Worst glitch/bug ever

29 replies to this topic
DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Okay, I can handle how buggy this game is but this one glitch is pissing me off.

I bought a lot of masks....so now on my select screen if i go over right or left its all full head masks with my face masks somewhere in the middle. So every time I try to use a mask I have to scroll over 6 times to get a face mask....OR I pick a full head mask and my char gets a bald hair cut.

Like wtf, are there hair eating bugs in these masks? Is R* trying to turn us into skinheads? Why havnt they fixed this yet? its so simple to fix I am surprised it hasnt been in their hotfixs yet.

I know what your saying "use a face mask" , Well problem is due to the fact I cant move masks around in my menu, means I can just use a face mask without going though a lot of head masks and boom.....my hair is gone again -.- I wouldnt mind this much but I have to keep rebuying my haircut over and over again.

Anyone else hate this bug?

SiicKeX
  • SiicKeX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

Wear a mask and then get a haircut and it should be fixed, for me at least :)

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by DerpCat, 14 November 2013 - 10:03 PM.

Wear a mask and then get a haircut and it should be fixed, for me at least :)

I did, but every other time I enter a new room and use the head mask, it just eats my hair again once I remove it. Is it the same for you?

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

annoyed me at first, but I havnt worn a mask since level 20 or so.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

annoyed me at first, but I havnt worn a mask since level 20 or so.

Well I just recently got the masks....soo idk how to fix it yet -.- and I dont have much of a choice in masks due to how its ordered in my menu. Does getting a haircut with the mask fix it for good? or just for that session?

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

yeah the game stealing your hair is annoying. the game stealing your ammo is a bitch.

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Bane of Trolls / GTA Forums Martyr / Servant of Justice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

If you think this is the worst glitch, you may be a serial glitcher.

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Buy the White Hockey Mask. I believe it should end up being the last one in your inventory, alphabetically and all. 

AcidSludge
  • AcidSludge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

Try glasses. They are on another Inventory-Option-Slot, putting glasses off lowers your wanted level just like the masks.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

Buy the White Hockey Mask. I believe it should end up being the last one in your inventory, alphabetically and all. 

Nope, its ordered by the order you buy the masks in....the hockey mask was my first mask, but after buying all the masks its gotten mixed in order. Now its 6 to the left with a face mask, and too many on the right to get to a face mask. I wish there was a way to change the order, but it seems to be stuck due to how I bought them.

Try glasses. They are on another Inventory-Option-Slot, putting glasses off lowers your wanted level just like the masks.

They do? O_o I thought only masks did....are you sure about this?

Jolly Swagman
  • Jolly Swagman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:00 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 15 November 2013 - 01:03 AM.

Nope, its ordered by the order you buy the masks in....the hockey mask was my first mask, but after buying all the masks its gotten mixed in order. Now its 6 to the left with a face mask, and too many on the right to get to a face mask. I wish there was a way to change the order, but it seems to be stuck due to how I bought them.

To select the hockey mask without having to go through your  other masks use the directional arrows on your key pad rather than the activate button. You can go straight to hockey mask without cycling through the others.

Glasses and hats work for lowering your wanted level but if your robbing shops the clerks will still recognize you on return visits. Full face helmets stop them from recognizing you and also for losing wanted level.

Edit: Sorry re-read and saw you already knew about the arrows. Just wait until you unlock a new face mask then buy that if you think the order they show up in is from the order you purchase the masks in. BTW why do you have so many masks?

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:42 AM Edited by DerpCat, 15 November 2013 - 02:43 AM.

To select the hockey mask without having to go through your  other masks use the directional arrows on your key pad rather than the activate button. You can go straight to hockey mask without cycling through the others.

Glasses and hats work for lowering your wanted level but if your robbing shops the clerks will still recognize you on return visits. Full face helmets stop them from recognizing you and also for losing wanted level.

Edit: Sorry re-read and saw you already knew about the arrows. Just wait until you unlock a new face mask then buy that if you think the order they show up in is from the order you purchase the masks in. BTW why do you have so many masks?

The problem is I bought all the masks in the game, but now I cant even get clsoe to a face mask as its behind all the head masks. If I dont do it fast enough i end up losing my hair -.- but good to know glasses and hats work too...I'll just use them for now on :v thanks

As for why I have so many masks...Well, I wanted to buy everything clothes wise in the game to mix things up, I thought the mask bug was fixed and had no clue it screw up the order of my masks.....so I just got them all.

Since I have to go though about 5 head masks to get to a face mask and I'll have to do it quickly....I'll just swap glasses or something to lose stars I guess. I mean if i need to rob a store I can quickly select the facemask without messing up....just thats much harder when driving away from cops which for some reason keeps making the game think i picked a headmask when im scrolling though them. I hope that makes sense :/

600noodles
  • 600noodles

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

they will fix thw whole game sometime next week and it will be perfect JUST GIVE THEM TIME 

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

Ya a haircut glitch is way worse and game breaking than insured tanks that can spawn kill you and when you blow them up you get bad sport points and have to pay a 25k insurance fee. totally the worst glitch in the game...

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:54 AM Edited by AzraelX, 15 November 2013 - 02:54 AM.

Luckily I saw how aggravating the selection thing was for masks/glasses/etc before I bought a mask, so when it was time to get one, I bought the one I liked the most and that was it. Makes life a lot easier.

Unfortunate that I didn't realize the same thing for helmets until it was too late, though. And you automatically have to wear the last helmet you bought when you get on a motorcycle, so if you bought them all at the same time you could get permanently stuck with a bad one.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:08 AM

Luckily I saw how aggravating the selection thing was for masks/glasses/etc before I bought a mask, so when it was time to get one, I bought the one I liked the most and that was it. Makes life a lot easier.

Unfortunate that I didn't realize the same thing for helmets until it was too late, though. And you automatically have to wear the last helmet you bought when you get on a motorcycle, so if you bought them all at the same time you could get permanently stuck with a bad one.

Acually its the last one you wear, so put on one you like then wear it. Once you get on a bike and off it always puts that one on

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

Acually its the last one you wear, so put on one you like then wear it. Once you get on a bike and off it always puts that one on

Doesn't work, unless there's something else to it. Tried that half a dozen times. Always reverts to the last one I purchased.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:13 AM

Doesn't work, unless there's something else to it. Tried that half a dozen times. Always reverts to the last one I purchased.

On xbox you can press x to set whichever helmet you'd like to wear. If you're using ps, look at the bottom right hand of the screen for button options to change while on the helmet options.
  • AzraelX likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

On xbox you can press x to set whichever helmet you'd like to wear. If you're using ps, look at the bottom right hand of the screen for button options to change while on the helmet options.

Beautiful, that worked :D Thanks!

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

rockstar should comp my hair cuts then  I quit wearing masks because of that glitch .  Now everytime I die whether I have my minigun equipped or not its ammo goes to zero. getting sick of this buggy game. 

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruih made me do it

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:34 AM

rockstar should comp my hair cuts then  I quit wearing masks because of that glitch .  Now everytime I die whether I have my minigun equipped or not its ammo goes to zero. getting sick of this buggy game. 

when you have it equipped, as in tap L1 or LT to bring it out, you will still lose it's ammo when dying.

it was intentional, because you lose whatever is loaded into your gun upon death, and having the minigun, you should know that it NEVER reloadssss

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

when you have it equipped, as in tap L1 or LT to bring it out, you will still lose it's ammo when dying.

it was intentional, because you lose whatever is loaded into your gun upon death, and having the minigun, you should know that it NEVER reloadssss

This is why I always swap to my shotgun or some useless gun before I die so I lose that ammo and not my useful gun ammo :V

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

It's worse than you think, OP. The masks aren't infected with hair-eating bugs, they're infected with hair-changing bugs. My character has a shaved head just like me. Instead of masks removing my hair which I don't have, they give me hair which I don't want.  While I admit that the sight of a guy in a business suit with orange cornrows gave me a chuckle, I'd rather go back to the clean-shaven look I originally selected.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

It's worse than you think, OP. The masks aren't infected with hair-eating bugs, they're infected with hair-changing bugs. My character has a shaved head just like me. Instead of masks removing my hair which I don't have, they give me hair which I don't want.  While I admit that the sight of a guy in a business suit with orange cornrows gave me a chuckle, I'd rather go back to the clean-shaven look I originally selected.

LOL, I wish I had that problem....I hate these bugs messing with my mohawk......but its funny to hear the skinhead players are forced to grow hair XD

molliwopped
  • molliwopped

Local Hero

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

This happens to me all the time. Quite annoying

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

I hate masks, so I approve of this bug.

Only mask I wear is the dust devils hockey mask if my character is so bruised that I can't stand looking at it.

Especially those ugly ass Monkey and Pig Masks.  So hard not to pull the trigger on players that wear them. 

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

Only mask I wear is the dust devils hockey mask if my character is so bruised that I can't stand looking at it.

Especially those ugly ass Monkey and Pig Masks.  So hard not to pull the trigger on players that wear them. 

Hey, **** you, Pogo is cooler than you'll ever be!

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

That one is even more annoying because everyone between level 100 and 150 wears it.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

That one is even more annoying because everyone between level 100 and 150 wears it.

*redneck from Survival voice* "ooooh motha****a"

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

I just wear a mask 24/7. I like to pretend my guy has a horribly disfigured face. (Oh wait he does, forgot about the god awful character creation)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users