Photo

Mystery of hidden room under fort

17 replies to this topic
SpikeTheDirtdog
  • SpikeTheDirtdog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

I have been all over the the map from underneath with a helicopter and not to sound like a buzz kill....but there is nothing that stands out or I can see as a extra space below any buildings including the fort and elevator theory.

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

I have been all over the the map from underneath with a helicopter and not to sound like a buzz kill....but there is nothing that stands out or I can see as a extra space below any buildings including the fort and elevator theory.

That elevator might be for a cutscene or something in the future as a dlc.

• THConer likes this

Stinky_Soap
  • Stinky_Soap

Stinky_Soap

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

If you go into online, in the fort zancudo bunker with the elevator in it, then exit to playstation store you can see the elevator doors open

THConer
  • THConer

FIB Crew Commissioner

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:59 PM Edited by THConer, 01 December 2013 - 06:59 PM.

That elevator might be for a cutscene or something in the future as a dlc.

I Believe that

CL60
  • CL60

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

People seriously still don't understand that the game doesn't load things unless you go into them the correct way?

SpikeTheDirtdog
  • SpikeTheDirtdog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

CL60 if that's the case I wouldn't see the tunnel under the map were you go under water and cut the iron grate and swim in tunnel. I can see that

ImperiumSineFine
  • ImperiumSineFine

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

lol, no idea.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

People seriously still don't understand that the game doesn't load things unless you go into them the correct way?

CL60 if that's the case I wouldn't see the tunnel under the map were you go under water and cut the iron grate and swim in tunnel. I can see that

@Spike, you can see the tunnel because it isn't an interior. Interiors are being loaded when a trigger is loaded the right way. Just like the Humane Labs, when you get in, it's a empty room, until you jump back into the water and swim to the point where you enter it with the mission, then all the walls and texture loads.

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:44 PM Edited by ZancudoTakeover, 02 December 2013 - 10:46 PM.

@Spike, you can see the tunnel because it isn't an interior. Interiors are being loaded when a trigger is loaded the right way. Just like the Humane Labs, when you get in, it's a empty room, until you jump back into the water and swim to the point where you enter it with the mission, then all the walls and texture loads.

Not totally true for everything - Look at youtool under the map.  You can even see cash registers if you get up close enough.

The other way to tell is collision damage.  Means there is a floor somewhere to walk on.

But yeah, I agree glitching wont show everything.  There are ways to speculate where you could walk if something opened, but its just speculation

gA8cEdEh.jpg

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

Not totally true for everything - Look at youtool under the map.  You can even see cash registers if you get up close enough.

The other way to tell is collision damage.  Means there is a floor somewhere to walk on.

But yeah, I agree glitching wont show everything.  There are ways to speculate where you could walk if something opened, but its just speculation

gA8cEdEh.jpg

True but this is probably a non enterable store and hasn't a 'real' interior. 

interdpth_
  • interdpth_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:41 PM

gA8cEdEh.jpg

That's because you're looking at a store the player can peek into that's just there for immersion.

ZancudoTakeover
  • ZancudoTakeover

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

gA8cEdEh.jpg

That's because you're looking at a store the player can peek into that's just there for immersion.

Then what about other stores? michaels house?  the interior loads in those places as well if you are close enough. That shows both enterable and non-enterable places you can get the interior to load under the map. 

Stuff a cutscene loads to (north yankton, prologue) we found the triggers in the debug coords file.  They are in the far extreme bottom right of the map that you cant get to.  Other areas like the humane labs are a bit strange not triggered unless you are in the mission. 

IMjWAyMh.jpg

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Stuff a cutscene loads to (north yankton, prologue) we found the triggers in the debug coords file.  They are in the far extreme bottom right of the map that you cant get to. 

Nice, I was wondering if that was on the map somewhere. Someone had a glitch for going as far as you want into the ocean using the Skyfall cheat repeatedly, I might try that and see if I can spot or land on Yankton.

It's also possible to take the jumbo jet to its maximum altitude, and then fly past the edge of the map. It will get pretty far past the edge after its engines give out, just from gliding.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Stuff a cutscene loads to (north yankton, prologue) we found the triggers in the debug coords file.  They are in the far extreme bottom right of the map that you cant get to. 

Nice, I was wondering if that was on the map somewhere. Someone had a glitch for going as far as you want into the ocean using the Skyfall cheat repeatedly, I might try that and see if I can spot or land on Yankton.

It's also possible to take the jumbo jet to its maximum altitude, and then fly past the edge of the map. It will get pretty far past the edge after its engines give out, just from gliding.

I think the ocean is endless, just like in GTA IV. I think it will be generated and generated as long as you don't touch the water.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

But in GTAIV, wasn't it the case that you could fly as long as you wanted past the "border," but once you turned around you simply hadn't traveled past the border at all? For example, you could fly for an hour but you'd never get further from the city, you'd turn around and still be right at the border of the map, a simple programming trick.

I seem to recall it being like that.

This game stops you from going beyond the border with engine failures and sharks, but if you do go past the border you keep traveling and actually increase the distance between yourself and the game world. It seems to be programmed quite differently.

pudcrud
  • pudcrud

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

So , you are saying that the developers of the game had an entire map to place a UFO anywhere they wanted, and they randomly chose to place itexactly where it could just randomly shine its beam down on a small nondescript bunker which inside there is an elevator, with doors that open (in a game severely lacking in doors that open )?
  • backfromthestorm likes this

MrMunchs
  • MrMunchs

Peon

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

So , you are saying that the developers of the game had an entire map to place a UFO anywhere they wanted, and they randomly chose to place itexactly where it could just randomly shine its beam down on a small nondescript bunker which inside there is an elevator, with doors that open (in a game severely lacking in doors that open )?

One day after playing in mp switched to sp and Michael spawned at my online apartment, I could go out from the main door and headed to the elevator, the doors opened and when I walked inside the doors closed but nothing more.

Trevor's rampage
  • Trevor's rampage

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

I'm new this kinda relates to fort zancudo but its about the spaceship above it I landed on it and was looking around and there are red footprints around the outside edges of it not sure if anyone found this but thought I'd post it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users