Penis is hard.

• *MURDOC* likes this

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

Excited for the game, kinda disappointed that it was the only big reveal.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

Well at least now I have a reason to get PS4. I didn't before this.

jperkovic
  • jperkovic

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

I'm guessing large number of people will buy PS4 because of this game. We all knew we would buy it some day, but so far there was no such a PS4 game in particular that made you say: "This is the game which will make me go next-gen". Well, this could be the one.

It was pretty impressive what they did with Uncharted on PS3, so I can't wait to see this.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

TLoU DLC reveal and then this, oh I love Naughty Dog

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

So, we're going back to the Elizabethan era along with Francis Drake?

It seems to have a more serious vibe to it. That's promising. I'll enjoy it thoroughly if they put the cheap Hollywood cliches aside known from the original trilogy, and replace them with believable events and a bit more mature storytelling. And for heaven's sake, I hope the game will incorporate as much of exploration and puzzles as possible, with as little of poor shooting sequences as it should be. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was simply a nightmare with its horrible action mechanics. It was supposed to be a Indiana Jones game, when all you actually got was a motherf*cking Gears of War in an adventurish stylization...

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

Let's hope they will make something original this time, because previous parts as good they were slowly became copy+paste game.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Very excited for this. Loved all previous Uncharted games but please, no more shooting - at least not more than 30-40% of the entire story. Can't wait for more details!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

From the Name ( without a 4 ) and the Trailer, I would say its an all new setting and story plus characters.

SOme already say it has something to do with pirates.

Btw:

I never really played UC1-3 myself as I dont have an PS4, but watched some videos.

Someone can explain to me the story of those?

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by Greasepalms, 15 November 2013 - 12:44 PM.

Uncharted games but please, no more shooting - at least not more than 30-40% of the entire story. Can't wait for more details!

What.

UC3 needed more shooting man, f*ck off trying to ruin good games. Go play GTA V, good game for scrubs.

UC 1 had it just right. Enemies were plentiful AND difficult. It seems developers nowadays are scared of that last word.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by Freakorama, 15 November 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Uncharted games but please, no more shooting - at least not more than 30-40% of the entire story. Can't wait for more details!

What.

UC3 needed more shooting man, f*ck off trying to ruin good games. Go play GTA V, good game for scrubs.

UC 1 had it just right. Enemies were plentiful AND difficult. It seems developers nowadays are scared of that last word.

Uncharted 2 was my favorite game because it had the most shooting sections.

The puzzle elements in uncharted were never that strong and that's where UC3 fell apart because there was just too much walking around and not enough action.

The puzzle crap is okay the first time through but there is absolutely no challenge to them the second time around which makes the game tedious for multiple playthroughs whereas the combat sections are challenging and fun every time.

• *MURDOC* likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

So is this a port of the original uncharted to the ps4? Or a new game?

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

So is this a port of the original uncharted to the ps4? Or a new game?

Well judging by the teaser i'd say a new game with new characters and a new story but still in the same universe as the old ones

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

Looks like it's set in Madagascar. I'm still not getting a next-gen console close to release though, but when I get a PS4, I will get this game.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

I wasn't sure about buying a PS4 because there wasn't any games that I was looking forward to, besides Watch Dogs but I'd probably just buy that for the PS3. So, I guess I have a reason to buy a PS4 now.

As for the series.... UC1 was perfect to me. I didn't really enjoy UC2. UC3's exploration of the character's backstories made it very enjoyable.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Before the celebration

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

What.

Uncharted 2 was my favorite game because it had the most shooting sections.

The puzzle elements in uncharted were never that strong and that's where UC3 fell apart because there was just too much walking around and not enough action.

The puzzle crap is okay the first time through but there is absolutely no challenge to them the second time around which makes the game tedious for multiple playthroughs whereas the combat sections are challenging and fun every time.

I agree, puzzles got boring once in a while. The combat is where it's at.

Having just finished Drake's Deception and enjoyed it, I think I'll add this one to my list as well.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by Flynny, 15 November 2013 - 10:24 PM.

So, we're going back to the Elizabethan era along with Francis Drake?.

I very much doubt it. "Every betrayed us all"

Maybe referring to Henry Every, going by the map, who was way after Elizabeth I's time

(where the f*ck did that come from?)

I'd say that's possibly our historical hook for the game. Will it feature drake? maybe not but hope so, I would like to find out more about this. 

I reckon that voice over is by the antagonist, maybe a former apprentice of sully's before Drake (assuming the old characters are in it)

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

So, we're going back to the Elizabethan era along with Francis Drake?.

I very much doubt it. "Every betrayed us all"

Maybe referring to Henry Every

I just read his wikipedia; I could easily see an interesting story coming from his life, his connections with Governor Sir Nicholas Trott, and lastly the pirate utopia that is in Madagscar. The writers of Uncharted know how to make these stories enticing.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

I really would not like this game if it was set in a historic setting.
Hopefully it would just be a section of the game, but the whole thing like that sounds terrible.

I tend to only like games with a modern setting.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

Imagine hopping around with battle axes and crossbows and muskets. :D

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

Freakorama, were you referring to my post? Because I didn't mean that it should set in the past either just that storyline of Henry Every could make for a good adventure, just like UC1 followed the "story" and "map" of Sir Francis Drake's mysterious voyage but set in modern times. I do hope it's still the same characters we've come to know throughout the series. 

I wouldn't mind flashbacks or a chapter in the past for fun, but modern is the best way to go when it comes to Uncharted.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

Let's hope they will make something original this time, because previous parts as good they were slowly became copy+paste game.

I f*cking love Uncharted to death, however I agree with this post, 3 Uncharted's felt like one Uncharted in separate instalments, not much really changed, fortunately I found the whole concept of the game to be rather refreshing anyway, so I enjoyed them quite a bit.

This game will make me buy a PS4 sooner than I expected, Uncharted is the f*cking sh*t.

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

I really would not like this game if it was set in a historic setting.
Hopefully it would just be a section of the game, but the whole thing like that sounds terrible.

I tend to only like games with a modern setting.

Going by past uncharted games this historical element will most likely be just back story to whatever crazy treasure ''Drake'' (or someone else) is after. But set in the modern day

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

I am really hoping that Naughty Dog have taken the lessons they learnt from The Last of Us and incorporate a far more interesting, dark and mature narrative than that which has been seen in previous Uncharted games. Their general corny satire and Hollywood-esque cliches have really made the series a guilty pleasure to playthrough rather than an interesting experience.

This seems to be taking a darker turn though, and I for one couldn't be happier.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

I...am...f*cking....stoked!!!!

But obviously, as people have noticed, it doesn't say 4. Either they are messing with us, or it is a new story with a new setting. It's Naughty Dog so I have faith!!!

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

It was recently said by some man from Naughty Dog, that the title of this game is still "TBD". We can expect it to have a subtitle. Or even a number.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 16 November 2013 - 09:56 PM.

I also thought of something else. What if the guy talking is Dante from Golden Abyss? Because Golden Abyss, although not on the flagship Playstation console, is on the abyss, it is still in the same universe. Similarly, this could be carrying on from Golden abyss.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

I also thought of something else. What if the guy talking is Dante from Golden Abyss? Because Golden Abyss, although not on the flagship Playstation console, is on the abyss, it is still in the same universe. Similarly, this could be carrying on from Golden abyss.

It isn't him, that's not his voice

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I f*cking love Uncharted to death, however I agree with this post, 3 Uncharted's felt like one Uncharted in separate instalments, not much really changed, fortunately I found the whole concept of the game to be rather refreshing anyway, so I enjoyed them quite a bit.

This game will make me buy a PS4 sooner than I expected, Uncharted is the f*cking sh*t.

I feel like people sort of bash UC3 for no reason. They definitely couldn't have improved it visually, they almost maxed it out on UC2, so only a small improvement could be made. The story is awesome as well, what's wrong with Uncharted 3?

• Ibrahimhassounah likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users