amazing and the game runs so smooth on PS3 - unlike GTAV - ragdoll was at its perfection and the game is still fun with stuff to do in every corner of the great map. Although I'm hoping for Bully 2 before the next Red Dead game, it would be too early imo.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:20 AM Edited by Flynny, 10 June 2014 - 04:22 AM.

We got something, worth a bump. E3 trailer Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

I lost my sh*t when I saw the Naughty Dog logo, let the speculation commence. Those graphics man.

So the title, Nate's end? another thief? sully? or is it just like a big pirate graveyard he's 'stumbled' into. Seems like a lot of time passed and he went into retirement.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

Dialogue in the trailer made it clear Drake didn't have much of a choice getting involved ln whatever's going on. Something happened to Elena, perhaps?

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

Was hoping for more than just a 10 second trailer, but still pumped as hell, even more since I just joined the PS4 family last week!

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

Was hoping for more than just a 10 second trailer, but still pumped as hell, even more since I just joined the PS4 family last week!

Having access to the gloriousness that is Naughty Dog is a primary reason I went PS4 this gen. Uncharted 4 will be awesome.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

tad more than ten seconds but I get what you mean, gameplay would be nice, maybe we'll get that soon, like gamescom or something. I doubt it is ready now, they had a few delays. If the free running becomes smoother like in assassins creed Unity then we are in for a real treat

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:50 AM

So the title, Nate's end? another thief? sully? or is it just like a big pirate graveyard he's 'stumbled' into. Seems like a lot of time passed and he went into retirement.

They aged him quite a bit, which makes me think they are setting up something big. They keep saying "one last time", I'd guess it's Sully who dies. The time gap would still allow a prequel to be made using Sully for Uncharted 5 or something along those lines. They'll fill in the time gap somehow, no matter who dies this time. I can't see them ending the series.

It's sort of interesting to go back and listen to the dialogue from the first teaser trailer. "I lost 15 years" maybe that's related to the aged look of Drake. It does seem as if he isn't out to steal anymore and is after something else, thus ending the "thief".

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Looks f*cking amazing! :O

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users