Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is Rockstar going to implement a garage checker function?

51 replies to this topic
abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

You're not gonna get banned.

But still I don't get the big deal.... Who cares whats stored in players garages?

its not fair to get bad sport and pay insurance for finally killing a tank that spawn nuked you 5-10 times plus tanks were meant to be hijackable making it a personal vehicle gives it an unfair advantage. 

That part I understand. But frankly I personally woulda joined a new session if I got spawn killed by a tank 5 times in a row

Seanathon
  • Seanathon

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Thing is.. there are glitched rides that arnt even glitched..... FOR INSTANCE i am pretty much agaisnt glitching in competitive online games... but I found a Sheriff SUV and was like.. hey lemme try something and rolled it into my LS customs without doing ANYTHING DIFFERENTLY THAN I NORMALLY DO with any other ride. Boom Insurance and boom in my garage... no glitching done... BUT is this a glitch? OR WAS THIS SUV MADE FOR US TO USE??? who the f*ck knows? Will my SUV get deleted and my account threatened due to keeping it? if so I would blame rockstar.... I didnt Glitch it in.... i just drove it in like normal... 

So... at what point do you draw the line? when does the abuse start? when does harm start? 

Lol the line is, did you have to glitch to get the vehicle into the garage, you just drove it in with no other "tricks" so then no, it is not really a glitched vehicle just maybe an oversight by Rockstar or they wanted it like that.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

Good idea but you are basically saying "now I've gotten rid of all my glitched vehicles I believe anyone who has glitched vehicles should be punished"

No, I don't mind vehicles like the big tow truck and weed van/blazer/custom cop cars but it gets outrageous when the vehicle freezes the system like the small tow truck or stuff like the bulletproof tires on a riot van

Tow trucks are alright then?  Really?  I mean, at least with a tank, you see it coming and you get to respawn if you derp.  But it's impossible to see the tow truck coming until your game has already crashed.

He said big tow truck, which by the sounds of it doesn't crash systems? But this is the first i'm hearing of this "big tow truck"

Had one in my garage, if you played the grass roots mission with franklin, you know of the big tow truck. 

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:03 AM

But still I don't get the big deal.... Who cares whats stored in players garages?

People who don't like pieces of garbage modding the game with USB sticks and other crap until it's ruined for everybody who wants to play it legit.

Condemn all the scum to bad sport for life (there are people with a year+ sentences for modding already).

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

This conversation is pretty funny... well at least the way I'm reading it. Most of the people on here are the first to scream about someone destroying their personal vehicles, but have no problem blowing up a tank that cost the driver 1,000$ each time. 

Don't give me that line of crap about greifing. I have driven my tank around in the mountains and through the streets, if I get remotely close to someone with it they start shooting it with rockets, or grenades. So it's ok to blow up something that cost me 2+ Mil and an additional 1k per spawn, but God forbid someone blows up your car and PAYS the insurance.

Before you jump down my throat think about it. My tank is worth more than your car even with all the upgrades.

So my response to this thread is the same as your response in most bad sport threads. Stop blowing up peoples personal vehicles, including, tanks and buzzards. 

I can spawn kill you in my EXF just as easy, by driving backwards so you can't shoot me. Then what? Will you treat it like a tank? Is my personal vehicle now fair game?

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

Why should they get rid of the tanks n jets? I mean when people wanna camp in front of your apartment then just take out that tank n problem solved

It's not getting rid of them, it's preventing them from being stored in garages as Personal Vehicles and being insured through a glitch.  If you purchase anything from that high end, you must call Pegasus for it, which they will deliver it to a random spot on the map, to which you must go and retrieve it.

Remember...

REPEATEDLY PLACE BOUNTIES ON ANY PLAYER USING A GLITCHED, INSURED VEHICLE SUCH AS THE TANK OR BUZZARD. THIS ALLOWS YOU TO BLOW UP HIS VEHICLE WITHOUT GETTING A BAD SPORT WARNING, AND IT ALSO MAKES THAT PLAYER HAVE TO PAY HIS OWN INSURANCE COST.

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

I don't mind it if you put your tank or jet or buzzard in your garage. it's cool to get it wherever/whenever you want but having them be insured is so f*cked up. i paid 25k on some dudes buzzard insurance after he took it on a mission and busted it up and the rotor gave out on me as I was flying it to the objective. f*ck that. Jesus Christ.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

Or they could remove the Bad Sport system and set tank insurance to $0. Then everyone will be happy, right? Lol.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by AzraelX, 15 November 2013 - 02:13 AM.

REPEATEDLY PLACE BOUNTIES ON ANY PLAYER USING A GLITCHED, INSURED VEHICLE SUCH AS THE TANK OR BUZZARD. THIS ALLOWS YOU TO BLOW UP HIS VEHICLE WITHOUT GETTING A BAD SPORT WARNING, AND IT ALSO MAKES THAT PLAYER HAVE TO PAY HIS OWN INSURANCE COST.

I can confirm this. Just make sure they are still in the vehicle, and that they are the owner.

If you're in a tank, it also works on the griefers that try to drive their chrome Adders into you on purpose.

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:17 AM

Why should they get rid of the tanks n jets? I mean when people wanna camp in front of your apartment then just take out that tank n problem solved

It's not getting rid of them, it's preventing them from being stored in garages as Personal Vehicles and being insured through a glitch.  If you purchase anything from that high end, you must call Pegasus for it, which they will deliver it to a random spot on the map, to which you must go and retrieve it.

Remember...

First off large text is unnecessary. In addition to that, most people who have insured tanks are glitchers or hackers. So money is usually not an object to them. So making them pay their own insurance is laughable. 

Secondly, a legit player who has to grind through 1/2 pay missions and races, does it make sense to keep putting a bounty on someone. For instance, let's say you put a bounty of 1,000$ that cost you 2,000$. The tank costs the driver roughly 19,000$. Now lets do the bounty 10 times. Thats 20,000$ on you and 190,000$ on him.

You can sell a fully upgraded Adder for 230k+ In 2 minutes. Do you see my point? It's a losing battle. You may think your winning he/she will have all their money back in 2 minutes and you will have a moral victory

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

Those who don't wanna get trolled by personal tanks 

...And? If a player was able to purchase a tank then I don't think it matters whether they have to get it delivered to them or keep it in the garage

It's not so much having it in their garage as it is making it a PV, where if someone fights back and destroys the tank, they get charged for the insurance and receive a Bad Sport warning.

SOHC_VTEC
  • SOHC_VTEC

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

W
H
O

G
I
V
E
S

A

F
U
C
K
  • FATMAC2 likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

$2,000 is a wonderful price to pay to take away the advantage of the glitching scum.

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

I think he's just making the point that then you can at least blow them up without paying insurance or getting bad sport.

Btw I had thought the buzzard would lock onto tanks. Is this never the case or just with personal tanks.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

People who don't like pieces of garbage modding the game with USB sticks and other crap until it's ruined for everybody who wants to play it legit.

Condemn all the scum to bad sport for life (there are people with a year+ sentences for modding already).

I'm pretty sure that they aren't modding but glitching

...And? If a player was able to purchase a tank then I don't think it matters whether they have to get it delivered to them or keep it in the garage

It's not so much having it in their garage as it is making it a PV, where if someone fights back and destroys the tank, they get charged for the insurance and receive a Bad Sport warning.

Thats a valid point that I hadn't even considered at the time that I wrote that. I appreciate the clear and respectful response. Cheers!

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:28 AM Edited by Blasterman4EVER, 15 November 2013 - 02:29 AM.

It is also a collective effort.

You tell the session through your mic that everyone should keep placing bounties on the offenders.

Works on riot vans, tanks, anything. And if you kill them yourselves it costs only 1,000 bucks. Same cost as a tank delivery.

Modding is glitching. It is actually the lowest form of glitching.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

Let me consult my Magic 8-Ball of Ultimate Speculation : Outlook Unclear. :bored:

Some illegitimate PVs are completely unbalanced, but some are just harmless fun and many are prohibited for arbitrary pointless reasons. And clearly the Pegasus delivery service is sorely lacking.

So who knows what solutions they'll try for this problem.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

Those tanks are for sale... are they not? Where does the tank go when buy it?

EDIT: 

here's the real deal... trying to prevent ANYTHING from being put into garages goes against EVERYTHING in GTA's history... Every GTA I've ever played, my garages were packed full of sh*t that didn't belong... I even stored the DODO in GTA:III... (I also flew the DODO in GTA:III, but that's a different story)

This is the FIRST GTA (with garages) that has limited what can and cannot be put into a garage based on it's type. 

Bottom line... unban everything..if you can drive it, you should be able to store it... period. If it fits in the hole, it should stay in the hole... 

Garages are limited to keep balance in GTA Online.

In singleplayer this type of stuff SHOULD OF been allowed

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:44 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 15 November 2013 - 02:46 AM.

You tell the session through your mic that everyone should keep placing bounties on the offenders.

Works on riot vans, tanks, anything. And if you kill them yourselves it costs only 1,000 bucks. Same cost as a tank delivery.

YEAH THAT'LL SHOW THOSE MEANIE GLITCHER SCUM GRRR GTA:O FUNDAMENTALISM 4 LYF

I don't 'glitch' (though I'm sure that you'll accuse me of it anyway, and with such zeal!), but you take this sh*t way too seriously.

• AzraelX likes this

Flyby29
  • Flyby29

"Settle Down Captain Happy"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:51 AM

What's wrong with my fib buffalo and sheriff cruiser.

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

YEAH THAT'LL SHOW THOSE MEANIE GLITCHER SCUM GRRR GTA:O FUNDAMENTALISM 4 LYF

I don't 'glitch' (though I'm sure that you'll accuse me of it anyway, and with such zeal!), but you take this sh*t way too seriously.

YOU'RE A GLITCH SYMPATHISER. Which is basically a GLITCHER. Which is basically an unholy combination of HITLER-STALIN-SKELETOR. GRRR.

Is the guy actually for real? I kinda thought it was all a stupid trolling act, only thing that made any sense.

• AzraelX likes this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:45 AM Edited by WBaker, 15 November 2013 - 06:46 AM.

If vehicle = allowed then keep
If vehicle = not allowed then delete.

They have to do SOMETHING about those tanks and cop cars and jets. Thats why i replaced all my military stuff and modded in cars like the clown van and weed van. Don't wanna get banned lol

I like the thread title but that looks but why test two logic statements?

How about

if !( vehicle.flags && PLYR_VEHICLE )
{ vehicle.explode(); }

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users