Photo

Hardcore Mode

10 replies to this topic
Ashwulf
  • Ashwulf

Beer Tester

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

I've sent some feedback to Rockstar regarding a possible hardcore mode. HC servers would automatically turn off auto aim, radar blips would disappear unless someone shoots with an unsilenced weapon, and those with a bounty wouldn't be able to hide in their apartment etc.

Also, you wouldn't be dumped into the bad sport pool for blowing up player vehicles. If you're going to cry about having your personal vehicle blown up whilst in a shoot-out, then you need to go back to shoving lego up your arse.

Hopefully this would deter some of the squeaky f*cking kids I keep hearing on the mic.

I doubt they'll implement it, but it was worth a shot.

• Niyologist, DMC14 and Mpirerocks like this

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

Besides the bounty thing I think it's a great idea that's I've often suggested myself.

Unfortunately I don't think a support ticket is a good way to suggest anything nor do I think it would be the right place as the people who answer and read those don't really have any connections to people in charge.

Rockstar said they would launch Social Club forums to relay ideas, likes and dislikes of the Online but I havnt seen them mention it since.. Probably because they're waiting until they get all thee planner content out like Heists and the Content Creator before they start taking suggestions.

Ashwulf
  • Ashwulf

Beer Tester

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

Besides the bounty thing I think it's a great idea that's I've often suggested myself.

Unfortunately I don't think a support ticket is a good way to suggest anything nor do I think it would be the right place as the people who answer and read those don't really have any connections to people in charge.

Rockstar said they would launch Social Club forums to relay ideas, likes and dislikes of the Online but I havnt seen them mention it since.. Probably because they're waiting until they get all thee planner content out like Heists and the Content Creator before they start taking suggestions.

I sent them an e-mail to the following address. They seem to be encouraging players to send feedback if you look at the comments section on their site.

For those with suggestions, ideas and wishlists for future GTA Online content or changes, a reminder to please send them to [email protected] where our dev team is reviewing direct player feedback for consideration. Thank you.

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

I've sent some feedback to Rockstar regarding a possible hardcore mode. HC servers would automatically turn off auto aim, radar blips would disappear unless someone shoots with an unsilenced weapon, and those with a bounty wouldn't be able to hide in their apartment etc.

Also, you wouldn't be dumped into the bad sport pool for blowing up player vehicles. If you're going to cry about having your personal vehicle blown up whilst in a shoot-out, then you need to go back to shoving lego up your arse.

Hopefully this would deter some of the squeaky f*cking kids I keep hearing on the mic.

I doubt they'll implement it, but it was worth a shot.

They did this for RDR online. They even have a friendly mode where you can only shoot NPCs. It works well. You can join what you want when you want and everybody was happy. There must be some technical reason they didn't do this for GTA O. Perhaps they don't want to split the player base, but then again they kinda do that with bad sport + free aim vs assisted aim anyway.  I dunno.

Also they way the blips work in hardcore RDR is perfect. You show up when running, aiming and shooting, or riding your horse. There was a use for stealth. They have it in deathmatch for GTA:O so I seems like it could be implemented for free roam.

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

The One Who Knocks

• D1RTY12
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

Are you suggesting that there should be a mode where we can play GTA like it's GTA?

Madness.

pacman2012
  • pacman2012

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Maybe a hardcore mode like COD?

No hud or player blips and free aim only.

Yep... Said this already ^

But thanks for emailing it.. I'm too lazy

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Bad idea, or at least a very impractical one. The GTAO community is already fragmented 4 ways (autoaim&goodsport, autoaim&badsport, freeaim&goodsport, freeaim&badsport) and a further split doesn't seem like a great idea, especially when it draws primarily from the smaller pool. It could be okay to play but it doesn't really seem like there's 'space' for it.

Your best is probably trying to run a "radar off" event in free-aim sessions, but still it would be a bit different.

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:09 AM Edited by Born_Homicidal, 16 January 2014 - 04:12 AM.

hardcore mode would be perfect with everything mentioned above especially the off the radar aspect like in RDR 

but I also feel that it should remove the ability to have/use a tank (in free roam) and get rid of sticky bombs and maybe RPGS, grenade launchers (these two don't really matter) that way you could actually have gun fights and drive by's etc without having the constant sticky bomb war fest which pretty much every scrub does to get kills even when you are on foot.

If they were to keep sticky bombs which I occasionally use then you should only be allowed to manually plant them on walls, cars, bikes etc.. instead of being able to throw them whenever and wherever.

if either of these two would be enabled then I wouldn't mind my car being blown up if I were in a battle but the constant sticky bomb blowing up my car is getting pretty old to be honest, and would make gta 5 a much more better game.

and yes I would be willing to lose my tank in order for this to happen, I only bought one to kill people who keep spawn killing players with a tank

dOn DaDa ShOttA
  • dOn DaDa ShOttA

JAMESTOWN RANCHO GANG

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

i was surprised it wasn't included being that they had it in max payne 3... i would love that option in gtao. 

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

Hardcore mode should be your lvl one when you die.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:54 AM

In a hardcore mode I'd rather turn off the minimap altogether. Assisted aiming can stay as far as I'm concerned. Basically keep everything the same only take the minimap off. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users