Photo

Free roam might be the biggest mistake of Online

91 replies to this topic
awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

It obviously distracts people from actually playing the game and interacting with other players. I've been changing sessions and hosting deatmatches and races for the past 30 minutes hoping to find some players, but no luck.

And I have absolutely no idea what most of the players see in cruising around the city. I suppose it's fun in the beginning, even though we all explored the map in singleplayer, but I'm talking about sessions that are filled with 60+ ranks. What keeps these players just screwing around? Robbing stores and selling cars gets old really fast, nobody does impromptu races and most of the players are not even killing each other.

I have also tried joining jobs, but appereantly there are no games to be found for deatmatch on the maps I enjoy, and races are usually set to 1 lap.

So really, what's the appeal of free roam in online?

Trenchfoot321
  • Trenchfoot321

DON'T HATE ME 'CAUSE I'M BEAUTIFUL, N**GA

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

LOLOLOL

• Wolfhuman, DannyMan and Andy_lattermen like this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

Apparently you don't have many friends to play with because playing with friends in free roam horsing aroundmissions by a mile

• Judas0ne, GTAVTheHeat, Lagful and 2 others like this

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

Free roam is the core of gtao, they should flesh it out and make it more interesting if they want people to keep playing - not get rid of it ...

• Hamsterbaffle, M210F, Ren Fujin and 1 other like this

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:42 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 15 November 2013 - 01:43 AM.

I usually lone wolf in free roam and I still manage to have fun (now that the lobbies aren't almost empty for me anymore). With friends it's even better.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

Free roam is good just a few things can be tweaked for a better experience. But yeah its actually a pretty nice thing overall

ZeroDivision
  • ZeroDivision

Veteran Survivor

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

Wouldn't mind a few more things to do in Free Mode besides jacking cars, robbing stores, stealing crates from arms dealers/other players, blowing up armored trucks, running from the cops, running a marathon, or engaging in all the things you can do with other players...

Actually, I take it back. Free Roam is fine.

rocky533
  • rocky533

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

Free roam by yourself, is boring.

Free roam with 3-4 crew or friends is much more fun.

I do missions unless there are other crew members on the map, Getting RP for just getting in the same car is nice, as is impromtu races with them.  Closest thing we have to a race creator right now.  We do drag racing, we go on 5 star police chases together, we steal tanks, or jets.  Without them i would not play free roam.  

• M210F likes this

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by W3BB13, 15 November 2013 - 01:50 AM.

It obviously distracts people from actually playing the game and interacting with other players. I've been changing sessions and hosting deatmatches and races for the past 30 minutes hoping to find some players, but no luck.

And I have absolutely no idea what most of the players see in cruising around the city. I suppose it's fun in the beginning, even though we all explored the map in singleplayer, but I'm talking about sessions that are filled with 60+ ranks. What keeps these players just screwing around? Robbing stores and selling cars gets old really fast, nobody does impromptu races and most of the players are not even killing each other.

I have also tried joining jobs, but appereantly there are no games to be found for deatmatch on the maps I enjoy, and races are usually set to 1 lap.

You need some friends on your list who are willing to play with you.

You can't expect everyone on GTAO to want to play the same exact game mode as you at the same exact time that you want to play it.

It has nothing to do with free roam.

Plus, there's a lot more things people could be doing in free roam other than just cruising around aimlessly. They can be robbing stores, modding their vehicles, trying out their new vehicles/mods, taking crew pics or just generally messing around with their crew, etc.

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

That's the main draw for the majority of the people lol.  You get rid of that you get rid of Gta online

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:55 AM Edited by awxb, 15 November 2013 - 01:57 AM.

I get it, but there is only so much you can do. And each of the tasks you mentioned are repetitive (or does someone actually find robbing a store, getting a crate or attacking the truck more than 3 times per day interesting?). Well, I guess I'm the only one that finds screwing around with friends boring after an hour or two, but each to their own ...

• QuietJosh likes this

Plug In Baby81
  • Plug In Baby81

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:04 AM

Apparently you don't have many friends to play with because playing with friends in free roam horsing aroundmissions by a mile

^^^
with friends and a crew this game is a blast online (at least for me)

Plug In Baby81
  • Plug In Baby81

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

I get it, but there is only so much you can do. And each of the tasks you mentioned are repetitive (or does someone actually find robbing a store, getting a crate or attacking the truck more than 3 times per day interesting?). Well, I guess I'm the only one that finds screwing around with friends boring after an hour or two, but each to their own ...

more like you have boring friends... lol

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

This. You have an open world filled with a large amount of possibilities and you are bored? Sounds like you guys are just boring.

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Without freeroam when would you upgrade your cars or buy new clothes and stuff.

Or go to a nice spot and snipe some random fools.

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:09 AM

This. You have an open world filled with a large amount of possibilities and you are bored? Sounds like you guys are just boring.

Please enlighten me with some fun possibilites that I'm unaware atm.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Biggest mistakes of GTA O

Can't customize lobbies (no friendly fire free mode option, weapons...)

Trying to make an economy

Cash cards

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

Its just fun to roam around the city, watching some fails or wins here and there from other players.

Also some people like to role play, it's just so fun.

I liked gta 5 online from the start because it had much more to offer than gta iv online.

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

free roam is the heart and soul of gta online. endless hours of fun just goofing around. 

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

I like helping really low levels.
I like protecting them when someone fuçks with them, I like letting them drive my cars, I like dropping weapons for them, and it's really fun.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

Biggest mistakes of GTA O

Can't customize lobbies (no friendly fire free mode option, weapons...)

Trying to make an economy

Cash cards

Yeah well, its the rules of the game. Don't like it, don't play.

Lunytunes
  • Lunytunes

Dat Angry AZs Gerbil

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

You need a crew or friends to enjoy free roam. Playing by yourself gets old fast... I like playing with people who just started because they find everything fascinating, like, I'll have more fun robbing a store with a new player than I would doing any mission on the game. 

All of the missions are rinse and repeat which gets old, especially when the AI is your enemy. 

Races... People suck at driving so they tend to be car crashes 

Survival got old rather fast

Some multiplayer missions are fun, but not many...

• HeavySaucer likes this

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:49 AM Edited by SecludedMemory, 15 November 2013 - 02:53 AM.

The possibilities are pretty much limited by the people you're playing with. If you're playing with a crew/some friends, preferably with microphones, and the server isn't plagued with too many sh*theads (but it can always be fun to have one or two to rally against) free roam can be a f*cking blast just interacting with other randoms. Bounties are definitely the best thing about it. 

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 15 November 2013 - 02:55 AM.

Free roam is like the coliseum was in Rome.

What would be awesome is if the missions could be started IN free-roam, with everyone else present. You would have an option to choose...

Standard Mission
or
Free-roam Mission

Now that would be bonkers.
  • Hamsterbaffle, Ren Fujin, RAS_ZeroZ and 2 others like this

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

That "distraction" as you call it is, well ... those other players actually playing the game and having fun ... or they wouldn't be doing it.

Personally, I always grab my Buzzard as soon as I get into a session and go after bounties or look for someone delivering a car for Simeon. If there aren't any, I'll track a high level player and go blow up his PV because it's usually a high octane chase ... and 9 times out of 10, I succeed. I might even put a bounty on him so that he has to pay the insurance when I destroy his car. Or I'll turn the chat to everyone and go after some idiot kid screaming into his mic or some moron saying nigga or fa**ot twenty times in a minute.

The other day, two guys were chasing me and I got out and killed them. We battled for five minutes, and then I put a sticky bomb on their PV and hid. As soon as I saw the "2" appear on the car, I blew it up and had the last laugh.

So, yeah ... still fun.

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:58 AM Edited by awxb, 15 November 2013 - 03:01 AM.

Wouldn't mind a few more things to do in Free Mode besides jacking cars, robbing stores, stealing crates from arms dealers/other players, blowing up armored trucks, running from the cops, running a marathon, or engaging in all the things you can do with other players...

Actually, I take it back. Free Roam is fine.

These are mostly things from the singleplayer. Adding a friend or two doesn't make them any more fun - in fact it makes them worse, because they were made for 1 player.

Like why would I have someone waiting in the car before the store if the cops don't even arrive that quick. I can do this just fine on my own ... if not better.

Free roam is like the coliseum was in Rome.

What would be awesome is if the missions could be started IN free-roam, with everyone else present. You would have an option to choose...

Stanard Mission
or
Free-roam Mission

Now that would be bonkers.

Exactly. That's where I'm getting at. Also darts and other activities. Its stupid that you cant trigger them with a friend, instead 1 has to host and hope that the other one joins sooner than some random player. And that makes the whole point of free roam at default pointless. It would in fact be better if you have gametypes in main menu and 'free roam' was one of the options. Therefore you could host a job and get players much faster, while free-roamers could still mess around.

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

I have played 4d9hrs and i'm still only just level 32 with 0mins in DM and 25mins in races.

If i want to race i will play GT5/6 if i want to shoot i will play BF4/COD if i want have all round fun and a good laugh i will play GTA5.

It not it's biggest mistake it's the biggest draw, exactly why me and millions of others bought it.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

Mmmm... free roam is still awesome.

And blackrooster... I like your style.

awxb
  • awxb

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

I have played 4d9hrs and i'm still only just level 32 with 0mins in DM and 25mins in races.

If i want to race i will play GT5/6 if i want to shoot i will play BF4/COD if i want have all round fun and a good laugh i will play GTA5.

It not it's biggest mistake it's the biggest draw, exactly why me and millions of others bought it.

That's like saying if I want to drive a tank I'll play Panzer Elite or some other random simulation instead of BF. See where I'm getting at?

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

ITs called imagination fool.... like really? I used to be an avid text role player back in the day... and Rockstar just gave me a full sandbox world that I can pretty much do whatever I want in? HRmmmmm no no I dont want that I want scripted linear story line!!! lol

• JackWren likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users