Photo

GTA Online Review

12 replies to this topic
MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:41 PM Edited by MrWuggy, 15 November 2013 - 01:31 PM.

A month ago I submitted my GTA single player review in here, and it received a lot of criticism.

I heeded a lot of that advice; I've tried to make improvements.

This is my review of GTA Online. I'm interested in what you think of GTA Online, and the possibilities of this game. 

http://globallyattun...-online-gaming/

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by tom_p1980, 14 November 2013 - 09:26 PM.

A month ago I submitted my GTA single player review in here, and it received a lot of criticism.

I heeded a lot of that advice tried to make improvements.

This is my review of GTA Online. I'm interested in what you think of GTA Online, and the possibilities of this game. 

A nice, well thought out, articulate well written review, sadly it's let down by one huge issue.

I don't agree with it.

I'm sure many of the FM's on here will lap it up though.

• haythem09 and Bizdaddy like this

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

Seems more like an Advertisment-Overview than a Review.

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

I heeded a lot of that advice tried to make improvements.

A nice, well thought out, articulate well written review, sadly it's let down by one huge issue.

I don't agree with it.

I'm sure many of the FM's on here will lap it up though.

Thanks - What exactly do you disagree with? Do you think Online has been a disappointment? 

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

Thanks - What exactly do you disagree with? Do you think Online has been a disappointment? 

LOL, you are pretty funny - i hope you realise that ...

xXxTerrorist
  • xXxTerrorist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

It was ok I guess.

Nice and upbeat.

Maybe a little pro GTA.

Would have been good to see some unbiased crit in there.

5/10

austintrain
  • austintrain

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

brave of you to post it on here and invite criticism.

for what it's worth, your piece wouldn't look out of place on one of the big games websites.

not sure how complementary that is...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Despite it's initial bugs this is the only online game I have even cared about. I have previously been strictly a SP guy.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:17 AM Edited by AlexL, 15 November 2013 - 03:17 AM.

Are you getting paid to kiss Rockstar's ass? :v:

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

GTA V single player.... 7.9/10. 

GTA V Online....... 4.5/10

Nobody would read (or maybe one person might) my reasons for those scores (my reviews).  I know this because I wrote a 7 page idea of how you could pull people over online in the a police car in free roam and a way to use the ambulance in free roam and ONE person read it. And my reviews would be much longer.

Just know this.... those scores are very accurate for very good reasons. There are many many things I love about GTA V, but for all the things I love, there are several let downs. For one tiny example.... for gta online... why can't I choose to do a team death match?  I have to either pause the game and go to the map and join a team death match on one SPECIFIC job and pray that other people are playing on that one SPECIFIC job, then when no one is playing  which is the case 99% of the time, then I end up being the host and nobody joins.  When I join a random death match from the cell phone it ranges from anything from a regular death match to vehicle death matches, when all I'm looking for is a team death match. THEN WHEN I DO EVENTUALLY GET CONNECTED TO A TEAM DEATH MATCH AND MY WIFE JOINS ME, WE CAN'T BE ON THE SAME TEAM!!!!!!!!  This is one TINY LITTLE example of the many many many many many things wrong with GTA V Online.  

One more thing.... I review games based on FACTS... not preferences. Like the example I gave above.. those are facts. I don't review games and say things like.... "I hate how you can have catch up turned on during races in GTA V online, GTA V online score 1/10".  because other people might like having catch up turned on.  Nobody likes joining a helicopter death match when they want a team death match with guns... and nobody likes hosting a death match with nobody else in lobby (literally nobody else) and nobody likes not being able to be on the same team as their friend in a team death match when they want to be on their friends team. 

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:22 PM Edited by Matty H, 15 November 2013 - 01:52 PM. No need to post four times in a row. Use the "Edit" link to add additional content to your post (I merged your posts).

What is that you find humorous about me?

brave of you to post it on here and invite criticism.

for what it's worth, your piece wouldn't look out of place on one of the big games websites.

not sure how complementary that is...

Well compared to a month ago when I posted my single player review this has been fine.  Thanks for your kind words.

Despite it's initial bugs this is the only online game I have even cared about. I have previously been strictly a SP guy.

Same, I've been totally immersed by it. I love it!

GTA V single player.... 7.9/10. 
GTA V Online....... 4.5/10

Nobody would read (or maybe one person might) my reasons for those scores (my reviews).  I know this because I wrote a 7 page idea of how you could pull people over online in the a police car in free roam and a way to use the ambulance in free roam and ONE person read it. And my reviews would be much longer.

Just know this.... those scores are very accurate for very good reasons. There are many many things I love about GTA V, but for all the things I love, there are several let downs. For one tiny example.... for gta online... why can't I choose to do a team death match?  I have to either pause the game and go to the map and join a team death match on one SPECIFIC job and pray that other people are playing on that one SPECIFIC job, then when no one is playing  which is the case 99% of the time, then I end up being the host and nobody joins.  When I join a random death match from the cell phone it ranges from anything from a regular death match to vehicle death matches, when all I'm looking for is a team death match. THEN WHEN I DO EVENTUALLY GET CONNECTED TO A TEAM DEATH MATCH AND MY WIFE JOINS ME, WE CAN'T BE ON THE SAME TEAM!!!!!!!!  This is one TINY LITTLE example of the many many many many many things wrong with GTA V Online.  

One more thing.... I review games based on FACTS... not preferences. Like the example I gave above.. those are facts. I don't review games and say things like.... "I hate how you can have catch up turned on during races in GTA V online, GTA V online score 1/10".  because other people might like having catch up turned on.  Nobody likes joining a helicopter death match when they want a team death match with guns... and nobody likes hosting a death match with nobody else in lobby (literally nobody else) and nobody likes not being able to be on the same team as their friend in a team death match when they want to be on their friends team. 

Interesting thoughts, I'd love to read your extensive thoughts on it. I think one of your let downs is a very trivial thing, and something I'd surmise Rockstar will implement into the game in the near future. Can't you bookmark death matches you like similar to races? As I alluded to in my review it isn't immaculate but the potential is mind-boggling. I just I'm so excited to see where this game is from a year from now.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong with reviewing based on taste and preferences, as long as you're willing to accept other people will have different taste to you. So obviously some things are objectively bad, like the thing you mentioned, and there are things that are subjectively bad like for me the lack of diversity on the map.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

LOL, omg you are good .... or are you serious ?

MrWuggy
  • MrWuggy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

LOL, omg you are good .... or are you serious ?

I'd really like if you could detail what exactly is comical about me, is that too much to ask?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users